Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kai "the spy" View Post
    No 100-Page Giants in April?!
    Any word on an AQUAMAN GIANT for April?

Thoughts:

- A part of me thinks DC is doing all these milestone celebrations because they'll be phasing out most of these characters with 5G. That being said, I'm down for Joker and Catwoman.

- To be honest, I don't really get why Leviathan is a big deal other then the fact that it was created by Brian Michael Bendis and had an event about it. I also wouldn't call Green Arrow or The Question "spymasters." Although maybe that's as loose as Bendis' definition of "detectives."

- Hasn't the general public always been kind of oblivious to Adam Strange's adventures on Rann? I thought only the heroes were aware of it.

- The covers for Tynion's Batman run can't seem to make up it's mind whether Harley is a villain or an ally. I'm guessing "Joker War" is going to be leading into Batman #100 and will be the last Batman vs. Joker story before 5G.

- People complain about the lack of original IP's from the Big Two, but Primer looks pretty nice.

- "Jake Hyde doesn’t swim—not since his father drowned." This is his adopted dad or Black Manta faking his death?

- "Tempest Tossed" sounds like it's asking the question "What if Wonder Woman had to deal with being a refugee?"

- Amethyst has to get her She-Ra on by collecting allies from other kingdoms.

- I'm hyped for Aquaman vs. Ocean Master, and I think that's the deity from DeConnick's first arc helping Orm? Although you'd think Arthur would have the decency to put a shirt on.

- Can we get more of that Batgirl and Catwoman catfight? But Babs dealing with KGBeast over what he did to Dick sounds pretty interesting.

- Batman lashing out at his team and allies? Been there, done that. I wonder if this will split the Outsiders team.

- Atomic Skull experimented on in a prison again? Except this time, it sounds like it killed him .

- Catwoman vs. sexy maid criminals? Sign me up .

- "this one involves a certain Clown Prince and the heir to Gotham’s vigilante throne…" Joker and Damian? Is this going to tie-in to "Joker War?"

- I knew Thawne was going to come back. Maybe now they'll explain why The Flash is hated in Thawne's time now. Will Paradox be enough to force Flash to team-up with Reverse-Flash?

- I hope Flash makes the Squad look like fools, or at least Harley.

- Hal back on Earth, back in the air force, and back to dealing with Cowgirl. Sounds fun .

- "And will Harley be able to convince Booster Gold that he is not her crime-fighting partner and never will be?" Poor Booster.

- I see the Harley Quinn and BoP comic is already sticking Cass with Harley for added movie synergy.

- I'm kind of into plague doctor Hawkman.

- The Spectre in isolation? Wasn't he still with Jim Corrigan, last I checked?

- Oh hey, Abigail Arcane! Almost thought DC had forgotten her.

- So are we ever going to get the original JLO back to being the main characters in their book, or is it really just a Jessica Cruz book now?

- Metal Animal Men is...the most DC/Metal Men thing ever.

- I can't muster any enthusiams to worry about whatever Joker is going to do to Ric.

- I was wondering if Taylor was ever going to address what happened to Captain Boomerang.

- Damian quitting being Robin? The Titans disbanded? Man, it never ends well for the Titans these days.

- I'm loving those additions to the Terrifics, especially Blue Beetle.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brad View Post
    I'm all over the "DC Goes to War" HC. DC has a rich history in that genre that generally doesn't get much love.
    For the life of me i dont know why we cant have a modern war ongoing book. Garth Ennis would do a great job - it really is his forte

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man27 View Post
    I imagine he wants to wait to use his ideas for the Justice Society in their actual book. Besides, if he had done big things with them in Justice League people would complain about the League being guest-stars in their own book
    Considering Snyder's League had roughly 8,172 members it would be pretty hard to have the Justice Society overshadow them.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I'm guessing Jason Todd for Leviathan
    Are you talking Todd as the one behind Checkmate or Todd being Leviathan? Because Leviathan's identity was already revealed.
    Last Read: Aquaman & The Flash: Voidsong

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Geiger, Green Arrow, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Thundercats, Titans

Spectacular Member MikefromGotham's Avatar

Not a darn thing.....Five months after Doomsday Clock wrapped and the JSA are still nowhere to be found.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    That sounds awful. Snyder brought JSA into JL and did literally nothing with them but have them pose for pinups. Only Bendis would be a worse choice.
    I'm pretty sure editorial told Snyder 'sure show the JSA but you don't get to reallllyyyy use them." That version of the JSA was via Hypertime where the effects of Dr.Manhattan weren't present. A different time stream. Confusing, yea.

This might be the most uninspiring month of solicts I can recall in a long time. Other hand, okay a break from the Perpatua/Dr.Manhattan/Apex Lex/Batman Who Laughs "universe cracking" stuff...but still it feels really devoid of interesting storylines.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by iron chimp View Post
    For the life of me i dont know why we cant have a modern war ongoing book. Garth Ennis would do a great job - it really is his forte
    The closest we got was Men Of War from the New 52. I gave it a shot, but it didn't click with me. And apparently not too many other readers either, since it was part of the first wave of cancellations.

I guess most Americans don't like war comics nowadays. There's a British war comic published by DC Thomson, that's been running since the 1960s - Commando. Now has over 5000 issues (they release four new issues every two weeks, though half are reprints). Apparently it's popular with military veterans. Unfortunately, I don't think they sell it in the US.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by MikefromGotham View Post
    This might be the most uninspiring month of solicts I can recall in a long time. Other hand, okay a break from the Perpatua/Dr.Manhattan/Apex Lex/Batman Who Laughs "universe cracking" stuff...but still it feels really devoid of interesting storylines.
    Yeah I think that’s the problem slightly. I think we can expect to hear something new in the next couple months, especially when Snyder’s run ends, but can’t say anything because his final issue hasn’t come out and they don’t want to spoil hell arisen before it ends and before Snyder’s next event so we are kind of just in this weird area of waiting for what will happen to actually happen.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    - To be honest, I don't really get why Leviathan is a big deal other then the fact that it was created by Brian Michael Bendis and had an event about it. I also wouldn't call Green Arrow or The Question "spymasters." Although maybe that's as loose as Bendis' definition of "detectives."
    The '80s sub-line of Green Arrow and Question and the comics surrounding Janus Directive are probably the closest fits to Bendis' skills.

I read some of Leviathan (I plan to read the rest) and my take so far is:

1. It's probably the best thing Bendis could do at DC, as it actually fits him.
    2. The identity of Leviathan (yes, I cheated and looked at the reveal before reading) is actually a good choice.
    3. There were some grammar issues. In particular Lois Lane, who says at one time "Do I got that right?" instead of either "Do I have that right?" or "Have I got that right?"
    She's a professional journalist and I think bad grammar would be important for her to keep in check so it wouldn't bleed into her work.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

BANNED

Thoughts:

- I'm hyped for Aquaman vs. Ocean Master, and I think that's the deity from DeConnick's first arc helping Orm? Although you'd think Arthur would have the decency to put a shirt
    You should read the Year of the villain Oceanmaster oneshot it would explain the elemental for you

The one in KSD’s arc was a creation God of the oceans. Character wise it would be hard to see her willing to team with Orm.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I guess most Americans don't like war comics nowadays. There's a British war comic published by DC Thomson, that's been running since the 1960s - Commando. Now has over 5000 issues (they release four new issues every two weeks, though half are reprints). Apparently it's popular with military veterans. Unfortunately, I don't think they sell it in the US.
    Its such an odd phenomenon. Plenty of war films, novels, autobiogs and computer games but when it comes to monthly comics... very little. Some great ogns knocking about - all of joe saccos work is exceptional imo but ongoing monthlys really is a dying art

just Red Hood:Outlaw 45 for me

Incredible Member

So are we ever going to get the original JLO back to being the main characters in their book, or is it really just a Jessica Cruz book now?
    On the other hand, I really like where Dan Abnett has managed to gradually take Justice League Odyssey. The less I see of the original "gods" plot, the more I like it. Somehow I held onto it since the beginning, and I think my patience paid off - it's now space adventures of a misfit ensemble, and there's a new interesting character addition, Gamma Knife and her team of comic-relief drones... I guess it's a Guardians of the Galaxy type thing. Quite funny, actually.

I only wish Dex-Starr used his Red Lantern powers for more than just glowing in the dark and floating around. I keep waiting for him to do something heroic, but all he seems to do is hiss and make sarcastic remarks from the sidelines - though that too is funny.

Will Conrad's art is fantastic.