Page 46 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I've got my fingers crossed that the fan theory that a couple of them are youngsters we've seen attached to human supporting characters (like Charlotte Jones' son) pan out. I think it's a neat idea and gives some of them a sort of legacy tie in.
    I really think that the Archangel guy is Timmy with a decade of aging up from the O5 X-Factor days. The Nightcrawler kid might be one of the many other kids of Azazel, and if the Cyclops stand-in ISN'T at least somewhat based on the character's most well known mega-fan (and X-plainer) I'll eat my cowl.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The Young Avengers were introduced as sidekicks/fan boys of classic Avengers. They wore costumes modelled after their idols.

The tagline was that they weren't what you think, because there was more to them than first appearances
    Iron Lad was a young Kang the Conqueror
    Patriot was using MGH to simulate powers
    Hulkling was a shapeshifter
    Asgardian was a magic user/reality warper
    I see, i knew the original team but not the idea behind it. Now i understand the comparisson.

I’ll find this team way more interesting if they’re not just a new group of young mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Iron Lad was a young Kang the Conqueror
    Patriot was using MGH to simulate powers
    Hulkling was a shapeshifter
    Asgardian was a magic user/reality warper
    Iron Lad assumed to be a protege of Iron Man, turned out to be Kang
    Patriot assumed to be a protege of Captain America, turned out to use drugs like Nitro
    Hulkling was assumed to be a protege of Hulk, turned out to be a Kree/Skrull hybrid
    Asgardian was assumed to be a protege of Thor, turned out to be the son of Scarlet Witch

I really liked how they each had a double origin, one that seemed shallow and another that went deep.

The Young Avengers are just iconic and beyond reproach! Their shoes are to big to be filled by any team it's cute that this new series is taking similar ideas and giving them a new spin Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Now let's discuss this team's longevity do you think they'll ever manage to break out on their own and ditch the expensive cosplay schtick they got goin on, or are they done by the end of this run?

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    The Young Avengers are just iconic and beyond reproach! Their shoes are to big to be filled by any team it's cute that this new series is taking similar ideas and giving them a new spin Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Now let's discuss this team's longevity do you think they'll ever manage to break out on their own and ditch the expensive cosplay schtick they got goin on, or are they done by the end of this run?
    They might not be designed to ‘break out’. They could just be a story the writer wants to tell?

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    They might not be designed to ‘break out’. They could just be a story the writer wants to tell?
    Yeah, I could see this being a mini. Just a taste of what effect Krakoa is having in some demographic or another. Not enough to sustain a book, but lends to a wider sense of worldbuilding.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post

LOL was this post meant to be ironic? Like did you time travel and directly steal a post from some Old Avengers geezer fan talking about the YA in 2004 and apply it to Children of the Atom? If so, well done!

Is there a good article or something that lays out what has actually been revealed about this title? The only thing I'm finding are articles with the initial reveal and nothing beyond that. I'm trying to talk to others on Discord about it and want to present the series fairly and without my snark.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    Is there a good article or something that lays out what has actually been revealed about this title? The only thing I'm finding are articles with the initial reveal and nothing beyond that. I'm trying to talk to others on Discord about it and want to present the series fairly and without my snark.
    I think we have very little besides the solicits for the 2nd and maybe 3rd issue outside of the initial announcement. Even the names of the characters have yet to be revealed.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

From the sound of it, at least some of the kids are mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

I'm leaning towards multiple power origins myself. A mutant or two, a person with tech (the Nightcrawler guy might even be both, like Dragoness was in the MLF, a mutant with a bit of gear), maybe someone with one of the classic origins like magic, some handwavium accident, or an evil experiment who broke free.

We won't know for certain for several more weeks.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

Hoping the opening book will be at least as interesting as Wifi's first issue because this interview / teaser just killed whatever interest I had left.

"Moderator of the X-Men subreddit!" is not the kind of thing that interests me. Clearly not for me.

Hope y'all enjoy this, anyways, to support the X-Office and creators.
    Let your wallet talk.
    Never forget, Cyke fans~ https://twitter.com/i/status/1246248602768486402
    Jean had more presence in death than Cyke in Hickman's entire run.
    Hickman succeeded where 2010s Marvel didn't: make the X-Men villainous and irrelevant.
    Hilariously, the X-Men have now fully embraced mutant supremacy and racism against humans.
    For other Cyke-centered stories by a Cyclops fan: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1008144...ffle-or-Boogie

Fitness insta! *like*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I'm leaning towards multiple power origins myself. A mutant or two, a person with tech (the Nightcrawler guy might even be both, like Dragoness was in the MLF, a mutant with a bit of gear), maybe someone with one of the classic origins like magic, some handwavium accident, or an evil experiment who broke free.

We won't know for certain for several more weeks.
    What makes you think that one of them are mutants? From what they are saying all 5 of them seem to be humans who enjoy mutant culture.