Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Makes sense of course - Abnett is a former Guardians of the Galaxy writer.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

getting
    The Joker 80th Anniversary
    Batgirl
    Wonder Woman
    Wonder Woman: Come Back to Me
    Wonder Woman: Tempest Tossed
    Far Sector
    The Last God Sourcebook

trade-waiting
    Amethyst
    Justice League Dark
    Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen
    Books of Magic
    The Dreaming
    House of Whispers

want to get but dislike prestige plus format so will not get
    pretty much all of them
    Last edited by Dr. Cheesesteak; 01-19-2020 at 09:38 PM.
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Mind MGMT, Promethea

BANNED

Cannot wait for Batgirl!! The last issue's arc was so well done! And it was about the most mundane premise "What wouldn't I do??" and it was so clever!! Classic Batgirl through and through!!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Domino_Dare-Doll View Post
    Cannot wait for Batgirl!! The last issue's arc was so well done! And it was about the most mundane premise "What wouldn't I do??" and it was so clever!! Classic Batgirl through and through!!
    Last issue's arc was soooo good!

BOOKS OF MAGIC #19
    The Terrifics #27
    Far Sector #6
    THE DREAMING #20 [R.I.P]
    HOUSE OF WHISPERS #20
    DC SUPER STARS #17
    DC GOES TO WAR HC

Spectacular Member Grandmaster_J's Avatar

Flash and flashy things another month for me
    Batman Beyond
    Teen Titans
    Red Hood

Astonishing Member failo.legendkiller's Avatar

Another horrible month.

Young Justice, only for the love of the characters. It's been a boring read all this time.
    I could maybe give a try to Leviathan:Checkmate only because I want to read something although Event Leviathan has been so anticlimatic.
    Maybe a try to Batman.
    No former Titans, no Kyle, no Guy, Ric still in action, Harley in too many books.
    This is not my DC anymore.

Spectacular Member MikefromGotham's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Yeah I think that’s the problem slightly. I think we can expect to hear something new in the next couple months, especially when Snyder’s run ends, but can’t say anything because his final issue hasn’t come out and they don’t want to spoil hell arisen before it ends and before Snyder’s next event so we are kind of just in this weird area of waiting for what will happen to actually happen.
    How often do we all bemoan the big events, that we just want quality story telling to enjoy? Well here is a month with no big events and I feel like a big baby complaining lol.

That Jackson (or Jake) Hyde YA graphic novel is probably the best thing that is going to happen to the character since he was created.

Putting out self-contained YA graphic novels in their own continuity that can be easily be put in libraries is a smart idea from DC. They have done a few now and it is a good way to grow their audience.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by MikefromGotham View Post
    How often do we all bemoan the big events, that we just want quality story telling to enjoy? Well here is a month with no big events and I feel like a big baby complaining lol.
    Oh I’m not trying to bemoan, and I sincerely hope that’s not how I’m coming across, I’m just stating that after the big mess that comes with Doomsday clock having ended and both of the the big doom war/perpetua storyline and the Dark Multiverse/Secret Six Hell Arisen story that is all ending in March it feels odd to not see really anything of real follow up in April. I’ll take quality stories but I’d be lying if I wasn’t expecting some big one-shot to explain what’s currently going on after everything while also leading up into either 5G/Death Metal(or whatever Snyder’s gonna call his sequel). So to me it just feels like this odd nebulous period where we know something big is about to happen but don’t really know all what that will entail and the April solicits don’t really help in that regard. That’s why I think it may be a few months before we know of anything and that quite possibly they have not announced some things because the stories are not over yet.
    Last edited by sifighter; 01-20-2020 at 12:56 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Oh I’m not trying to bemoan, and I sincerely hope that’s not how I’m coming across, I’m just stating that after the big mess that comes with Doomsday clock having ended and both of the the big doom war/perpetua storyline and the Dark Multiverse/Secret Six Hell Arisen story that is all ending in March it feels odd to not see really anything of real follow up in April. I’ll take quality stories but I’d be lying if I wasn’t expecting some big one-shot to explain what’s currently going on after everything while also leading up into either 5G/Death Metal(or whatever Snyder’s gonna call his sequel). So to me it just feels like this odd nebulous period where we know something big is about to happen but don’t really know all what that will entail and the April solicits don’t really help in that regard. That’s why I think it may be a few months before we know of anything and that quite possibly they have not announced some things because the stories are not over yet.
    I'm expecting a one-shot like Rebirth to start that next Crisis level event/5g.

Also, I was doing the 'bemoaning', not you lol. Wasn't trying to drag you into that.

Quote Originally Posted by MikefromGotham View Post
    Also, I was doing the 'bemoaning', not you lol. Wasn't trying to drag you into that.
    My misunderstanding then.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Late on this, but... well, I'm getting barely anything anyway.

Definitely:
    BASKETFUL OF HEADS #7 - It's good, but there are some kinks here and there that hold it back a bit... I'll still probably finish it though.
    GREEN LANTERN SEASON TWO #3 - Hoping this stays good, because I mostly enjoyed The Green Lantern and am really enjoying Green Lantern: Blackstars.

THE FLASH BY MARK WAID BOOK SEVEN TP - YESSS!!!! Chain Lightning is one of my favourite Flash stories, so **** yeah!

Maybe:
    THE JOKER 80TH ANNIVERSARY 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #1 - Writers aren't hooking me at all.
    CATWOMAN 80TH ANNIVERSARY 100-PAGE SUPER SPECTACULAR #1 - I'm not a big Catwoman fan.
    STRANGE ADVENTURES #2 - I'm over Tom King's shtick, so unless eh shakes things up, a hard pass from me.
    SUICIDE SQUAD #5 - I liked the first issue alright, so let's see how long this series holds my interest.
    JOHN CONSTANTINE, HELLBLAZER #6

DOOMSDAY CLOCK PART 2 HC WITH FREE SLIPCASE - I'm embarrassed to say this... but the slipcase might get me to get the two hardcovers. I mean, it probably will still get an OHC, but... slipcase! Curious about the quality and the shipping. Also, RIP Preboot/Retroboot Imra.
    Last edited by Fuzzy Barbarian; 01-24-2020 at 08:19 AM.
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force

Mutant Bat on Speed Force Fuzzy Barbarian's Avatar

Random thoughts:

God... another event with Leviathan...

The Last God bombards readers with lore anyway -- in a bad way -- so I'm surprised they need a sourcebook.

Oh hey, Kon and Clark are gonna interact... can't believe YJ is still doing that multiverse thing.

That Batgirl cover is... um... yeah. If Goldface is back though, that's neat... even if I liked him as a union guy and only a former supervillain.

That Batman vs Ra's al Ghul cover is hilarious.

Oh hey, Catwoman is getting a new writer? I don't even know how Joelle Jones' writing was past the first issue, so... okay.

Tomasi's 'Tec run has disappointed me, and with him handling Two-Face again... yeah, I doubt he can top himself after "The big Burn".

Barry bringing up his dead mum is reaching Batman bringing up his dead parents levels, and it isn't even that old.

I forgot that there's gonna be a Harley Quinn and the Birds of Prey comic! Oh man... I am worried for Cassandra Cain...

Plague doctor Hawkman looks kinda rad...

I swear, the number of Ric Grayson issues is gonna be more than the regular ones in this series at this rate.

Seeing Essence on the Red Hood cover gave me PTSD flashbacks to RHatO. I also forgot Jason is using a crowbar as a weapon... I don't know if it's meant to be hilarious, but it is.

I like the idea of Bryan Hitch's Superman #22 variant, but his face is just off enough for it to not work.

I know that Teen Titans annual is probably blowing smoke, but if Damian actually changes superhero names for real... I will start reading that series.

That Wonder Woman: Dead Earth cover... Daniel Warren Johnson needs more work. Ever since I read Extremity, I've felt he is way, way underrated.

It is amazing how almost nobody looks even somewhat like their actor on that Arrowverse CoIE cover. Felicity and Supergirl look okay, but everyone else either has the wrong body (Barry) or hair (Wally and Ollie) or face overall (Ollie, Wally and a bit of Barry)

I like the idea of that Sandman boxset... but the different spine colours are a big no from me.

That Maxwell Lord cover is pretty great... as long as you get the context, otherwise it's kinda dumb looking.

That second YJ trade pretending like the Multiverse story wasn't, like, 12 issues...

I missed out on the Bat-family multi-part statue, so I probably won't get the Rogues Gallery one, but... nice. Glad they included Freeze. Hoping Two-Face gets to be there too. It's 2020, so I'm surprised they even care about these guys and it's not just four different Jokers and Harley.

I still dislike the use of the redesigned costumes for that Superman/Flash race statue. Plus, why does Barry have the classic belt but the stupid tron lines? Like, the thing doesn't even slightly look like armour (here or in the comics anymore), but if you're gonna get the New 52 aesthetic, let him ahve the new belt!
    Favourite characters: Wally West, Dick Grayson, Cassandra Cain, Cyclops, Jay Garrick, Jamie Madrox, Stargirl, Bucky Barnes, Magik, Jon Kent, Kate Bishop, Booster Gold

Regular pulls:
    Adventureman, Cable, Fire Power, Green Lantern, Hellions, New Mutants, Thor, Vampire: The Masquerade, Venom, X-Factor, X-Men

Trade-waiting: Animosity, Black Panther, Captain America, Catwoman, Conan, Daredevil, DCeased, Detective Comics, Hawkman, Immortal Hulk, Redneck, Saga, Skyward, Snotgirl, X-Force