Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default X-Men Event 2020 Topic

Here is where we'll speculate the big X-Men event of 2020 that they mentioned would happen, and report anything that comes up leading to it. Thought this would be useful.

To begin:
    • What do you guys think the event will be about?
    • Do you think it'll be just an X-Over tying all the Dawn of X books together, or will others like the Fantastic Four, Avengers and Spider-Man get roped in?
    • What do you hope to see out of it?

Food for thought.
    Last edited by Hybrid; 01-17-2020 at 10:47 AM.

Best guess is it is either a new Inferno event or possibly like a war between Krakoa and the Children of the Vault. I would very much hope for the latter.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

I'm guessing that they mysterious peacock tattoo guy's organization will have finally unleashed a powerful multi-front, super-coordinated offensive assault of some kind (perhaps in lots of arenas, economic, social, physical, etc.) that affects all of the books/teams at the same time.

Inferno 2 (IInferno if they want).

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    Inferno 2 (IInferno if they want).
    Inferno 2: Sinister Boogaloo?

BANNED

inferno, but this time maddie returns as the goblin adonyne, so a massive 7 feet tall woman that saves the day and is finally given her due and justice, she towers over havok and its very very very hot

Well there is that whole second island that fused to Krakoa that's got a portal to some hell realm in the middle of it. Might have something to do with that.

I wonder what they'll call it. Inferno 2?

Anyways, do you think this event will rope in the other heroes like Fantastic Four, Avengers, Spider-Man etc.? We all KNOW how much Marvel loves these events. Remember how Absolute Carnage was just going to be a Venom story arc that got made into a big event involving everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Well there is that whole second island that fused to Krakoa that's got a portal to some hell realm in the middle of it. Might have something to do with that.
    That's what I'm thinking and hoping for.

The Summoner in X-Men #2 notified us that, "The enemy has come. And though the walls hold - and for now, your children hold the point - soon Arakko will fall".
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

I think it will be Inferno involving them return of Madelyne Pryor and the original horseman of Apocalypse. I think whatever’s going on in Excalibur with Apocalypse and mutant magic is a set up for this event. I’m sure they’ll be an upcoming storyline exploring the reunification of Krakoa with the other island and it’s significance. I’m sure Mr Sinister, Sebastian Shaw and possibly Selene are snooping around eager to expand their power base. It’s just a matter of time before someone from within makes a move.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Why do so many people think an Inferno sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Why do so many people think an Inferno sequel?
    As others have pointed out, it's really quite obvious. The island they rely on entirely to support their nation just fused with an equally large mate with a damn portal to a demon world in it. And the Summoner's dialogue is ominous as hell. It's been stated that Apocalypse would do damn near anything to get his original horseman back, and he's doing suspicious BS to Otherworld over in Excalibur. Arrako + Apocalypse and his original horseman sounds like prime material for an event all Krakoans cannot ignore.

Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    As others have pointed out, it's really quite obvious. The island they rely on entirely to support their nation just fused with an equally large mate with a damn portal to a demon world in it. And the Summoner's dialogue is ominous as hell. It's been stated that Apocalypse would do damn near anything to get his original horseman back, and he's doing suspicious BS to Otherworld over in Excalibur. Arrako + Apocalypse and his original horseman sounds like prime material for an event all Krakoans cannot ignore.
    But that doesn't sound like an Inferno sequel, to me, in regards to the major players you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Here is where we'll speculate the big X-Men event of 2020 that they mentioned would happen, and report anything that comes up leading to it. Thought this would be useful.

To begin:
    • What do you guys think the event will be about?
    • Do you think it'll be just an X-Over tying all the Dawn of X books together, or will others like the Fantastic Four, Avengers and Spider-Man get roped in?
    • What do you hope to see out of it?

Food for thought.
    I think the event won't involve the Avengers, F4, or other superhero teams yet. I think Marvel will save that for something bigger down the line. Instead, they'll likely opt for something that spins out of recent events in the comics and if I had to wager money on it, I'd say X-Force and X-Men will be the foundation.

X-Force has revealed a threat that can hit the X-Men on Krakoa, kill Charles Xavier, and put even the most hardened X-Men through the ringer. At the same time, we see Xavier, Apocalypse, and Magneto telling world governments that they're a force to be reckoned with. Either cooperate or get out of the way. At some point, someone will choose the latter. And the event will focus on someone, be it a nation or a secretive cabal, going to war with Krakoa and taking that war to Krakoa's shores. It won't just hit mutants. It'll hurt Krakoa directly. They may even try to hijack their resurrection protocols. Given his history, Mr. Sinister might even aid them. It would be billed as a Word War M or the Krakoan War. And even if the X-Men and mutants survive, they'll be seen as a greater threat overall by the world. And that could set the stage for the next Avengers vs. X-Men clash, most likely in time for mutants entering the MCU.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

If they're gonna pit mutants against non-mutants again, I hope the storyline is better than Avengers vs. X-Men. I think we see it coming though. People are already calling this hypothetical event World War X.