Page 53 of 73 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Because he's not really a comic writer, with YA being his big contribution, the only other thing was co-writing a Justice League arc with Geoff Johns. Anyways, he did The O.C. beforehand, which while not up my alley was a show very popular with teens, so clearly he knew how to write for a teen audience and prove successful when doing YA. Then he wrote Wonder Woman 2017, which speaks for itself.

So he has more cred than Ayala in my book.
    Just seems like you've made up your mind and will find whatever path of logic that leads there.

Not entirely but yes, that’s a huge reason for the comment section calling Marvel “go woke go broke, SJW shills” and @‘ing Vita on Twitter with gross racist comments. They’re racist trolls. I don’t know why that’s so shocking to you.

BANNED

the fact this book has no X of swords tie-in paints a grim picture, I predict a situation ala fallen angels

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I’ll go to bat for Prisoner X. That **** was good.

And it’s not like Heinberg has done any good comics besides YA.
    Lets not even take that comment seriously Vita past work is horrible. So horrible that companies gave Vita Morbius,Nebula, James Bond, Xena and COTA to write. Prisoner X was good, I like Vita's Livewire book. What is actual happening doesn't reflect that comment

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    the fact this book has no X of swords tie-in paints a grim picture, I predict a situation ala fallen angels
    Funny cause I always felt like This title and Hellions are miniseries in disguise just like Fallen Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Not entirely but yes, that’s a huge reason for the comment section calling Marvel “go woke go broke, SJW shills” and @‘ing Vita on Twitter with gross racist comments. They’re racist trolls. I don’t know why that’s so shocking to you.
    I think you're giving those types of people too much weight. None of the people who criticize today's Marvel had any problem with '80s comics where women like Storm and The Wasp were leading the X-Men and the Avengers, respectively.

Also, as for your argument that the characters look distinct... KindaSortaNotReally is the best word. They're just so fake, forgettable, and lame. I just take nothing away when I look at them. Many feel the same way. Again, I keep calling them "Deviantart OCs" because I don't know a better term.

Fallen Angels situation? You mean issue 6 had 39,912 units sold on comichron(it was a top 50 book) and no where even close to the 11,000 number that books normally get canceled at? Fallen Angels was treading down faster than other X-books but it wasn't any trouble yet.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-22-2020 at 10:14 PM.

BANNED

just an early cancelation after telling a short story.

I think you're giving those types of people too much weight. None of the people who criticize today's Marvel had any problem with '80s comics where women like Storm and The Wasp were leading the X-Men and the Avengers, respectively.
    I think you're being far too generous with that crowd.

BANNED

This title is dead on arrival, just give vita a better shot than this atrocity of a title after its done, they deserve it.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I think you're being far too generous with that crowd.
    I wasn't even referring to "that crowd", if you mean straight-up racist people. I mean people who have gripes with today's Marvel in general, crap like COTA and NuWarriors. Again, refer to Strange Academy, something no one took issue with. It's obvious as to why. The characters look more distinct, the premise is cool, and it just sounds fun. It's not about diversity, because Strange Academy looks diverse as well. Even if Strange Academy isn't the best thing ever, it's a cool comic series, and that matters.

So it's not like we, as readers, are to blame for the backlash. The backlash comes from being so cringey and out of touch while putting out what already looks to be a crappy product.

Okay I’m pretty sure there were racists who had a problem with Storm...

But my point is it’s easy to anonymously drop a dislike or a comment and go on with your day. I doubt any of those people are even reading Dawn of X going by the complaints most of them were listing off.

Also, as for your argument that the characters look distinct... KindaSortaNotReally is the best word. They're just so fake, forgettable, and lame. I just take nothing away when I look at them. Many feel the same way. Again, I keep calling them "Deviantart OCs" because I don't know a better term.
    “like taking something that exists and making it your own.”

I mean from this qualifier, that’s literally what they’re doing.

just an early cancelation after telling a short story.
    The early cancellation because of Hill working on multiple other money-making projects that was so in advance that “limited” was printed on every single issue?

BANNED

Okay I’m pretty sure there were racists who had a problem with Storm...

But my point is it’s easy to anonymously drop a dislike or a comment and go on with your day. I doubt any of those people are even reading Dawn of X going by the complaints most of them were listing off.

The early cancellation because of Hill working on multiple other money-making projects that was so in advance that “limited” was printed on every single issue?
    The circumstances are obviously not the same, I just predict a similar outcome, and the quicker these 5 fall into limbo the better

This title is dead on arrival, just give vita a better shot than this atrocity of a title after its done, they deserve it.
    The art alone lets you this book isn't dead on arrival, It might be cancel at some point. It has good art and it is X-book this thing is going last way longer than you think.

Doing it very badly, then.