Page 40 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3036373839404142434450 ... LastLast

Aww I think they're cute and I appreciate them fighting Sentinels.

So now we know they're human teenagers which I know most are not here for. But it has potential for some interesting stories if for example these kids are persecuted for being allies of the mutants. Banished from home for sympathizing with Krakoans.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

oop are they confirmed human? seems like a waste imo but im still checking it out either way. might not go down how we expect

Fire and life incarnate! phoenixzero23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Aww I think they're cute and I appreciate them fighting Sentinels.

So now we know they're human teenagers which I know most are not here for. But it has potential for some interesting stories if for example these kids are persecuted for being allies of the mutants. Banished from home for sympathizing with Krakoans.
    They being humans makes them even more interesting in my opinion.
    It shows mutants can inspire more than their own people, that humans can't be all jerks to mutants. The X-men need more positive interactions with humans
    Hope they are allowed in krakoa
    Last edited by phoenixzero23; 02-20-2020 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    oop are they confirmed human? seems like a waste imo but im still checking it out either way. might not go down how we expect
    I feel like someone in the May 2020 thread said it but here's the solicitation for this issue:

"A local prison riot is quickly turning into an escape and the only ones who can stop them are a bunch of high schoolers?! The strangest teens of all are on the case! Guest-starring the Avengers!"

EDIT: My bad, not fully confirmed yet just an assumption was made.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I feel like someone in the May 2020 thread said it but here's the solicitation for this issue:

"A local prison riot is quickly turning into an escape and the only ones who can stop them are a bunch of high schoolers?! The strangest teens of all are on the case! Guest-starring the Avengers!"
    ohhhh yeah I read the high schoolers bit as just a reference to their age lol silly me. maybe theres still hope its chimera business? ish?

ohhhh yeah I read the high schoolers bit as just a reference to their age lol silly me. maybe theres still hope its chimera business? ish?
    Haha I ended up editing my post because it doesn't *specifically* say it but yeah I guess high schoolers would mean they're in regular school versus Krakoa Camp. Unless they're mutants in human high school!

at this point morbid curiosity has me by the throat lol

at this point morbid curiosity has me by the throat lol
    My kinda Thursday night!

Gah they're human teens...with power suits? Didn't they with that Diaster New Warriors run that jubilee and Chamber were on?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixzero23 View Post
    They being humans makes them even more interesting in my opinion.
    It shows mutants can inspire more than their own people, that humans can't be all jerks to mutants. The X-men need more positive interactions with humans
    Hope they are allowed in krakoa
    Yeah I'm hoping Vita brings these themes to the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Gah they're human teens...with power suits? Didn't they with that Diaster New Warriors run that jubilee and Chamber were on?
    I missed that one!

BANNED

Maybe they can calm the not all humans crowd down. But the Avengers in issue 2?

Quote Originally Posted by tuck frump View Post
    Maybe they can calm the not all humans crowd down. But the Avengers in issue 2?
    It makes perfect sense if these kids are human. Remember, teenage heroes are apparently outlawed so these kids might need some sort of adult supervision. But as others said, it's far more interesting to see human teenagers looking up to some mutant heroes like Cyclops, Storm, etc... And their appearance in Marvel Voices speaking to Forge implies that they're using Forge-tech to do all this stuff.

Also, it dovetails nicely into a growing issue across the X-line: Not only are mutants in danger at all times, humans who hold no ill-will towards mutants are being killed off by anti-mutant groups. In addition to your standard supervillains, these kids could very well be targeted by these groups. Can you imagine if one them was murdered by Xeno?

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    It makes perfect sense if these kids are human. Remember, teenage heroes are apparently outlawed so these kids might need some sort of adult supervision. But as others said, it's far more interesting to see human teenagers looking up to some mutant heroes like Cyclops, Storm, etc... And their appearance in Marvel Voices speaking to Forge implies that they're using Forge-tech to do all this stuff.

Also, it dovetails nicely into a growing issue across the X-line: Not only are mutants in danger at all times, humans who hold no ill-will towards mutants are being killed off by anti-mutant groups. In addition to your standard supervillains, these kids could very well be targeted by these groups. Can you imagine if one them was murdered by Xeno?
    I ownder if these kids are out of Krakoa? or they can visit/live there

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    My guess would be this is Vita's book but I pray that isn't the actual lineup. Lovely cover by Silva regardless.
    I'm new to this forum/community and perhaps a thread exists appreciating the best xbooks artists,but everytime I see RB Silva I'm dumbstruck by how good he is like wow!Which guys are in his level of amazing?I know no artist is alike and sometimes it's the inkers who bring it through more than pencil guys(when they are not one and the same) Let's do a list of the heavyweights.I think Ken Lashley is one,Ron Garney another,Clay Mann gets my shout definitely.Will Conrad,Jorge Molina,Clayton Crain the prince of darkness lol,Simone Bianchi has a great unique rendering( though he's better in close ups just my opinion) Jerome Opena was great on Xforce too.

BANNED

this has "build up to get murdered for shock value to kickstart a summer event" writen all over it.