Page 41 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3137383940414243444551 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    So now we know they're human teenagers which I know most are not here for. But it has potential for some interesting stories if for example these kids are persecuted for being allies of the mutants. Banished from home for sympathizing with Krakoans.
    Yeah I think this has much more potential rather than more young mutants getting blown up on a bus. I'm really looking forward to it.
    Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating

CBR community Standards and Rules

I think it's a very interesting concept. We know that the X-Men have been inspiration over the years in the real world for oppressed minority people. It is logical to think that this also happens in the Marvel Universe.

And Forge being a Native American, he sure understands that. I would not be surprised if he made the costumes and gadgets himself.

these kids are super adorable!!!

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

these kids are super adorable!!!
    Cute.
    My favorites so far are Angel and Cyclops fans.

I wonder what these kids codenames will be.

BANNED

Lol does forge make over-exaggerated cosplays for them?

BANNED

I love Chicklops queen of looking better then the original.

Soooo this is just the 'Culture Appropriation' Book? lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Soooo this is just the 'Culture Appropriation' Book? lol
    I was also thinking that but I didn't want to sound too negative before it came out hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I think it's a very interesting concept. We know that the X-Men have been inspiration over the years in the real world for oppressed minority people. It is logical to think that this also happens in the Marvel Universe.

And Forge being a Native American, he sure understands that. I would not be surprised if he made the costumes and gadgets himself.
    Agreed. It would be interesting if these kids feel like outcasts in their own individual ways and they relate to the plight of the mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I was also thinking that but I didn't want to sound too negative before it came out hahaha
    Haha you're good, Ferro is holding that crown concerning this book. "Children of the Wallpaper" HAHAHA!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Vita must have had a helluva pitch. Because humans using tech and pretending to be mutants is NOT interesting to me at all.

Well from we can gather with what has been released so far that's what this title seems to be. I don't understand why they wouldn't use the generation of young mutants we have right now.

But I guess she wanted to use Gen Z. Or whatever the youngest generation is called nowadays.

I hope the target audience for this like it though. Vita is a great writer.

Vita's a talented writer, but the landing is going to be tough to stick
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Vita must have had a helluva pitch. Because humans using tech and pretending to be mutants is NOT interesting to me at all.

Well from we can gather with what has been released so far that's what this title seems to be. I don't understand why they wouldn't use the generation of young mutants we have right now.

But I guess she wanted to use Gen Z. Or whatever the youngest generation is called nowadays.

IIRC, Vita didn't pitch the original idea. That was from editorial.

Why would they attempt another generation of new mutants? This actually has interesting narrative implications for the mutants and how the world views them. Just the fact that they're kids looking up to some mutants means that the new generation might not be as afraid of mutants as the older folks. And since they're human kids trying to be like their mutant heroes this book would likely have folks like Scott and Ororo mixing it up with the wider MU along with these kids. This could easily be the "Human-Mutant Relations" book.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    lol kinda surprised no ones said that yet.
    Ugh me neither. Idk if cause my Mom was SUPER into Voltron and I rebelled against that but I haaaaate "Hero" stories about a regular person inside Giant Robots.... suits of Armor...Cosplay Costumes that allows them to be "Super"
    Like I reeeeeeally Hate that concept.
    Hate. Hate.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. It would be interesting if these kids feel like outcasts in their own individual ways and they relate to the plight of the mutants.!
    Soooo in the 'Outsider Narrative' the X-Men spouts: they make use of attractive mostly Straight White people Who have an X-Gene that sets them outside of what a normal human is supposed to be
    Judging only from the previews: this book has a buncha attractive mostly white kids who are normal humans put on the costumes of those discriminated against Mutants..For reasons...? We don't Know yet but I'm still unsure what this book is supposed to be about/ who it's for.

I didn't read all the thread pages but thanks in advance if someone can clue me in as to why this book is appealing to you.
    Cause to me it's like that episode of Tyra Banks where she puts on a reeeally Big Fat suit to live in a heavier persons word
    Last edited by BroHomo; 02-23-2020 at 11:51 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

I didn’t say they need to make a new OR another generation of mutants.