Page 56 of 73 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Great. Would it have been his defining trait? I bet Claremont would know better.
    And, I remember back in the day, I knew *less* about Sunspot *before the book came out* than I know about these people. Give them time. Claremont might indeed have known better, and the current writer most likely *also* knows more about the characters they're writing than 'he has a TokTok.'

No, an X-Men version of those teams would be New Mutants, Generation X, Academy X, or Young X-Men. All of which displayed better characters from the first day than this.
    No, the teams I mention are group of kids who look up individual characters and generally trying to be like their mentor characters and be heroes. This book is X-men version of that. The books you mention are young mutants trying to going to Xavier's school. They are different concepts

I've watched the trailer. It amounts to "they're zoomers, they do zoomer ****, they have secret identities, they punch stuff". I also like Vita's comment about how zoomers would think the X-Men are awesome, which again, doesn't make sense -- they're acting like a bunch of cultists who worship themselves as gods, speak down on everyone who isn't a mutant, lock themselves away on an island, and are on the verge of war with everyone with the Fantastic Four even saying they're no longer heroes. Even if zoomers don't inherently hate mutants, I don't think they'd look at this and be like "Those guys are awesome!".

You also act like what they're keeping secret is gonna change everything. No. This is supposed to make you want to read the title, but they really just turned everyone away from it. The first issue is going to be dumb, and I don't expect some mindblowing reveal to change that.

I've watched the trailer. It amounts to "they're zoomers, they do zoomer ****, they have secret identities, they punch stuff". I also like Vita's comment about how zoomers would think the X-Men are awesome, which again, doesn't make sense -- they're acting like a bunch of cultists who worship themselves as gods, speak down on everyone who isn't a mutant, lock themselves away on an island, and are on the verge of war with everyone with the Fantastic Four even saying they're no longer heroes. Even if zoomers don't inherently hate mutants, I don't think they'd look at this and be like "Those guys are awesome!".

You also act like what they're keeping secret is gonna change everything. No. This is supposed to make you want to read the title, but they really just turned everyone away from it. The first issue is going to be dumb, and I don't expect some mindblowing reveal to change that.
    No I am acting like they have revealed a lot details and complaints beyond costume design and general concept are stupid.

These characters don't add to the universe, only subtract to it. Dawn of X is now worse because of this title. Hickman's entire saga has now lessened in quality because this **** is part of it. In fact, in World War X, the event of mutants vs. MU that we all know is coming, I hope they're used as fodder where they get massacred by supervillains and then forgotten. This is just insulting.
    I still stand by what I said. I'll even add that someone should report to Cyclops that they died, to which he responds by tilting his head sideways and saying "... who?".

That would be the only good thing born out of COTA.

Maybe not having a completely warped view of Dawn of X would help you with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Maybe not having a completely warped view of Dawn of X would help you with that.
    Funny, aren't you the guy who insisted the mutants were still chummy with the non-mutant superhero community? Yeah, so chummy that Reed Richards prevented his son from going to Krakoa with a device, one that can easily be weaponized. So chummy, that Sue declared that they weren't heroes anymore. So chummy, that Jason Aaron basically confirmed that a mutants vs. MU event is coming in the future. Go ahead, keep living your fantasy world. I'm the one with the warped view, now?

Dude, anyone can tell Krakoa will fall, it's very well telegraphed. That's what everyone actually gets, maybe deep down you do too. Mark my words, by the end, they'll be back in Westchester. It's just a means to tell different stories you can't normally do, like The Initiative or Dark Reign or Outlawed.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The people complaining about the X-Men being a "cult" are the actual cult.
    "Cable was right!"

You think so many people would be saying that if it had no merit? Come on. Why do you think mutants vs. MU was something we all knew would happen, even before Jason Aaron basically said it?

Anyways, that is derailing the argument. The current argument is about how awful Children of the Atom is, let's stick to that.

Don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed DoX (though obviously not all of it) and am looking forward to where it's going, but if you tell me it's some unambiguously good thing, that no one in-universe has an issue with it, and moreover, that it's the permanent status quo...

Funny, aren't you the guy who insisted the mutants were still chummy with the non-mutant superhero community? Yeah, so chummy that Reed Richards prevented his son from going to Krakoa with a device, one that can easily be weaponized. So chummy, that Sue declared that they weren't heroes anymore. So chummy, that Jason Aaron basically confirmed that a mutants vs. MU event is coming in the future. Go ahead, keep living your fantasy world. I'm the one with the warped view, now?
    Never denied that there wouldn’t be conflict in the X/F4 crossover, just that by the end of it, they’d be on better terms. If they don’t, I’ll gladly claim I was wrong. But here’s examples of mutants still being chummy:

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Even if you account Illyana who's on Savage Avengers and Strange Academy with WANDA and Coates' use of Storm (which I don't), Wolverine helped with Absolute Carnage and Dust is still carrying the Champions.

Man, if Thor fans survived 5 years of Thor being "unworthy", you can steel yourself and take 5 years of the X-Men being isolationists.

Also even if the designs are **** I'll give CotA a chance since Prisoner X was good.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 03-23-2020 at 05:01 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Cool, you showed some examples of people, individuals, chatting. Doesn't change the fact that Krakoa is on the verge of war, that the very first issue of HoX ends with Magneto proclaiming "YOU HAVE NEW GODS NOW!" in an ominous manner, that heroes have taken issue with Krakoa as a whole such as giving amnesty to mutants and keeping non-mutants out regardless of stance, and that they're working with villains, criminal, murderers, rapists, and so on (I'm sure no hero is going to take issue with that) just because they're mutants, and that they've basically said this is leading a mutants vs. MU event. Come on, it'd be weirder if this didn't lead to a massive conflict. Especially this being Marvel.

Don't you miss the old days? When the X-Men were not a cult? They were just a group of teenagers who lived in a mansion isolated from society under the direction of a telepath who instilled in them his ideology and put them on life or death missions. Also, everyone was wearing the same ceremonial clothes, I mean, superhero costumes.

Good old days.

Don't expect me to be humble when World War X is announced later on. I'm gonna be like, "told ya!".