Page 45 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast
    Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Not fully interested in this book but I'm glad Bernard Chang is getting more work!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Cover of Children of the Atom #3:

This picture brings me back to being hyped about the book. If it is Krakoan Gate that increase the chance they are mutants.

The funny thing is, i only see the interest in this book as long as they are humans because at least it brings a new topic to the x-men.

I see no reason why they should be mutants, worst, mutants with the same abilities of established characters.

By the way, if they were mutates, would they be more accepted?

Also dont see the young avengers thing, they didnt invent people with superpowers and not everyone is associated with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    The funny thing is, i only see the interest in this book as long as they are humans because at least it brings a new topic to the x-men.

I see no reason why they should be mutants, worst, mutants with the same abilities of established characters.

Also dont see the young avengers thing, they didnt invent people with superpowers and not everyone is associated with them.
    I still think we might be seeing a mix of origins for powers, but we won't know for sure until the book hits (or at least the right preview pages).
    Dark does not mean deep.

The Young Avengers were introduced as sidekicks/fan boys of classic Avengers. They wore costumes modelled after their idols.

The tagline was that they weren't what you think, because there was more to them than first appearances
    Iron Lad was a young Kang the Conqueror
    Patriot was using MGH to simulate powers
    Hulkling was a shapeshifter
    Asgardian was a magic user/reality warper

They will be no real interest from X-fans if they are humans. People don't read X-men comics for Humans you read for the journey of mutants. Then compounded on that issue they are usable mutants that fans like sitting around because of human characters who fans aren't interested in. If they are mutants in CotA, They won't have the same powers as the originals in every case, They will have powers that make be able to copy certain things that the original did which is better than humans in suits copying X-men powers because when it is time refresh the concept as all comic do. The mutants have their own original powers which clearly can work different and will get new look that doesn't look their x-men role models aka original characters. To make it simpler something like this

Pixie-dresses up like Angel
    Hellion dress up like Jean Grey
    Wind Dancer dress up like Storm
    Anole dress up like Nightcrawler
    Loa dress up like Kitty Pryde

Nobody is expecting mutants with exact same powers as originals but with human characters dress up that is exactly what you would be getting a tech suit copying a mutants power. CotA has no future in the X-men line if it is humans which is not necessary a bad thing they can go on to be champions,new warriors and Avengers heck maybe even be a bridge between to the two lines BUT for that happen X-men fans have to embrace them enough for them to survive OR large influx of Marvel general fans have to like them. I don't see those two thing happening but if they are mutants then actual commit them has proven to work. New Mutants, Generation X and New X-men have all worked because Marvel made actually extended commitment to them as the next generation of mutants, If they do same to CotA they will be fine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They will be no real interest from X-fans if they are humans.
    I'm an X-Fan and I'll be reading it if they're human.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

Vita not even being able to give us their names makes me think maybe these are dead mutants who wished to change their powers after death (re: wills in X-Men 7).

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    Vita not even being able to give us their names makes me think maybe these are dead mutants who wished to change their powers after death (re: wills in X-Men 7).
    then why not share their names....or if its a mutant that a lotta people know what is the point of giving them different body...powers?
    GrindrStone(D)

Same here.
    I mean, them being humans would probably not be enough to make me interested, but that would at least be better than another new generation of young mutants.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    They appeared in Marvel's Voices and Forge didn't seem to know them, so it's probably not that. And doing that would overcomplicate things too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    They will be no real interest from X-fans if they are humans.
    And there will also be no interest for a group of new mutants as seen from every teenage X-title the last decade or so.

But if they are humans the story will need a new approach to fit in, so that would be preferable to me right now with no more info to go on.

Isn't there also many complaints about the lack of human allies that are not faceless bystanders but actually given some screen time like in ye olde days?

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    They appeared in Marvel's Voices and Forge didn't seem to know them, so it's probably not that. And doing that would overcomplicate things too much.
    I've got my fingers crossed that the fan theory that a couple of them are youngsters we've seen attached to human supporting characters (like Charlotte Jones' son) pan out. I think it's a neat idea and gives some of them a sort of legacy tie in.

I kind of want to see how mutants that haven't been connected to the X-Men in the past step into the Krakoan world. I'm not that interested in humans lol

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I've got my fingers crossed that the fan theory that a couple of them are youngsters we've seen attached to human supporting characters (like Charlotte Jones' son) pan out. I think it's a neat idea and gives some of them a sort of legacy tie in.
    Yeah that would be an interesting take on having humans. Cosplayers not so much imo