Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Astonishing Member TooFlyToFail's Avatar

Why do so many people think an Inferno sequel?

Quote Originally Posted by TooFlyToFail View Post
    Why do so many people think an Inferno sequel?
    As others have pointed out, it's really quite obvious. The island they rely on entirely to support their nation just fused with an equally large mate with a damn portal to a demon world in it. And the Summoner's dialogue is ominous as hell. It's been stated that Apocalypse would do damn near anything to get his original horseman back, and he's doing suspicious BS to Otherworld over in Excalibur. Arrako + Apocalypse and his original horseman sounds like prime material for an event all Krakoans cannot ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    As others have pointed out, it's really quite obvious. The island they rely on entirely to support their nation just fused with an equally large mate with a damn portal to a demon world in it. And the Summoner's dialogue is ominous as hell. It's been stated that Apocalypse would do damn near anything to get his original horseman back, and he's doing suspicious BS to Otherworld over in Excalibur. Arrako + Apocalypse and his original horseman sounds like prime material for an event all Krakoans cannot ignore.
    But that doesn't sound like an Inferno sequel, to me, in regards to the major players you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Here is where we'll speculate the big X-Men event of 2020 that they mentioned would happen, and report anything that comes up leading to it. Thought this would be useful.

To begin:
    • What do you guys think the event will be about?
    • Do you think it'll be just an X-Over tying all the Dawn of X books together, or will others like the Fantastic Four, Avengers and Spider-Man get roped in?
    • What do you hope to see out of it?

Food for thought.
    I think the event won't involve the Avengers, F4, or other superhero teams yet. I think Marvel will save that for something bigger down the line. Instead, they'll likely opt for something that spins out of recent events in the comics and if I had to wager money on it, I'd say X-Force and X-Men will be the foundation.

X-Force has revealed a threat that can hit the X-Men on Krakoa, kill Charles Xavier, and put even the most hardened X-Men through the ringer. At the same time, we see Xavier, Apocalypse, and Magneto telling world governments that they're a force to be reckoned with. Either cooperate or get out of the way. At some point, someone will choose the latter. And the event will focus on someone, be it a nation or a secretive cabal, going to war with Krakoa and taking that war to Krakoa's shores. It won't just hit mutants. It'll hurt Krakoa directly. They may even try to hijack their resurrection protocols. Given his history, Mr. Sinister might even aid them. It would be billed as a Word War M or the Krakoan War. And even if the X-Men and mutants survive, they'll be seen as a greater threat overall by the world. And that could set the stage for the next Avengers vs. X-Men clash, most likely in time for mutants entering the MCU.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

If they're gonna pit mutants against non-mutants again, I hope the storyline is better than Avengers vs. X-Men. I think we see it coming though. People are already calling this hypothetical event World War X.

Infierno Dos: Dia de los Muertos #6 of 6
    Releasing 2 Nov 2020.
    Sinister takes his Jean Grey/Emma Chimera and flees the Arrakoan invasion, pursued by the five Summers Brothers, while the Darkchylde and Selene end the Resurrection Protocols by sacrificing the Five in a candlelit pentagram.

I can think of two possible event a right off my head with all that’s going on, I think one is more likely then other though.

The most likely one in my mind is a Shi’ar event, the future has in HOX/POX has shown they will play an important part in his future story. Not to mention Gladiator is trying to raise Xavier’s own daughter to be the next empress, there is a lot to play there with the idea that Xavier may has plans for her and the empire for the future of the mutant race.

Second, humanity learns that mutant kind has the capacity to bring the dead back to life, because someone was smart enough to put two and two together at points and notice that Xavier was believed to be assassinated then alive and that a bunch of dead mutants are once again amongst the living. With the knowledge that mutants have resurrection from death in their hands it turns into a global mess of humankind wanting what the mutants have.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

BANNED

and maddie has been refrenced too many times now, alongside all the arrako lore it realy seems like the spiritual sucessor to inferno

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I can think of two possible event a right off my head with all that’s going on, I think one is more likely then other though.

The most likely one in my mind is a Shi’ar event, the future has in HOX/POX has shown they will play an important part in his future story. Not to mention Gladiator is trying to raise Xavier’s own daughter to be the next empress, there is a lot to play there with the idea that Xavier may has plans for her and the empire for the future of the mutant race.

Second, humanity learns that mutant kind has the capacity to bring the dead back to life, because someone was smart enough to put two and two together at points and notice that Xavier was believed to be assassinated then alive and that a bunch of dead mutants are once again amongst the living. With the knowledge that mutants have resurrection from death in their hands it turns into a global mess of humankind wanting what the mutants have.
    While I'm voting for an Arakko drama to unfold, these are good too. I've wondered how humanity will react when they learn the mutants keep coming back.

And to TooFlyToFail, as Ferro mentioned Madelyn has come up before in the Sinister Secrets and perhaps maybe elsewhere.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Criticalfan View Post
    Infierno Dos: Dia de los Muertos #6 of 6
    Releasing 2 Nov 2020.
    Sinister takes his Jean Grey/Emma Chimera and flees the Arrakoan invasion, pursued by the five Summers Brothers, while the Darkchylde and Selene end the Resurrection Protocols by sacrificing the Five in a candlelit pentagram.
    Take my money!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Ooo, these are good, but feel like too soon imo. I feel like a more personal conflict should be done first.

- The female scientist from HoX/PoX cracks the code of resurrection or something on that level of threat via that red jewel

- Children of the Vault event

Then your latter event.

Then Inferno II, Legion and Arrako events that cripple their nation and people. Followed by your former event, in which they turn to Shi'ar Empire for the next step.

Finally, a newly formed Illuminati consisting of Black Panther, Maker, Omega Sentinel, Reed, Doom, Namor, Ironman, that Orchis scientist, and a Krakoan traitor wage a clandestine war against Krakoa.

That's just a rough outline of how I'd approach major stories in the coming years.

BANNED

i see a krakoa vs world after arrako is rejoined completly to krakoa and the horseman return to wage war

I really don't need an inferno redux. but I do need Maddie. hmmmmmmm
    my moneys on Arakko to be honest.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ferro View Post
    and maddie has been refrenced too many times now, alongside all the arrako lore it realy seems like the spiritual sucessor to inferno
    Indeed.
    I absolutely LOVE the original Inferno (and don't need a retelling, of sorts). I'm very intrigued to see how HiX-Man and Co. reinterpret it for this new status quo.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

i tell you guys 7 feet tall dark asgardio demonic sorceress anodyne maddie would put all clones in the history of comics out of a job