Page 61 of 73 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast

I'm still reserving judgment until it hits, because it seems such a nebulous title where I'm sure I won't know how I feel until I actually have that book in my hands, BUT

I'm so sick of reading the Gen Z pitch line. Not because I'm not interested in Zoomer mutants (opposite!) but because it so blatantly and unashamedly undermines the typical excuse of not building on the 'old' School Age characters. Editorial refuses to age them up because they need a body of school age kids? Fine, I don't hate this half as much as other posters on here do. We then get a book, specifically concerning the generational crisis of this age group and those characters are excluded from it. Like I'm no Eye-Boy fan, but what is he if not Generation Z? Why age down characters to keep them school age and then never utilise them? One of my favourite things that Hickman said was not inventing new characters if they weren't necessary and that made me so excited about the whole new epoch but I'm tired man. I'm just so tired.

And, you know, I'm sure there's a potential turnaround or some unique hook that makes this book and its characters worthwhile. It's just the messaging that grates, and even feels a tad... spiteful? But Strain's Gen X had a similar problem ('We chose this cast to focus on the kids who aren't in constant use', despite the fact the supposed big names had been absent for nearly a decade) and I turned around on that eventually. I'm just bleh and venting and trying to be mad at stuff not related to people's personal hygiene.

Sorry guys I'll go back to my New X-Men Complete Collections now

Aww they're cute
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Was the redhead always that ripped or has he gone on a crash course of ab crunches the likes that would make even Liefeld blush?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Was the redhead always that ripped or has he gone on a crash course of ab crunches the likes that would make even Liefeld blush?
    At-Home Workouts™℠®© are all the rage right now.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I thought the red head was supposed to be jolly.... and mini crawler was Asian? He looks latino.

That looks like fanart

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I thought the red head was supposed to be jolly.... and mini crawler was Asian? He looks latino.
    Lots of brown people are Asian.

Quote Originally Posted by Frobisher View Post
    Lots of brown people are Asian.
    Is it ignorant to say that surprises me?

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Is it ignorant to say that surprises me?
    Indian
    Philipino
    Bangladeshi
    Cambodian
    Thai
    Malaysian

Its really not that uncommon in areas of South Asia especially

With this being seemingly a Chris Robinson passion project, I hope Vita and Hickman reign in the whole “sidekick” angle and focus more on outside mutant/human relations and culture building.

It’s fan art.

Quote Originally Posted by akiresu_ View Post
    I'm still reserving judgment until it hits, because it seems such a nebulous title where I'm sure I won't know how I feel until I actually have that book in my hands, BUT

I'm so sick of reading the Gen Z pitch line. Not because I'm not interested in Zoomer mutants (opposite!) but because it so blatantly and unashamedly undermines the typical excuse of not building on the 'old' School Age characters. Editorial refuses to age them up because they need a body of school age kids? Fine, I don't hate this half as much as other posters on here do. We then get a book, specifically concerning the generational crisis of this age group and those characters are excluded from it. Like I'm no Eye-Boy fan, but what is he if not Generation Z? Why age down characters to keep them school age and then never utilise them? One of my favourite things that Hickman said was not inventing new characters if they weren't necessary and that made me so excited about the whole new epoch but I'm tired man. I'm just so tired.

And, you know, I'm sure there's a potential turnaround or some unique hook that makes this book and its characters worthwhile. It's just the messaging that grates, and even feels a tad... spiteful? But Strain's Gen X had a similar problem ('We chose this cast to focus on the kids who aren't in constant use', despite the fact the supposed big names had been absent for nearly a decade) and I turned around on that eventually. I'm just bleh and venting and trying to be mad at stuff not related to people's personal hygiene.

Sorry guys I'll go back to my New X-Men Complete Collections now
    Yeah I don’t get the focus on Zoomers being mutants being a new thing. Are all the New X-Men suddenly not Zoomers anymore lmao??

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

Yeah I don’t get the focus on Zoomers being mutants being a new thing. Are all the New X-Men suddenly not Zoomers anymore lmao??
    Were they ever?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Were they ever?
    What else would they be?

BANNED

this lowkey looks like 5 deviant art oc's, like x-mensonas

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    What else would they be?
    Millenials