Page 58 of 73 FirstFirst ... 84854555657585960616268 ... LastLast

How do you guys think they're mimicking those powers, if they're mutants? KidCrawler could just be a teleporter with a mechanic tail. Angel boy manifests energy wings which is kinda weird as a standolone power so I'd expect him to be able to do more (maybe he's like post Black Vortex Angel).

BANNED

had they changed power signatures colours it would have been so much better.
    kidclops could shoot blue beams, baby gambit should have the needles she has on the preview but glowing yellow to complement the purple, I dont know more diferentiation

Astonishing Member

They mentioned a treatment in issue 3. I'm guessing these kids had there power as the result of a medical experiment or krakatoa drugs gives you powers..

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    They mentioned a treatment in issue 3. I'm guessing these kids had there power as the result of a medical experiment or krakatoa drugs gives you powers..
    The solicit reads:

Quote Originally Posted by Children of the Atom 03
    Who are the X-Men's sidekicks behind the masks? Meanwhile, a brand new alternative medicine is changing lives at school, but who's recruiting the victims - I mean patients?
    The way that's phrased, with "meanwhile," following asking the question of who the team is sounds to me like it isn't something that they're undergoing, but a plot/villain they're going to go up against.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Also, remember Hickman even said he's gonna put his toys back in the box eventually.
    You know, Hickman got that phrase from Bendis.

Bendis considered his final arcs as putting to toys back in the box. He brought Janet back, made Strange Sorcerer Supreme again. But was everything back where it started? No.

Look at Hickman’s Avengers run. When it was over, Sunspot was still running AIM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Either that or Krakoa starts to offer to the human race the chance to partake in the crucible and be reborn a new mutant.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    had they changed power signatures colours it would have been so much better.
    kidclops could shoot blue beams, baby gambit should have the needles she has on the preview but glowing yellow to complement the purple, I dont know more diferentiation
    I actually agree with this take. Although I'd give Cyke-kick a green energy signature instead as Havoc has blue and Vulcan has yellow.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    I actually agree with this take. Although I'd give Cyke-kick a green energy signature instead as Havoc has blue and Vulcan has yellow.
    very good point! perhaps even white since cyck's beams are at time painted white with red glow, hers could be pure white with some green

The comparisons to the New Mutants are laughable given that:

* Everyone apart from Illyana still is largely only recognizable by their haircut
    * Their layered backstories, including Dani's Valkyrie connections and Illyana's story in general didn't come out until well into the title's run
    * The early issues are largely considered to have growing pains, with the book not really finding their footing until the teens at the earliest
    * oMG Roberto liked Magnum PI what a one-note failure~
    * Repeat it again for those in the back: New Mutants/Young Avengers/etc. can't be compared retrospectively with all of their DECADES of content versus a book that hasn't been released yet.

I lack the clairvoyance as to whether CoTA will reach NM's popularity, but these arguments are just faint echos of the same blind criticism Kamala Khan, Miles Morales, the Young Avengers (archive those forum posts lol), and every previous X-Men generation that has come before. It's not new and par for the course of this routine is totally forgetting you were part of this hate train propoganda should this title be successful.

BANNED

Considering every other mutant teen team we all know the outcome here:
    Once its cancelled the characthers fall into limbo until one of the members get's a small push as a writer's pet, then back to limbo again.

And when the few fans it gathers get anoyed at marvel, for not giving them another shot and instead creates yet another new batch of mutants, they will hear that no generation is completly used and that the new kids being pushed has nothing to do with cota kids being in limbo and you are just being bitter, and if they do show up, barely, you should be happy as you are sold the idea this new generation is totaly not going to repeat the same cycle.

Here we go again, we know the start, we know the end.
    More wallpapper
    Last edited by Ferro; 03-23-2020 at 11:29 AM.

Considering every other mutant teen team we all know the outcome here:
    Once its cancelled the characthers fall into limbo until one of the members get's a small push as a writer's pet, then back to limbo again.

And when the few fans it gathers get anoyed at marvel, for not giving them another shot and instead creates yet another new batch of mutants, they will hear that no generation is completly used and that the new kids being pushed has nothing to do with cota kids being in limbo and you are just being bitter, and if they do show up, barely, you should be happy as you are sold the idea this new generation is totaly not going to repeat the same cycle.

Here we go again, we know the start, we know the end.
    More wallpapper
    Outside of the New Mutants (the very first new generation) the general rule is one or two stick around and the rest fade after the next reboot. One could ask why the insistence on giving characters that couldn't stick around more chances instead of something new?
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

they need their own book, straight and simple, with a reason to team up and a mission to make them relevant to krakoa, what we absolutly did not need was gen z cosplayers that probably do tiktok covers of their heroes
    not me predicting it back in january ....

I

I have to agree about World War X coming, both because the story has had them do multiple acts of war and because its a hacky writer move I expect from Marvel. Marauders has basically been Acts of War: the Comic. They're about to go to war with the UK in Excalibur according to the solicits, and their attempts at espionage are already blowing up in their faces twice over in X-force.

Hickman's declaration of being additive, not destructive is lame. You can be extremely destructive without actually killing characters. Many characters have had their actual character wrecked by all this. Just being willing to put up with Sinister and Apocalypse makes so many of the characters into worse people by association. And I'm sick of every interaction the main X groups have with other heroes being "You're terrible for not doing more to help mutants." and "I'm only here because it might be a mutant thing." They have to bend over backwards to make other heroes into the bad guys by having them not specifically helping mutants while dealing with the other million crises' going on.

Throwing in another group of young heroes seems additive, but depending on how this actually happens (chimeras, super soldier serum, etc.) it could easily be destructive by making the characters already around into worse people.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I have to agree about World War X coming, both because the story has had them do multiple acts of war and because its a hacky writer move I expect from Marvel. Marauders has basically been Acts of War: the Comic. They're about to go to war with the UK in Excalibur according to the solicits, and their attempts at espionage are already blowing up in their faces twice over in X-force.
    Rescuing Mutants from being killed is an act of War now? Also last I checked The Starlight Citadel and OtherWorld ain't the UK
    Hickman's declaration of being additive, not destructive is lame. You can be extremely destructive without actually killing characters. Many characters have had their actual character wrecked by all this. Just being willing to put up with Sinister and Apocalypse makes so many of the characters into worse people by association.
    who do they look worse in comparison to? The planet Killer and his Faaaantastic Family? or the Mob who chills with Maybe Mutant Multiverse Murderer?

And I'm sick of every interaction the main X groups have with other heroes being "You're terrible for not doing more to help mutants." and "I'm only here because it might be a mutant thing." They have to bend over backwards to make other heroes into the bad guys by having them not specifically helping mutants while dealing with the other million crises' going on.
    Errrr When Did the story "Bend over backwards" to make other heroes look Bad?

When Ms Marvel came to register the Mutants days after the bus explosion?

Or
    when the Avengers arrived in a hidden military Flying fortress to 'ask' if an underage girl could come with them?

Orrr
    When they decided "Hey Inhumans if you're not gonna do anything about your Cloud killing us we'll step in to avoid scenes like this..."
    GrindrStone(D)

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why is the art so bad in that Extraordinary X-Men page?
    "Cable was right!"