Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Kinda surprised at all the Kitty hate here considering we're 6 issues in now...anyways preview continues to be good and Duggan continues to show off the versatility of Kate's abilities. I do like how she got to emotional during the fight lost focus and allowed her teammate to get injured.

I think people are just tired of team books masquerading as solo books for the same tired bland ass characters..The best examples are the use of Kitty Pryde and Madrox.. Like I was never into as a kid reading comics but as an adult I really cannot stand when they are in books as they are center and the writers who adore them wont build up the supporting cast. I like team books to be team book where everyone has a voice and can be highlighted.

'Sup Choom? Handsome men don't lose fights's Avatar

X-factor was a direct continuation of a miniseries called "Madrox, the Multiple Man." It wasn't a team book, it was a MM comic with a large cast. That being said, it had some pretty good characterizations going on. It was entertaining all the way until that wolf god stuff.
    "A happy ending? So unlikely. We're not having a moment here.

Wrong city, wrong people, all huddling in fear.

No one escapes the slaughterhouse, and that's just where you're at.

(You could've asked Rebecca but then Adam stomped her flat.)

You think you're special cuz you're scrappy? You're deluded, time to go.

Lucy's living on the moon but you're another dead psycho."

Alright. This book has slightly won me over with the Bobby and Lockheed pic.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    I think people are just tired of team books masquerading as solo books for the same tired bland ass characters..The best examples are the use of Kitty Pryde and Madrox.. Like I was never into as a kid reading comics but as an adult I really cannot stand when they are in books as they are center and the writers who adore them wont build up the supporting cast. I like team books to be team book where everyone has a voice and can be highlighted.
    This is a massive problems on x-men comics.

second time Kitty have to save omega mutant in this book, I hop Bishop and storm will save theirselves

BANNED

I feel like Kitty's use in this series is the most frequently we have seen an X-Man use his or her superpowers in a long time.

I want more power effects in my X-comics.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    X-factor was a direct continuation of a miniseries called "Madrox, the Multiple Man." It wasn't a team book, it was a MM comic with a large cast. That being said, it had some pretty good characterizations going on. It was entertaining all the way until that wolf god stuff.
    Yeah I get that but if they really thought it should have been a solo it should have stayed Madrox.. Jamie does not have enough star power to do that though.. LIke I didnt read X-factor for him.. I read it for Monet, Rictor, and Shatterstar, Polaris and even Siryn, if I am to be honest. Outside of confirming Rictor and Shatty were queer and in love that was the one redeeming quailty of the book for me. However, his use of Monet was suspect (took all her melanin away) and you are right, that wolf god stuff was a mess.

BANNED

I’m getting sick and tired of Bobby getting his butt handed to him.

Quote Originally Posted by stormphoenix View Post
    I’m getting sick and tired of Bobby getting his butt handed to him.
    *not making a joke, not making a joke*
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Make the joke DO EET!
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Hate-Monger, isn't he a Captain America villain usually? I do not remember him fighting against the X-Men before, did he?
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Hate-Monger, isn't he a Captain America villain usually? I do not remember him fighting against the X-Men before, did he?
    He went up against F4, also. I like that the X-Office is using other villains from throughout the Marvel Universe (now that the Mutant Big Bads are no longer all that bad.)

Question is: with a name like Hate Monger, why hasn't he clashed with the X-Men before?
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    He went up against F4, also. I like that the X-Office is using other villains from throughout the Marvel Universe (now that the Mutant Big Bads are no longer all that bad.)

Question is: with a name like Hate Monger, why hasn't he clashed with the X-Men before?
    there were too many other minorities to contend with. he would have been competing with Operation Zero Tolerance, Project Wideawake, the Reavers, the Friends of Humanity, the Purifiers, etc.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    there were too many other minorities to contend with. he would have been competing with Operation Zero Tolerance, Project Wideawake, the Reavers, the Friends of Humanity, the Purifiers, etc.
    Yupp...you are right.
    the X-Men had their own multiple Hate Monger iterations.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Now, I wanna know the joke....

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Kinda surprised at all the Kitty hate here considering we're 6 issues in now...anyways preview continues to be good and Duggan continues to show off the versatility of Kate's abilities. I do like how she got to emotional during the fight lost focus and allowed her teammate to get injured.
    It’s because she’s not recognizable to us. It’s not like she’s a teen changing personality as she gets older. It’s not like she’s at a midlife crisis age. It seems out of nowhere.