Default Taika courted for new movie?

From the article.

Working on Mandalorian put Waititi in the same sphere as Jon Favreau, the seriesĀ’ creator, writer and executive producer and who is now emerged as a key architect of the Star Wars universe moving forward. Favreau is also a key player in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, overseen by Feige.

Here is the link
    https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...-movie-1269996

Let's check in on Rian Johnson. "I'm still talking to Lucasfilm but they haven't announced anything on their slate yet.”

Thanks Rian, keeps us in the loop 'kay? https://variety.com/2020/film/news/r...el-1203464981/
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

I was not that big of a fan for the tone change that he made in Thor: Ragnarok. Not saying I don't like his work, I think a lot of what he has done is good even great. I just don't see his humor playing off in a star wars movie. Then again it may be awesome but, I wouldn't want it to delay an Akira movie that he is said to be working on and he is working on the next Thor movie coming up too.

Truth is I don't even think Disney knows were Star Wars goes from here though I know a number of people that would be really disappointed if they did not continue with the Poe, Finn and Rey.

I admit that I like Knives Out and I think it is in that realm that Johnson should stick to.
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Ronin View Post
    I was not that big of a fan for the tone change that he made in Thor: Ragnarok. Not saying I don't like his work, I think a lot of what he has done is good even great. I just don't see his humor playing off in a star wars movie. Then again it may be awesome but, I wouldn't want it to delay an Akira movie that he is said to be working on and he is working on the next Thor movie coming up too.

Truth is I don't even think Disney knows were Star Wars goes from here though I know a number of people that would be really disappointed if they did not continue with the Poe, Finn and Rey.

I admit that I like Knives Out and I think it is in that realm that Johnson should stick to.
    You really think so? The vibe I'm getting is that everyone is glad that it's over, and the only people that want more are people who are mad that Kylo Ren died.

I'm not really a Taika fan either, just didn't see anyone mention it here. As for Akira, I just don't see any live action attempt at that property succeeding. I liked the first half of Knives Out the second half bored me.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    You really think so? The vibe I'm getting is that everyone is glad that it's over, and the only people that want more are people who are mad that Kylo Ren died.
    I think it depends on the "type" of fan, there are a lot that what to know what happens to them after with out the Skywalker story line. I think the questions is can they stand up on their own with out the Skywalker story line?
    Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting

Maybe some lighter fare spin-off, perhaps like SOLO?
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

I think it depends on the "type" of fan, there are a lot that what to know what happens to them after with out the Skywalker story line. I think the questions is can they stand up on their own with out the Skywalker story line?
    I'm...going to say no.

Hey, if its a movie about the adventures of an IG droid I'm in!!! Heck, just make a movie where all the main characters are droids. Maybe throw in some Bossk, too

There were rumors about a Boba Fett spin-off, but those either fell through or were simply early ideas for the Mandalorian.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Yeah, I'll be one.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Well I liked his work on the mandalorian. Not sure if it would work for a full length movie though. Movies and serialized television aren't exactly the same ballpark.

Taika is good choice, Mandolorian proves his style of comedy works in Star Wars. And it is going work even better in general when they aren't bunch of who are unwilling to see the source material interpreted in a different way aka no small group of fanboys who are mad that Thor isn't always a serious bad ass.

I pretty much saw this coming the Mandalorian is a great training ground to get directors use to working in the Star Wars world. If the tone of Thor Ragnarok had you worried he directed the Mandalorian and both Mando and Cara Dune didn't turn into comedy foils cracking one liners.

Did Taikia only work on the episodes with IG-11?