Page 54 of 73 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    The circumstances are obviously not the same, I just predict a similar outcome, and the quicker these 5 fall into limbo the better
    I actually want Cyke-kick and Surge to meet. Actually the CotA and the New X-Men in general. We have a generation that had to see the X-Men, who they trusted to protect & mentor them, at their most dysfunctional and humans at their arguable worst. On the flip side, we have a group of mutants growing up with the X-Men at their very best and mutantkind never in a better place. The diametric opposition that can really be played up in character interactions with the NXM is reason enough for their existence. Also, Marvel fanBoy (being a wrestler n’ all) and Rockslide would be great friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    I wasn't even referring to "that crowd", if you mean straight-up racist people. I mean people who have gripes with today's Marvel in general, crap like COTA and NuWarriors. Again, refer to Strange Academy, something no one took issue with. It's obvious as to why. The characters look more distinct, the premise is cool, and it just sounds fun. It's not about diversity, because Strange Academy looks diverse as well. Even if Strange Academy isn't the best thing ever, it's a cool comic series, and that matters.
    By that crowd I meant people who use terms like SJW earnestly.

I think nobody took issue with Strange Academy because it isn't working off an established MU concept that people have preconceived notions of.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    I actually want Cyke-kick and Surge to meet. Actually the CotA and the New X-Men in general. We have a generation that had to see the X-Men, who they trusted to protect & mentor them, at their most dysfunctional and humans at their arguable worst. On the flip side, we have a group of mutants growing up with the X-Men at their very best and mutantkind never in a better place. The diametric opposition that can really be played up in character interactions with the NXM is reason enough for their existence. Also, Marvel fanBoy (being a wrestler n’ all) and Rockslide would be great friends.
    that sounds atrocious to compare mutants that have actually been living and knowing the xmen for years to a bunch of twerps who only know them by code name and an idealized version of stupid martyrdom, unless it’s to have the new xmen call them stupid twerps playing dress up id rather not

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    By that crowd I meant people who use terms like SJW earnestly.

I think nobody took issue with Strange Academy because it isn't working off an established MU concept that people have preconceived notions of.
    Honestly, what you said highlights a bigger problem. Everything is a "-ist" nowadays. Racist, Sexist, SJW, Incel, White Knight, and so on, just shit-spewing all across the board and it's easier to do thanks to social media.

And has it ever occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, that COTA is getting backlash because... it's looks really shitty?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    The art alone lets you this book isn't dead on arrival, It might be cancel at some point. It has good art and it is X-book this thing is going last way longer than you think.
    no matter how pretty it is , wallpapper is wallpaper and these 5 are practically the children of the wallpapper , it won’t change anything betwen a cancelantion at issue 6 or 9

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Honestly, what you said highlights a bigger problem. Everything is a "-ist" nowadays. Racist, Sexist, SJW, Incel, White Knight, and so on, just shit-spewing all across the board and it's easier to do thanks to social media.

And has it ever occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, that COTA is getting backlash because... it's looks really shitty?
    I mean, if you'd be paying attention, you'd see that I haven't been personally hyping up COTA myself.

But your insistence of dismissing any concerns of bigotry amongst its detractors seems naďve.

that sounds atrocious to compare mutants that have actually been living and knowing the xmen for years to a bunch of twerps who only know them by code name and an idealized version of stupid martyrdom
    Well, I’m sure they would know more about them than just their names since they’re public superheroes with their histories not really public either; the comparison would mostly be in the difference of era and type of X-Men they get to interact with. The love the CotA have for their heroes doesn’t come off as martyrdom, moreso fans of what they do for mutants and the world (Vita said these are the type of kids who would have posters in their room). It even ties in the New X-Men... is that not what you want? Do you just hate these kids no matter what?

BANNED

Well, I’m sure they would know more about them than just their names since they’re public superheroes with their histories not really public either; the comparison would mostly be in the difference of era and type of X-Men they get to interact with. The love the CotA have for their heroes doesn’t come off as martyrdom, moreso fans of what they do for mutants and the world (Vita said these are the type of kids who would have posters in their room). It even ties in the New X-Men... is that not what you want? Do you just hate these kids no matter what?
    how does it tie into them ? just to create a comparison of how bitter and jaded they are over the cosplaying wallpapper ? that just seems like an idea to use them to promote these new kids , which is anoying as it is and yes i would dislike this anyways since it’s a poisoned concept at the inception and nothing will change that

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    pffff here we go
    lol exactly. Are folks doing kNowInG HiCkMAn now?

BANNED

but there is absolutely a lot of racially charged hate thrown at them, to go private on twitter wich really will probably sour them from the xmen writing duties, since the vitriol isn’t only agaist the book but agaist then as well
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-22-2020 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    In recent pictures of Hickman, he looks stressed. I wouldn't be surprised if he's got no control over certain "woke" projects, and is starting to remember why he hates working for Marvel.
    How is this woke?
    that's a reach now, this title is a bad premiss not because of some diversity boogyman but because its very much what none of us want or need
    Did this really have to be typed oout
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

The art alone lets you this book isn't dead on arrival, It might be cancel at some point. It has good art and it is X-book this thing is going last way longer than you think.
    That depends if Chang is on this book for longer than 3 issues.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

You know that's not happening.

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    That depends if Chang is on this book for longer than 3 issues.
    I don't disagree with that, A drop off in art and maybe it is not strong concept. I could see a book falling then.

I think this book is intended to be this generation version of New Mutants or Generation X. I think it is going to have longer leash and support than something like Gen Hope,Young X-men or 2nd run of GenX.

I don't disagree with that, A drop off in art and maybe it is not strong concept. I could see a book falling then.

I think this book is intended to be this generation version of New Mutants or Generation X. I think it is going to have longer leash and support than something like Gen Hope,Young X-men or 2nd run of GenX.
    You'll have to excuse me, but when they say they're the "New New Mutants" and the next generation, that would imply they're actually worthy of the title. Back when New Mutants came out, they were actual characters. Here it's just "one has a TikTok".

The only way this could keep going is if they force it on us and hope we'll eventually accept it, which I hope they don't.