Page 29 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1925262728293031323339 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    The Middle East is a region named from a colonial perspective and doesn't make much sense (what is it in the middle of? what is it East of?). There has been an effort to refer to the region as North Africa and East Asia because it is more accurate and specific. Middle East is still widely used, though.
    Dammit, you know I’m not that interested in the book when I start quibbling over semantics.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    why East Asia when its West?
    Sorry! Meant West Asia!!

Quote Originally Posted by mikelmcknight72 View Post
    My guess would be that these Children of the Atom are the first generation of chimera.
    That was my thinking. You gotta start somewhere.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Another new generation of mutants?!? God Marvel!

I'm not liking NC on that cover. He's too skinny. And that flat little boy haircut isn't helping. I'm really not a fan of Silva anyway so I'm really glad Bernard Chang is doing the interiors. I like his art and bought that New Mutants mini that he did way back when, when it first came out and it helps in my decision to possibly pick up these books but it ultimately depends on how the plot goes. The covers on the whole are a bit underwhelming but the last one is an improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm tired of new generations of mutant kids who'll be underutilized after six months. To have these characters actually be part of the X-books' history would be a great touch. I also have to admit I do kind of hope they're all humans. I c thean see that being a cool different angle to explore.
    Me too. I'm not interested yet another batch of new teen heroes and they should use the ones they already have. New Mutants, Gen X, New/Young X-Men, The Five Lights, The JGS kids, Trinary and Honey Badger. There is even Marrow and Moorisons Beak and Angel when you think about in Limbo too. I actually posted in another thread about a week ago how it would be interesting it would be if a group of humans would be envious of the X-Men for having powers to stop bullies and corrupt authorities and having a community to belong to the school/team/Krakoa. I may pick it up if they are mutants. But its a very big if. It depends on how they are used. I don't really want another team just to languish.

That "peach" Nightcrawler that was pointed out a few pages back with an "ew..." Its ironic since Kurts hands was based off of someone Cockrum went to school with. You know when you think about it Toad was treated so terribly by Magneto because he was weak and not very powerful and "ugly." His abilities were based just on a physical mutation. He didn't have the benefit of an added power.

BANNED

they look so utterly lame, im starting to think the scarlet witch had a point going for her delulu moments

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Attachment 91911

New cover art
    Wish we’d’ve seen this cover first but I get the whole transition thing they wanted to do with the two Silva covers. I’m really loving the designs of each cast member and I hope they at least get to have their setting placed in the Akademos Habitat so we could get some guest star appearances from other X-generations.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Wish we’d’ve seen this cover first but I get the whole transition thing they wanted to do with the two Silva covers. I’m really loving the designs of each cast member and I hope they at least get to have their setting placed in the Akademos Habitat so we could get some guest star appearances from other X-generations.
    I'm hoping for this as well.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I'm iffy on the sidekick angle but I need to know more first. I'm not big on them just having the look and powers of existing characters. I usually like the variety the mutant concept brings than the other franchises.

the more i ruminate on this the more interested i get. its so out of left-field .

BANNED

probably because we were all hoping they would keep to their word of not creating new characthers, especialy 5 more to add to the saturated and ignored x-teens, but oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    probably because we were all hoping they would keep to their word of not creating new characthers, especialy 5 more to add to the saturated and ignored x-teens, but oh well
    i hear you. im hoping new mutants has a more revolving cast than at first glance

in terms of this book though i dont wanna be quick to call "flop". the creative team seems pretty mint and considering all the clues weve been given suggesting this is a chimera book it could end up exploring some fascinating new territory. plus its getting everyone so riled already....consider my curiosity piqued

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    i hear you. im hoping new mutants has a more revolving cast than at first glance

in terms of this book though i dont wanna be quick to call "flop". the creative team seems pretty mint and considering all the clues weve been given suggesting this is a chimera book it could end up exploring some fascinating new territory. plus its getting everyone so riled already....consider my curiosity piqued
    they need their own book, straight and simple, with a reason to team up and a mission to make them relevant to krakoa, what we absolutly did not need was gen z cosplayers that probably do tiktok covers of their heroes

are you kidding the tik toks would be a dream. lol.
    if its any consolation, im 99.9% sure the cosplay theories are wrong. that figure is definitely inflated by wishful thinking. but still.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    are you kidding the tik toks would be a dream. lol.
    if its any consolation, im 99.9% sure the cosplay theories are wrong. that figure is definitely inflated by wishful thinking. but still.
    my wishfull thinking is this book is a ruse and its just a new x-men relaunch, and the twerps on the cover are just the first villains of the ongoing, the x-pretenders

Quote Originally Posted by Maniacal View Post
    Maybe they’re using the “New Warrior” tech Night Thrasher (2) used on the depowered mutants like Jubilee and Beak, etc.

Speaking of which, I’d be more excited if we don’t have both “Strange Academy” with Magik, and “New Warriors” with Firestar training a new generation of heroes as well. I understand “Champions” may be doing the same. That’s far too many students at the same time. Makes me wonder if their goal is some rival “power school” story That can be used for the MCU.
    Woooo looking forward to Strange Academy!

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    That's pretty likely. Not like they're allowed to say anything negative about any of the books or the company without getting in trouble...
    I don't think I've ever seen a comic creator go out of their way to rag on something another creator is doing, least of all two people working in the same company on tied-in projects. It would be career suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by ChibaMariners View Post
    As if there aren't enough X-babies that aren't being used already. More legacy characters to be used as wallpaper or blown to smithereens for shock value if/when Vita stops writing them. There needs to be some super interesting catch or a spin on the powers of these characters considering the characters they're emulated after. I wish she had made some characters with original powers at least they'd have the slimmest chance of sticking around. I just don't think sidekick legacy characters work in a team concept like the X-men, they'll never get the opportunity to be handed the mantle, and if/when they do you know the fans of the originals will be getting their pitchforks ready.
    The X-men have largely stayed away from solo heroics for a while now, with Wolverine being the big exception. Why do Cyclops, Jean and Nightcrawler need sidekicks? Especially since there are multiple classes of X kids that they have already mentored. And copying the powers of the A listers is a fast way to make themselves less interesting. Having a new, interesting power is how these B and C listers stick around.