Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default April 2020 solicitations

https://www.newsarama.com/48662-dc-c...citations.html

Just one book ending this month: The Dreaming.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Very bare bones for me this month.

-It's kind of odd to me that the only fall out to the end of Hell Arisen and Justice League event looks to be in Supergirl and Hawkman. Maybe it will just end with the final issue of Hell Arisen I guess.
    -Cool to finally see Clark and Connor team-up, kind of what I've been waiting for since his return in Young Justice
    -I guess Gold Lantern will be officially his name is Legion of Superheroes
    -I hope with Unkillables ending we get a sequel announcement soon for DCeased
    -I'm assuming Joker War will lead into whatever 5G batman will be
    -Hey Spectres back...and not in Justice League Dark for some reason
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Maybe I missed it, but is anything being done with the Justice Society of America now that they returned in Doomsday Clock?

To be fair, Batgirl appears to be involved in wrapping up the Ric story (she's dealing with the guy who caused his amnesia while he's busy fighting Joker), so maybe the ramifications for what happened to the Commissioner will be in May's issue. Donna, well, there's no current Titans book. Blue Beetle also doesn't currently have a book. And Shazam has suffered major delays. No way the effect on him is addressed before issue 15, 12 was just solicited and we know issue 13 starts an unrelated new arc.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    To be fair, Batgirl appears to be involved in wrapping up the Ric story (she's dealing with the guy who caused his amnesia while he's busy fighting Joker), so maybe the ramifications for what happened to the Commissioner will be in May's issue. Donna, well, there's no current Titans book. Blue Beetle also doesn't currently have a book. And Shazam has suffered major delays. No way the effect on him is addressed before issue 15, 12 was just solicited and we know issue 13 starts an unrelated new arc.
    I mean it could always be the case that they will announce something later that is not listed in the solicitations, would not be the first time. I just expect something like a one-shot or some epliogue from Snyder to say hey here is what happened thanks to my crazy time, dimensional being, batman who laughs/dark multiverse story event.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    Maybe I missed it, but is anything being done with the Justice Society of America now that they returned in Doomsday Clock?
    Yeah wait a few months for that.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

DCEASED: UNKILLABLES #3
    BATMAN & THE OUTSIDERS #12
    RED HOOD: OUTLAW #45

Three titles for me, ergo an awesome month.

Literally nothing. And also, BOO!
    (There is a rumored upcoming Snyder series, set in World War II, no debut date even hinted at yet).

As for this months titles, nothing too exciting for me, other than Supes teaming up with Conner (yay!)

Was hoping for more new-timeline fallout from WW#750 and Flash#750...not much hint of that either.

Overall rating = snore.

Sounds like the books I'm already reading will continue doing what they're doing, which is good.

Nothing else is catching my eye and making me go "I need to start reading that!"

So, average month I guess. Better than a below average month.

The hints that Dick Grayson is finally getting put back together is nice. When he's finally back in costume I'll give it a shot. But the quality needs to be a lot higher than Dan Jurgens half assing it for an easy paycheck if DC wants my Nightwing money again. I recently heard that Jurgens' Batman Beyond is a surprisingly solid read. I'm gonna need *at least* that level of quality to even entertain the idea of sticking around past issue 2.

Sign Dan Mora to a exclusive deal and put him on Nightwing for a 12 issue run and that'll be a big step in the right direction.

Flash Forward is over by then.....any word on a trade collection? I didn't bother with the mini considering how HiC went but I've heard some good things and might grab a trade.
    Last edited by Ascended; 01-17-2020 at 12:34 PM.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

Why is Bat/Cat taking so damn long? I don't believe that this is Clay Mann's fault now, I think it's DC not wanting to put it out yet. But why? I thought they had wanted it to ship alongside Batman instead of shipping that one twice a month? That was clearly a lie. What's going on?

Never, ever lose that sense of hope.

But generally for me, there's some quality, if not quantity.

Strange Adventures is looking good.
    Lois is looking like a nice run so far.
    Morrison's GL certainly has been a plus..
    A Chaykin variant on Question looks appealing.

Legion is becoming a cluster****. Gold Lantern and Dr FATE! Jon Kent, Thorn, Robin, Aquaman's trident. Didn't anyone tell Bendis bringing the values of the Age of Heroes to the 31st century wasn't a literal thing.

Strange Adventures and that's it.

My interest in DC Comics is at an all-time low.

Quote Originally Posted by astro@work View Post
    Literally nothing. And also, BOO!
    (There is a rumored upcoming Snyder series, set in World War II, no debut date even hinted at yet).
    That sounds awful. Snyder brought JSA into JL and did literally nothing with them but have them pose for pinups. Only Bendis would be a worse choice.

Checkmate looks good.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.