Page 60 of 73 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast

Do you really WANT to see the Avengers or Fantastic Four showing up all the time to solve the X-men's problems? I kinda thought people that read X-men comics wanted to see the X-men, not to see how Hulk, Thor, Spider-man, and NFL SuperPro handles mutant issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So should Marvel heroes help each other out or should Marvel heroes handle their own crap?
    Its ultimately up to the story the writer wants to tell lol

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Do you really WANT to see the Avengers or Fantastic Four showing up all the time to solve the X-men's problems? I kinda thought people that read X-men comics wanted to see the X-men, not to see how Hulk, Thor, Spider-man, and NFL SuperPro handles mutant issues.
    damn Marvel's non X heroes.....Double Damn. lol

Buuut I don't think any posters calling for the other 616 heroes to appear regularly in XBooks. Definitely not. Buuut when the few interactions go like AvX orrr Civil War the NM....
    Last edited by BroHomo; 03-24-2020 at 06:20 AM.
    GrindrStone(D)

Double Damn
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    So should Marvel heroes help each other out or should Marvel heroes handle their own crap?
    I'm perfectly fine with the lines staying separate. Cameos here and there for character fun but that's all I need.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

All the time? No. Sometimes? Yes. Something like X-men Red is cool. If the Avengers can't show up at least have it presented that did they all could help. That is all is being asked. If all of the world is against Krakoa the Avengers,FF, Spiderman don't have to be a part of the world in that view. It would be nice to Avengers in THEIR book take some heat for the X-men, It would be nice if the FF backed the X-men, It would be cool New Warriors had the X-men back in their book. It doesn't to be a storyline just a panel where it makes sense AND before you say Marvel is big and it hard coordinate stuff other books have mention Krakoa for example Iron Fist in Contagion crossover mention the X-men but they choose go with "the X-men are acting weird" line. Anyways what do Avengers,FF and New Warriors all have in common they all have mutants on their team there is room outside of X-men franchise to address things. People want to blame editorial but that completely is not the issue when Avengers and X-men have interacted the Avengers are shown not to have the X-men back. It is fine that Avengers don't show up for everything but when they show up they are dicks (Yes at times the X-men are dicks too because they are mad at something too). I will settle for both teams treating each other like professionals who help each other out when they see each other.

Anyways CotA I hope we get some solid info on them at some point they are lot of questions to be answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post

Anyways CotA I hope we get some solid info on them at some point they are lot of questions to be answered.
    Agreed, especially with the potential delay in release now. I wanna give this book a chance!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    It has been established on page that the human heroes did not help in mutant massacres though. It's not just in the X-Line, but Civil War talked about it too. So in-universe this criticism makes sense.
    Don't assume bigotry when editorial divides them so they can explore their own storylines. By that logic the X-men don't care whenever Doom attacks the Fantastic Four. Civil War was badly written. In-universe we know they're not anti-mutant bigots.

Also, hate crimes against mutants are widely different than supervillains or cosmic threats. Most crimes directed at mutants were because of racism or discrimination or fear. Galactus eats worlds regardless of whether humans or mutants live on that world. Ultron wants to conquer the world regardless of its inhabitants. The Avengers or the FF never showing interest in mutant affairs is rather bad for them.
    Not to editorial. That still puts a bigger responsible on humans when the reason they can't do that is outside their control IE they're stuck in their own corner of Marvel outside the scope of anti mutant bigotry. The only reason many storylines like Days of Future past occur is that Marvel needs the non-mutants neutralised or Reed Richard solves the problem in five minutes and the reverse in non-mutant storylines. Some take that as proof that the Avengers and Fantastic Four are bigots who want to exterminate humanity like every human is Graydon Creed. It's only bad in the sense that you ignore the context about why they don't, everyone in those pages aren't all killing mutants with zeal outside the X-line as though they're Orchis. Mutants are barely mentioned, including bigotry when mutants joined super-hero teams. Read Busiek's Avengers, it had Scarlet Witch, when she was a mutant, and Beast in its membership. Look at how often mutant bigotry comes up or affects the plot.

Quote Originally Posted by Steel Inquisitor View Post
    Read Busiek's Avengers, it had Scarlet Witch, when she was a mutant, and Beast in its membership. Look at how often mutant bigotry comes up or affects the plot.
    Well bad writing is just bad writing lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    All the time? No. Sometimes? Yes. Something like X-men Red is cool. If the Avengers can't show up at least have it presented that did they all could help. That is all is being asked. If all of the world is against Krakoa the Avengers,FF, Spiderman don't have to be a part of the world in that view. It would be nice to Avengers in THEIR book take some heat for the X-men, It would be nice if the FF backed the X-men, It would be cool New Warriors had the X-men back in their book. It doesn't to be a storyline just a panel where it makes sense AND before you say Marvel is big and it hard coordinate stuff other books have mention Krakoa for example Iron Fist in Contagion crossover mention the X-men but they choose go with "the X-men are acting weird" line. Anyways what do Avengers,FF and New Warriors all have in common they all have mutants on their team there is room outside of X-men franchise to address things. People want to blame editorial but that completely is not the issue when Avengers and X-men have interacted the Avengers are shown not to have the X-men back. It is fine that Avengers don't show up for everything but when they show up they are dicks (Yes at times the X-men are dicks too because they are mad at something too). I will settle for both teams treating each other like professionals who help each other out when they see each other.

This this this a thousand times this. All you really need is maybe like one panel, have someone say "I tried to call Dr. Strange but he was in another dimension." or "The Avengers can't come. I heard them mention 'Ultron' before the line cut off." Avengers and X-men have been awful to each other before, but they really don't need to be. I'm sick of the 'where were you when (insert disaster) was happening?!' stuff.

I do blame editorial a bit. Outside of X books, mutants just don't appear. Like, at all. For as widespread as a minority as mutants claim to be, they don't show up in any books or storylines outside of X books. We don't even get something like "oh, the bad guy who had weird powers was just a mutant" which was kind of why Marvel made mutants in the first place, to be a quick and easy explanation for superpowers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    This this this a thousand times this. All you really need is maybe like one panel, have someone say "I tried to call Dr. Strange but he was in another dimension." or "The Avengers can't come. I heard them mention 'Ultron' before the line cut off." Avengers and X-men have been awful to each other before, but they really don't need to be. I'm sick of the 'where were you when (insert disaster) was happening?!' stuff.
    Indeed. There was a time when various heroes, including mutant heroes, would hang out together at Ben Grimm's poker games, or otherwise interact outside of 'work' (including some odd connections like Colleen Wing almost dating Cyclops, or Skids, and later Dazzler, working for SHIELD).

I do blame editorial a bit. Outside of X books, mutants just don't appear. Like, at all. For as widespread as a minority as mutants claim to be, they don't show up in any books or storylines outside of X books. We don't even get something like "oh, the bad guy who had weird powers was just a mutant" which was kind of why Marvel made mutants in the first place, to be a quick and easy explanation for superpowers.
    It happens with all sorts of niches. Gamma-spawned people show up all the time in the Hulk's books, but rarely anywhere else. Spider-Man runs into all sorts of gimmick-tech users and / or spider-bit/themed folk, but few mutants, Eternals, Deviants, Inhumans, Atlanteans, Kree, Skrulls, Moloids, Mindless Ones, rogue LMDs, Sentinels, etc. Each of them seems to stick to their own stomping grounds, for the most part.

And that's kind of weird. It would be neat to see *Spider-Man* having to deal with a Sentinel, that's convinced that 'mutates' like him (or the Hulk, Fantastic Four, etc.) are 'close enough to mutants' to add to the murderpile. Or to see how the mutant population deals with the Deviants, who share a common 'tinkered with by the Celestials' ancestry, and a similar bewilderingly random set of 'mutations,' and their own society, culture, and secret history (and yet are also pretty consistently *not nice people*...).

One of the things I liked about the gonzo nature of Nextwave, for instance, is how willy-nilly it delved into every corner of the Marvel Universe. There were rogue synthetic people, and robots, and clones of mutants, and Mindless Ones from the Dim Dimension, etc. There was peanut butter all up in that chocolate, in a way the X-books have, in the past, delightfully gotten all messed up in, with events like Kitty Pryde's home-alone evening with a N'Garai. (Or Magik's entire mini-series introduction, or the Demon Bear storyline in New Mutants, which got far away from the 'mutant super-villain / human racists want to kill us' tropes and explored some of the more supernatural elements of the Marvel Universe.)

As an X-men fan it is bothersome to have to X-men complain about the Avengers, Wanda, etc. Lets just pretend they don't exist.
    I only continue to read X-books because I don't spend any money on it.

Quote Originally Posted by FIGHT View Post
    As an X-men fan it is bothersome to have to X-men complain about the Avengers, Wanda, etc. Lets just pretend they don't exist.
    Agreed.

On topic, I have faith in Vita and the art is beautiful. We shall see!

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Nice art. I'm still not liking the costumes except for NuAngel and NuGambit, they do look fine.

I now hope that this will be as good and as suprising as Hellion.

Add the whole "Super Sentai..." leaning to that the kids are seemingly a Forge fan club?

The premise is starting to grow on me.