Page 73 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23636970717273
Results 1,081 to 1,094 of 1094
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Im confused. When the pandemic hit,did they just stop working on this book bc it was delayed almost a year. I thought the first few issues were done with maybe minor changes done as need be
    I would suspect the first two were complete and issue 3 was probably half done when it was stopped. Chang probably ended up getting something else during that time and to prevent delays Paco Medina took over. Along with whatever rewrites might be needed.

It is so interesting read through this topic now that the book is released, This book is the definition of wait until book comes out and read then make up your mind.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is so interesting read through this topic now that the book is released, This book is the definition of wait until book comes out and read then make up your mind.
    Or don't write off a book because the writer or all of the cast are not straight white males.

So honestly what was the point of this series?

I remember them teasing that the first issue would be a RED.

But honestly going by spoilers and reviews nothing of consequence happened in this series.

I feel like it was wasted potential on other young mutants that could have used spotlight

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    So honestly what was the point of this series?

I remember them teasing that the first issue would be a RED.

But honestly going by spoilers and reviews nothing of consequence happened in this series.

I feel like it was wasted potential on other young mutants that could have used spotlight
    If i had to guess.

Either.

Trying to appeal to a younger generation of fans (and with that potential readers) by reflecting their real world expression of fan culture like cosplay, podcasts, youtube channels, social media and so on in relation to various franchises into the fictional marvel universe with a focus on the mutants and X-men as the target of their adoration. Combined with a Captain Planet/Power Rangers style cast.

Basicly: "Please like these characters and buy their book they are just like you kiddos!"

Or.

Using these expressions of fanculture to reinforce the idea that under the current status quo the mutants are "awesome" now and the X-men are now such popular heros that some normal humans will desire to be like them, including faking being mutants themself.

Basicly: "Have you heared mutants are awesome now? Because they are. Just listen to these unbiased young people!"

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm thinking if it wasn't for the pandemic last year and the X-Office re-thinking and shifting and changing the story beats...that this title would have had more relevance. As it is now...it's just a 6-issue LS that had its moment...like many other LSs throughout Marvel's Publishing history.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm thinking if it wasn't for the pandemic last year and the X-Office re-thinking and shifting and changing the story beats...that this title would have had more relevance. As it is now...it's just a 6-issue LS that had its moment...like many other LSs throughout Marvel's Publishing history.
    Gabe was on one of the Ten of Sword promotional images (between Betsy and Domino in the upper right corner). Which indeed gives the impression the book was original much more valued for their overall plans than it turned out to be now that it came out much later.

It also does feel like it would have fit more into the "honeymoon period" of the current status quo, where things were still building up, or settling in and hadn't progressed as much, that the kids passing themself of as mutants or the Hell's Belles not knowing about the "get killed and cloned back repowered" programm on Krakoa yet, wouldn't have looked as odd.

However i don't think it would have lasted much longer under these circumstances either. But that's just my personal opinion.

Still i'm a bit curious what the original plans for the first 6 issues were.
    Last edited by Grunty; 07-13-2021 at 05:47 PM.

So I guess we will never see these characters again.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 05-05-2022 at 04:47 PM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    So I guess we will need see these characters again.
    do we have a new announcement?
    In the real world i would be BOTH pro registration and Pro mutant rights. Xavier and Trask were both right.

If anything Vita will incorporate them into NM, or at the very least Carmen

Incredible Member

If anything Vita will incorporate them into NM, or at the very least Carmen
    They introduced 15+ characters in their run of NM, is there room fore even more characters in that book?

Quote Originally Posted by Milici View Post
    They introduced 15+ characters in their run of NM, is there room fore even more characters in that book?
    sure, why not?

Astonishing Member

sure, why not?
    Has the sad state of the New X-men taught us, or more importantly the writers, nothing about trying to fill a pot that is allready bursting?

There is barely any room left to give many of the older characters enough chance to be relevant or making readers aware of them. Trying to force in even more characters into existence with nothing to do but fill backrounds or have one or two lines occasionaly (but only under the writer who created them), just increases the issue of everyone being even less likely to get any development or longterm usage.

And it certainly doesn't help that there is currently next to no room for mutant villains either. Since to reinforce the "greatness" of Krakoa, they are all sitting around holding hands with the X-men and singing kumbaya (i exagerate of course), except for rarities like Mikhail Rasputin.

It's almost an irony that as mutant villains, many characters now filling backrounds or occasionaly getting a minor role (or more specific their powers get used for some solution before they get discarded again), had a much bigger chance to get some focus, development or at least time to show off, since they would also be the focus of a story next to the heros.

Instead we are left with some of narratively weakest and uninteresting (in my opinion) villains in quite a while.

Weirdly enough. The remaining 4 COTA kids are currently much more unique than Carmen, since they are now part of the rare group of named normal humans who are friends/supportive of mutants, while she is just another young mutant to fill backround shots (unless pushed by her creator).
    Last edited by Grunty; 05-05-2022 at 04:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartofTheStoriesWeTell View Post
    do we have a new announcement?
    Sorry, typo. Corrected.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume