Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    Spectacular Member

The battle was great though I am starting to think that having a mutant of ice and one of fire in such close proximity is not a sound strategy. It seems like whenever one lets loose they would weaken the other. Oh well I am sure they will figure out eventually.

The Verdi's strategy of using Yellowjacket as a spy is an interesting one but I am not sure what they are hoping to gain from a financial perspective. The Mauraders don't attend the Hellfire board meetings and all most do when on the island is party from what is shown,

I was a little disappointed with Shaw and his attack strategy though. I always saw him as a strategist who would work from the shadows and not get his own hands dirty. This plan seems far too risky and has a high chance of blowing up in his face. How did he even know that the seeds would negate Katherine's phasing power. It seems to me a big risk since Krakoan technology doesn't seem to recognize Katherine and the seeds are from Krakoa. It seems to me she should be immune from anything originating from Krakoa.

I am confused why everyone on the Island thinks the resurrection protocols wouldn't work on Katherine. Sure she can't use the portals and I could understand if Krakoa played some small part in the resurrection process but that isn't the case. The process which was explained briefly in HOX 5 mentions nothing about needing Krakoa's involvement. All that is needed is the mutants genetic code, his/her psychic imprint and the Five working in unity to bring about resurrection. All of those are available so her resurrection (if needed) is inevitable unless I am missing something.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilisk View Post
    The Verdi's strategy of using Yellowjacket as a spy is an interesting one but I am not sure what they are hoping to gain from a financial perspective.
    If the world learns about the resurrection protocols, the world may not take it well.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The battle was great though I am starting to think that having a mutant of ice and one of fire in such close proximity is not a sound strategy. It seems like whenever one lets loose they would weaken the other. Oh well I am sure they will figure out eventually.

The Verdi's strategy of using Yellowjacket as a spy is an interesting one but I am not sure what they are hoping to gain from a financial perspective. The Mauraders don't attend the Hellfire board meetings and all most do when on the island is party from what is shown,

I was a little disappointed with Shaw and his attack strategy though. I always saw him as a strategist who would work from the shadows and not get his own hands dirty. This plan seems far too risky and has a high chance of blowing up in his face. How did he even know that the seeds would negate Katherine's phasing power. It seems to me a big risk since Krakoan technology doesn't seem to recognize Katherine and the seeds are from Krakoa. It seems to me she should be immune from anything originating from Krakoa.

I am confused why everyone on the Island thinks the resurrection protocols wouldn't work on Katherine. Sure she can't use the portals and I could understand if Krakoa played some small part in the resurrection process but that isn't the case. The process which was explained briefly in HOX 5 mentions nothing about needing Krakoa's involvement. All that is needed is the mutants genetic code, his/her psychic imprint and the Five working in unity to bring about resurrection. All of those are available so her resurrection (if needed) is inevitable unless I am missing something.
    Simple: If Kate is not a mutant, why would there be a psychic imprint of her? Cerebro is apparently only scanning and imprinting mutant minds. If Kate was anything other than human and died? There's no backup to bring her back from. And it would tie in well with Iceman and Storm's fear that Kate may not benefit from the resurrections. And if she was actually human? Whatever Krakoan kills her is in deep solid animal waste excretion.

Oh, and I forgot to post my thoughts on Jbenito's post: The world finding out about mutants making themselves deathless? It would provoke a horrific arms race. Some groups would create weapons whose effect is worse than death, some actors may cut ties with Krakoa over it, other countries might create potentially better resurrection. It's this last one that is an extreme danger to Krakoa. What use is Krakoan medicine to humans that can simply be resurrected? What's the point of 5 extra years of life when you're effectively immortal?

Lastly: Alternate avenues of resurrection mean Mystique will get what she wants if Destiny's revival is stalled for too long. Raven would have no problem working with humans if it meant Destiny was brought back to life.
    Last edited by Metal Sphere; 01-22-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post
    Simple: If Kate is not a mutant, why would there be a psychic imprint of her? Cerebro is apparently only scanning and imprinting mutant minds. If Kate was anything other than human and died? There's no backup to bring her back from. And it would tie in well with Iceman and Storm's fear that Kate may not benefit from the resurrections. And if she was actually human? Whatever Krakoan kills her is in deep solid animal waste excretion.

Oh, and I forgot to post my thoughts on Jbenito's post: The world finding out about mutants making themselves deathless? It would provoke a horrific arms race. Some groups would create weapons whose effect is worse than death, some actors may cut ties with Krakoa over it, other countries might create potentially better resurrection. It's this last one that is an extreme danger to Krakoa. What use is Krakoan medicine to humans that can simply be resurrected? What's the point of 5 extra years of life when you're effectively immortal?

Lastly: Alternate avenues of resurrection mean Mystique will get what she wants if Destiny's revival is stalled for too long. Raven would have no problem working with humans if it meant Destiny was brought back to life.
    Well done. Well, done.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The issue with not having a Cerebra scan of Kitty is... Why didn't she just go to Xavier and ask him to check? Or have him scan for her. She's been around the X-Men for so long and I'm sure Cerebra has been used to locate her at some point during her history (if not, Xavier must have used it to locate her before recruiting her).

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    The issue with not having a Cerebra scan of Kitty is... Why didn't she just go to Xavier and ask him to check? Or have him scan for her.
    pride....................

The Verdi's strategy of using Yellowjacket as a spy is an interesting one but I am not sure what they are hoping to gain from a financial perspective.
    you underestimate the value of Pyro's internet password.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The issue with not having a Cerebra scan of Kitty is... Why didn't she just go to Xavier and ask him to check? Or have him scan for her. She's been around the X-Men for so long and I'm sure Cerebra has been used to locate her at some point during her history (if not, Xavier must have used it to locate her before recruiting her).
    Exactatiously.

I don't see HiX-Man ignoring established canon (though he might re-interpret it) so I'm guessing the whole issue with not accessing just the gateways (not the entire island) has to do with something other than Kate's mutant genes.
    It's clearly not a "coincidence" that Emma and Kate had that heartfelt talk about dying and resurrecting last issue...some judicious foreshadowing on Duggan's part.

or...It's probably no more serious than just Doug messing with her for "old times' sake"...by asking Krakoa to block her every time she tries go trough a gate.

So many questions!!! I'm a little giddy with how unpredictable it is.

Now I absolutely CANNOT WAIT! for the next issue...to see if the mystery will be resolved.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

BANNED

So What ? Cerebro has been used to locate Atlanteans and Broo in the past. And it has been said that it only can locate mutants with activate power no mutants with latent genes. It locate brain patterns and even in real world all test have false positives. Specially if she is some kind of Neo who are very close to mutants.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkling View Post
    So What ? Cerebro has been used to locate Atlanteans and Broo in the past. And it has been said that it only can locate mutants with activate power no mutants with latent genes. It locate brain patterns and even in real world all test have false positives. Specially if she is some kind of Neo who are very close to mutants.
    It still doesn't explain why he wouldn't have her memories scanned or why she wouldn't just go and ask him to back her up.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Sphere View Post

Yeah but Xavier does the backups not Krakoa and The Five are the ones in charge of Ressurection not Krakoa. In fact Krakoa is essentially irrelevant when it comes to the process of Ressurection.

It really just boils down to why wouldn't Xavier have a backup of Kate when she's been a known mutant for years and why wouldn't they bring her back. She's family.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    It really just boils down to why wouldn't Xavier have a backup of Kate when she's been a known mutant for years and why wouldn't they bring her back. She's family.
    she called him a jerk

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Yeah but Xavier does the backups not Krakoa and The Five are the ones in charge of Ressurection not Krakoa. In fact Krakoa is essentially irrelevant when it comes to the process of Ressurection.

Eh, the real question is why Krakoa isn't letting her use the portals like every other mutant? That's the question, and the thing this whole seafaring approach is based on.