Page 47 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3743444546474849505157 ... LastLast

Well it seems like they’re mutants from what we hear in the trailer. One of them is making ‘mutant music’ while another is a moderator on the mutant subreddit. Probably the one we saw in Excalibur:

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    What makes you think that one of them are mutants? From what they are saying all 5 of them seem to be humans who enjoy mutant culture.
    Why would they give humans the moniker “children of the atom”?

if the only twist on the young mutant concept here is that they’re legacy characters, I’m not interested. The

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

comic book titles are often less than literal.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    What makes you think that one of them are mutants? From what they are saying all 5 of them seem to be humans who enjoy mutant culture.
    I disagree. They said one member is the moderator of the mutant subreddit. The moderator of the subreddit for any oppressed community is a member of that community.
    And they mention one member makes Mutant music, which one would think would be made by a *Mutant*.

Also, by comparing the write-up at the different comics news sites that covered this promotional video one can see that Marvel sent an official press release, because they all have the exact same text accompanying it.

And in that press release is the passage:

Quote Originally Posted by Children of the Atom Press Release
    The events of House of X and those in its wake have caused an unprecedented paradigm shift for mutants in the Marvel universe. Now more free to live openly without the fear of oppression, gifted youngsters from around the world are following in the X-Men’s footsteps and striving to make the world a safer place for both mutants and humans.
    And the first sentence of the press release is:

Quote Originally Posted by Children of the Atom Press Release
    A new team of young mutant heroes have formed in the tradition of some of the original X-Men.

I'm actually kinda curious now as to how they have the same powers as adult X-Men. Or maybe they don't and they're using their own powers to mimick them.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm actually kinda curious now as to how they have the same powers as adult X-Men. Or maybe they don't and they're using their own powers to mimick them.
    Kidcrawler’s teleport signature is different to Kurt’s, and his tail looks prosthetic.
    Kurt’s gonna be charmed by him.

Astonishing Member

While I suspect the novelty of being humans might serve as a shield from being event-foddered*, the time for human allies would have been before Hickman

*and let’s not kid ourselves, even at their height the X-franchise was not immune to that

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Kidcrawler’s teleport signature is different to Kurt’s, and his tail looks prosthetic.
    Kurt’s gonna be charmed by him.
    Mmm probably a mix of similar powers and tech, since they're all Forge fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Well it seems like they’re mutants from what we hear in the trailer. One of them is making ‘mutant music’ while another is a moderator on the mutant subreddit. Probably the one we saw in Excalibur:

None of that gave me the impression that they weren’t. More inspired by mutants which seems to be the premise that Vita was stressing

Fantastic Member

[QUOTE=Tycon;4898045]Well it seems like they’re mutants from what we hear in the trailer. One of them is making ‘mutant music’ while another is a moderator on the mutant subreddit. Probably the one we saw in Excalibur:

this book would have been more interesting had they been de-powered M-day mutants attempting to regain a semblance of their mutant powers using technological means. They could explore how they integrate with the regular mutants of Krakoa and hesitation with the crucible.

Spectacular Member

I think the two creators look better than their characters.

Why are these characters designed so... Unique...
    Last edited by PotniaTheron; 03-21-2020 at 08:20 AM.

Mighty Member

I really like Vita and I am going to support them. But we have so many great characters on the bench that I wanted to see..characters of color who really can be fleshed out.. Why couldn't they introduce maybe one or two of their characters while mixing them with characters that the fans are starved to see..

Wind Dancer, Synch, Warpath, Monet, Hellion , Catseye, Roulette, Risque, Tempo, Bedlam, Oya,all could have been utilized in this book in a very interesting way

I actually think they're going to be young mutants who died and via their will (see X-Men #7) asked to be resurrected with the powers of their idols.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I really like Vita and I am going to support them. But we have so many great characters on the bench that I wanted to see..characters of color who really can be fleshed out.. Why couldn't they introduce maybe one or two of their characters while mixing them with characters that the fans are starved to see..

Wind Dancer, Synch, Warpath, Monet, Hellion , Catseye, Roulette, Risque, Tempo, Bedlam, Oya,all could have been utilized in this book in a very interesting way
    Agreed, especially when Bedlam is shown to be there. The fact that Shola canbe brought back in and they are being dusted over is disheartening.

Me: Mom, can i have Children of the Atom?

Mom: We have Children of the Atom at home
    Children of the Atom at home ...

Quote Originally Posted by PotniaTheron View Post
    I think the two creators look better than their characters.

Why are these characters designed so... Unique...
    I think the faux Archangel design is good.

The rest...