Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Are Excalibur and New Mutants solo books for Betsy and Sunspot?
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    What if we broke up all the teams, and every character in each book leads their own squad of one! Everyone's a leader!
    the mic has definitively been dropped

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    Dudes be like "we care about diversity" but X-Force has an entirely white cast and they go "wow Percy LITERALLY invented comics"
    loll someone had to say it. love x-force but its funny how its subjected to the least amount of nitpicking .

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    It's a bit disheartening we have the return of all these male C and D-listers but only Nanny is the big female return.
    FACTS. where's frenzy, skids, the lady masterminds, I could go on and on....

Wait, Forge is white?

nope, I think PrezValentine was just talking about the initially announced cast lol. even if Forge becomes a regular fixture there'll still be more of a case for tokenism against x-force than people seem to be building against marauders - not that x-force isn't a quality book, just the least diverse, make of it what you will

actually come to think of it, Sage isn't white is she? but now im getting into semantics aren't I lol

Mighty Member

Dang! XFORCE has been so good, I didn't even realize main characters are all white.

Cast wise I think it's Hellions that's the worse. Gives me Rosenberg Astonishing/Havok vibes. If Psylocke wasn't being pushed, the only female would've been a machine looking villain.

What is Sage's origin? Even if she's not white, she looks white. So she doesn't count but what is she supposed to be that's not white?

you're right lol psylocke's got double token duty
    looked into it a bit and sage's origins are pretty unknown, all we know is she's from somewhere "war torn" and Xavier found her living in Afghanistan

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post

Cast wise I think it's Hellions that's the worse. Gives me Rosenberg Astonishing/Havok vibes. If Psylocke wasn't being pushed, the only female would've been a machine looking villain.
    Aww it's not Nanny's fault she's in that egg.

The woman now known as the Nanny was once a scientist employed by The Right in the field of cyborg technology. When she learned of the Right's anti-mutant agenda, she tried to stop them. The Right sealed her in one of her cyborg designs, an egg-shaped armored suit; she escaped their custody, but the ordeal unbalanced her to borderline insanity.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by houndsofluv View Post
    you're right lol psylocke's got double token duty
    looked into it a bit and sage's origins are pretty unknown, all we know is she's from somewhere "war torn" and Xavier found her living in Afghanistan
    Ooh, maybe she's middle eastern? She doesn't seem religious which is good too since middle eastern characters always seem to have to be religious.

Aww it's not Nanny's fault she's in that egg.
    Hehe.

Still, it'd be like saying "we plan to introduce a new black mutant family" and then it's Fauna and her family (they're all GREEN).

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    And we know the SHTF moment is coming when Shinobi learns his father lied to him, multiple times. I'm living for the anticipation.
    Yup. He already wants to kill his father but finding out he’d been manipulated by the man he despises, it’s probably gonna be either a bloodbath or a subtle, slowburn that’ll leave Sebastian in his worst position ever.

Dudes be like "we care about diversity" but X-Force has an entirely white cast and they go "wow Percy LITERALLY invented comics"
    SPEAK ON IT-

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Hehe.

Still, it'd be like saying "we plan to introduce a new black mutant family" and then it's Fauna and her family (they're all GREEN).
    I getcha! I'm actually hoping they break her out finally. We've never seen what she looks like, just the back of her head I think.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

And what exactly has the black and gay characters done in this book? If your idea of diversity is the minorities being relegated to the background while the white women get all the focus and spotlight well good for you. Say what you want about X-force but at least that is a true team book where everyone has something to do and looks good doing it. The defense of this book comes off as a little disingenuous because it clear that there is bias in favor of the lead characters. If it were Storm, Iceman or Bishop getting all the focus and spotlight and Kate and Emma were in the background the same defenders of this book would be singing a different tune. It's the same with Hickman's X-men, if instead of being Cyclops centric it focused around Storm, Jean or God forbid Logan as the main character the people who love it (Cyclops fans) would be losing there collective ****. In the end it all comes down to readers faves and biases so of course all the Emma and Kitty fans love Marauders. What's not to love when those two get all the focus.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    And what exactly has the black and gay characters done in this book? If your idea of diversity is the minorities being relegated to the background while the white women get all the focus and spotlight well good for you. Say what you want about X-force but at least that is a true team book where everyone has something to do and looks good doing it. The defense of this book comes off as a little disingenuous because it clear that there is bias in favor of the lead characters. If it were Storm, Iceman or Bishop getting all the focus and spotlight and Kate and Emma were in the background the same defenders of this book would be singing a different tune. It's the same with Hickman's X-men, if instead of being Cyclops centric it focused around Storm, Jean or God forbid Logan as the main character the people who love it (Cyclops fans) would be losing there collective ****. In the end it all comes down to readers faves and biases so of course all the Emma and Kitty fans love Marauders. What's not to love when those two get all the focus.
    Just say it all comes down to your dislike for Emma, Cyclops and now Kitty and spare yourself and all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    There's no need to rename it because it is a team book. Just not in the way that you want it to be and that's perfectly fine but there's no need to invalidate the fact that it is in fact a team book.
    The writer does a fine job of invalidating the team by intent of his writing. I have eyes to read the pages, and good degree of reading comprehension and context. It's right there what Duggan's narrative is saying.

What we're NOT gonna do is take the piss out of a ICON like Nanny because male writers can't include more female characters on their rosters!

Astonishing Member

Kitty needs a pirate hat, and to say yarr more, also sea shanties