Page 59 of 73 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why is the art so bad in that Extraordinary X-Men page?
    Because EXM was a bad book with bad art

Inhumans vs X-men and the clouds was a horrible status quo, but those pages with Storm legit get me teary eyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    Inhumans vs X-men and the clouds was a horrible status quo, but those pages with Storm legit get me teary eyed.
    That was a very poignant moment with Storm. Strength isn't always measured by feats of power, feats of character matter too.
    Dark does not mean deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    oh my god same. its nice to know that even through the lowest creative lows the x-books can still hit me in the heart like that
    I hope Lucid is enjoying Krakoa

That's such a stupid moment from Emma. Where was Emma when the Nazi's took over America and ran literal concentration camps for Inhumans? What about when vampires were massacring people throughout Europe? Saying "why wasn't X character or team in another book stopping the problem in THIS one" is a crazy slippery slope of nonsense.

The Storm moment is still pretty poignant. The stupid cloud and all of I v. X wasn't worth it though.

BANNED

it really isnt considering the x-men were present in the current civil war drama and stanford, tony stark had the nerve to ask once and carol asked twice, wich makes her lift the point, this just happened at our school and you were nowhere to be seen, so **** off

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    That's such a stupid moment from Emma. Where was Emma when the Nazi's took over America and ran literal concentration camps for Inhumans? What about when vampires were massacring people throughout Europe? Saying "why wasn't X character or team in another book stopping the problem in THIS one" is a crazy slippery slope of nonsense.

The Storm moment is still pretty poignant. The stupid cloud and all of I v. X wasn't worth it though.
    She was protecting mutants in New Tian if I remember correctly, What was she doing when Vampires was killing people in Europe probably protecting mutants again. People don't seem to get the difference between Avengers/Justice League and other superhero groups. Avengers mission statement is protect the world and they are government sanctioned or working for the government, It is literally their JOB.

Maybe if humans weren't so busy hating mutants all the time, Mutants would probably be well adjusted citizens using these amazing powers to help people and then you could ask "where the X-men" because that are back by government and it was their job. And that has happened with X-factor and XSE...
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-23-2020 at 11:45 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    She was protecting mutants in New Tian if I remember correctly, What was she doing when Vampires was killing people in Europe probably protecting mutants again. People don't seem to get the difference between Avengers/Justice League and other superhero groups. Avengers mission statement is protect the world and they are government sanctioned or working for the government, It is literally their JOB. Other superheroes are more voluntary militia or fire departments to the Avengers/Justice League official police/fire department. Avengers are suppose to help it is their job, X-men help when they can it something they volunteer to do.
    This is a double standard. Humans have to protect everyone, mutants only to have to protect their own - despite the fact they live in the same world? Can't everyone protect everyone? You think the Skrulls, Kree, Ultron or whoever are going to care about leaving mutants alone if they take over the Earth? There are multitude of X-men teams across the world, vastly more than the Avengers typically so manpower isn't a good excuse.

Asking why protectors of the World why they didn't protect, is different from asking why didn't family of heroes or the protectors of mutantkind why they didn't help out. If there is a big fire and voluntary fireman on his day off doesn't jump in to help nobody would get mad BUT regular fireman ignores/misses to the call to help people will be mad . That is difference between the X-men and the Avengers. Trying to reverse saying where was the X-men doesn't work the same. X-men isn't back by the governments to do a specific job.
    Except the X-men are a super-hero team who protect humans and mutants. The real reason is obvious editorial. Not every super-hero team works for governments and more than once the X-men were governments upon themselves, like Krakoa and Utopia.

Maybe if humans weren't so busy hating mutants all the time, Mutants would probably be well adjusted citizens using these amazing powers to help people and then you could ask "where the X-men" because that are back by government and it was their job. And that has happened with X-factor and XSE...
    Do you read other titles Marvel produces outside the X-Books? The mutant bigots are strictly in the X-line. That's not true, they'd be involved in some other drama since this is super-hero comics. Boredom for the readers is asking for cancellation. Mutants have been using their powers to help people long before Krakoa, that's what the X-men were made to do. That's why them being elsewhere while other super-heroes are fighting super-villains is a bad question since the answer is the same for any other super-hero - they're not guest starring in that issue since that's not their series.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    This is a double standard. Humans have to protect everyone, mutants only to have to protect their own - despite the fact they live in the same world? Can't everyone protect everyone?
    Why can't mutants protect everyone to quote someone

The mutant "hating" bigots
    Mutants are too busy defend themselves from mutant hating humans(with a healthy side of stop bad mutants so humans don't use them as scapegoats to attack mutants) that they don't get as much time to help out without other stuff.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 03-24-2020 at 12:46 AM.

BANNED

x-men writers establish what mutants go trough, I do not give a rat's ass what any non x-office writer writes about mutants, what is put in x-men books trumps anything else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Why can't mutants protect everyone to quote someone
    That's my argument, yours was that the X-men were only there to protect mutants.

Mutants are too busy defend themselves from mutant hating humans(with a healthy side of stop bad mutants so humans don't use them as scapegoats to attack mutants) that they don't get as much time to help out without other stuff.
    They're not fighting Sentinels or anti-mutant bigots every second of every day. They don't get much help is because they're in the X-line, and nothing more. It's the same reason they're not helping Spider-man stopping whatever super-villain he's fighting this week because they're not starring in Spider-man's titles. Repeat that with every non-mutant hero and super-hero team. This complaint only goes one way. You're dismissing the fact there are numerous dangerous mutant villains because you think they don't make it worse for mutants? The first issue of X-men starts with the team fighting Magneto when he takes over a military base in the name of mutant kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    x-men writers establish what mutants go trough, I do not give a rat's ass what any non x-office writer writes about mutants, what is put in x-men books trumps anything else.
    That's not how this works. Your claim that anti mutant bigots fill every inch of the universe is shot down every month in the non X-titles.

So not only mutants don't do "enough" for their human allies but also mutant prejudice isn't real? This is some next level gaslighting

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    So not only mutants don't do "enough" for their human allies but also mutant prejudice isn't real? This is some next level gaslighting
    Don't twist my words. You know as well as I do not every person in the non X-title is a mutant bigot and you're omitting the argument I was against which suggested humans were on their own when the world was in danger. Which goes against what the X-men stand for, they protect everyone.

Don't twist my words. You know as well as I do not every person in the non X-title is a mutant bigot and you're omitting the argument I was against which suggested humans were on their own when the world was in danger. Which goes against what the X-men stand for, they protect everyone.
    It has been established on page that the human heroes did not help in mutant massacres though. It's not just in the X-Line, but Civil War talked about it too. So in-universe this criticism makes sense.

Also, hate crimes against mutants are widely different than supervillains or cosmic threats. Most crimes directed at mutants were because of racism or discrimination or fear. Galactus eats worlds regardless of whether humans or mutants live on that world. Ultron wants to conquer the world regardless of its inhabitants. The Avengers or the FF never showing interest in mutant affairs is rather bad for them.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

So should Marvel heroes help each other out or should Marvel heroes handle their own crap?
    "Cable was right!"