Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Was hoping for more new-timeline fallout from WW#750 and Flash#750...not much hint of that either.
    You don't suppose we have some fake solicits here? Walking Dead solicited non-existent issues to hide that it was ending until release day, so we know it can be done - maybe DC gave out false descriptions to hide any 5G related stuff?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

I’m not a fan of Aquaman’s new look but “MyGAWD” that cover screams badass

I’m pretty sure Aquaman has Poseidon’s trident after “Drowned Earth” I better sea some Bryan Hitch level type of stuff with it KSD!!

Incredible Member

Nice to see ed brubaker doing something for DC. They really got everyone back to celebrate catwoman.

The last god source book looks beyond geeky but kind of a good idea too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    That sounds awful. Snyder brought JSA into JL and did literally nothing with them but have them pose for pinups. Only Bendis would be a worse choice.
    I imagine he wants to wait to use his ideas for the Justice Society in their actual book. Besides, if he had done big things with them in Justice League people would complain about the League being guest-stars in their own book

Spectacular Member

I'm all over the "DC Goes to War" HC. DC has a rich history in that genre that generally doesn't get much love.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    I imagine he wants to wait to use his ideas for the Justice Society in their actual book. Besides, if he had done big things with them in Justice League people would complain about the League being guest-stars in their own book
    That's a generous assessment.

First he had the JL deputize every other hero on main earth. Then, as a cliffhanger, he brought in the JSA and Kamandi. Then, as a cliffhanger, he brought in the Batman Beyond characters. Then, as a cliffhanger, he brought in every other character from Hypertime from Kingdom Come to Rorschach.

And not one of them was anything more than window dressing.

What was the point of any of that?

Snyder is all hat and no cattle.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

As per usual lately, I'm only getting the Green Lantern and Shazam. Maybe WW too since some old villains are coming back. Trade waiting Lucifer and the Dreaming, and it sucks that Spurrier is leaving the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    That sounds awful. Snyder brought JSA into JL and did literally nothing with them but have them pose for pinups. Only Bendis would be a worse choice.
    It gets worse: this may tie in to him making a new origin for Wonder Woman. Rucka's Year One is likely out.
    Biggest downgrade ever.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Rafael Grampa's FLASH cover is absolute fire.

AMETHYST #3
    AQUAMAN #59
    BATGIRL #46
    GREEN LANTERN SEASON TWO #3
    SUPERMAN'S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #10
    WONDER WOMAN: DEAD EARTH #3

Everything I'm reading I'm excited for. Glad there's no 5G New Coke stuff yet.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You don't suppose we have some fake solicits here? Walking Dead solicited non-existent issues to hide that it was ending until release day, so we know it can be done - maybe DC gave out false descriptions to hide any 5G related stuff?
    THE FLASH ANNUAL #3
    written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    art by BRANDON PETERSON
    cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    From the pages of Suicide Squad, Task Force X and Captain Boomerang are on the loose, and the Flash is in hot pursuit! But is he really the hunter—or the hunted? Barry Allen may be the Scarlet Speedster, but at the end of this crossover issue, will he still be the Fastest Man Alive?

--

If the "Owen Mercer becomes the new Flash" rumour turns out to be true, then this Annual probably sets it up. They wouldn't waste an Annual, with the regular writer on board, on a run of the mill crossover with Suicide Squad. The Suicide Squad are possibly just a vehicle to get the elder Captain Boomerang into the story.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I'm getting the 80th-anniversary issues and Batman and Tim's early adventures

Yeah that's it

I'm guessing Jason Todd for Leviathan
    So Joker bothering Ric and inadvertently set his memory back is preparation for Joker War
    Aquaman is fighting Orm for the throne again, I feel like I've seen this before, like how many times they're going to do this?
    Wait, Harley's still in Suicide Squad? I thought she's let go?
    Wait, I forget... Snyder's off the League. Where is he now?
    Wait, how is Paula von Gunther alive? We're already in the new WWII timeline, right?
    Wonder Woman Max Lord... I don't believe this.

No 100-Page Giants in April?!

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

When you have favorite characters who get to do nothing for months, these solicitations start looking the same and feel boring.

-Hopefully, Jackson is still around in Aquaman because I am completely done with Atlantis politics. If he gets a chance to travel to Atlantis, viewing it with a fresh perspective can be interesting.

-Wonder Woman may start holding my interest with 5G stuff but Orlando is so meh to me.

-Far Sector is great but I'll just trade wait it.

Event Leviathan: Checkmate
    The Last God Sourcebook (loving this series)
    Action Comics
    Batman/Superman
    Justice League
    Justice League Odyssey
    Lois Lane
    Shazam
    Superman
    Superman’s Pal Jimmy Olsen (maybe the funnest book on the stands right now)
    John Constantine, Hellblazer

The Adventures of Superman by George Perez
    DC Goes to War
    Last edited by Ishmael; 01-17-2020 at 09:00 PM.

Definitely getting:
    -- The Green Lantern
    -- The Legion of Superheroes
    -- The Question

I'm tempted to get "Checkmate," but "Event Leviathan" was such a waste of time I might just wait for the trade or when it's on sale.

Fantastic Member

Teen Titans and The Catwoman 80 year book and that's all for me. If Teen Titans keeps it quality after Glass leaves I will keep buying it.