Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Men Event 2020 Topic

Here is where we'll speculate the big X-Men event of 2020 that they mentioned would happen, and report anything that comes up leading to it. Thought this would be useful.

To begin:
    • What do you guys think the event will be about?
    • Do you think it'll be just an X-Over tying all the Dawn of X books together, or will others like the Fantastic Four, Avengers and Spider-Man get roped in?
    • What do you hope to see out of it?

Food for thought.
    Last edited by Hybrid; 01-17-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Best guess is it is either a new Inferno event or possibly like a war between Krakoa and the Children of the Vault. I would very much hope for the latter.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I'm guessing that they mysterious peacock tattoo guy's organization will have finally unleashed a powerful multi-front, super-coordinated offensive assault of some kind (perhaps in lots of arenas, economic, social, physical, etc.) that affects all of the books/teams at the same time.

Inferno 2 (IInferno if they want).

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Inferno 2 (IInferno if they want).
    Inferno 2: Sinister Boogaloo?

BANNED

inferno, but this time maddie returns as the goblin adonyne, so a massive 7 feet tall woman that saves the day and is finally given her due and justice, she towers over havok and its very very very hot

Well there is that whole second island that fused to Krakoa that's got a portal to some hell realm in the middle of it. Might have something to do with that.

I wonder what they'll call it. Inferno 2?

Anyways, do you think this event will rope in the other heroes like Fantastic Four, Avengers, Spider-Man etc.? We all KNOW how much Marvel loves these events. Remember how Absolute Carnage was just going to be a Venom story arc that got made into a big event involving everyone.

BANNED

nah we have enough books inside the x-line for an event, no need to drag the flatscans into it, not after avx ruined the hope summers saga right at its end.
    lore about krakoa concerns only the x-men

With as many titles as we have now (and getting a few more) each title could have 3 parts and it be a 20+ part story/crossover. The last big/good crossover the X-titles have had IMO was 2nd Coming so I'm a bit stoked for a huge crossover event.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Well there is that whole second island that fused to Krakoa that's got a portal to some hell realm in the middle of it. Might have something to do with that.
    That's what I'm thinking and hoping for.

The Summoner in X-Men #2 notified us that, "The enemy has come. And though the walls hold - and for now, your children hold the point - soon Arakko will fall".
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

There's a few major characters they can potentially base an event about

Legion - you know he's coming around at some point and it has to be somewhat important

Mister M - the other missing omega. where does he fit? who knows.

Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch - while not omegas they are important enough to draw interest and maybe a crossover or just the ire of mutants. just make them Magneto's kids and mutants again.

Cardinal - seemed to strongly hit she would crossover between worlds. could be a big deal too.

BANNED

why should the x-men have a crossover event about 2 avengers characthers? that seems morronic to me and its not up to the x-line to decide anything about those 2 eye sores

BANNED

Arakko will be the event.

Fantastic Member

I think it will be Inferno involving them return of Madelyne Pryor and the original horseman of Apocalypse. I think whatever’s going on in Excalibur with Apocalypse and mutant magic is a set up for this event. I’m sure they’ll be an upcoming storyline exploring the reunification of Krakoa with the other island and it’s significance. I’m sure Mr Sinister, Sebastian Shaw and possibly Selene are snooping around eager to expand their power base. It’s just a matter of time before someone from within makes a move.