Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Let's Talk About X, Baby.

Can we have a thread where we talk about all the new X-books as a whole? Does that exist already? Also, has anyone else ever used this title for a thread?

I'm reading all of them, and am really enjoying X-Men, Marauders & New Mutants, so far. X-Force is also pretty good, but is playing fast and loose with the Kill No Humans rule (did they really expect that to hold?) Excalibur is a slog, imho. And I can barely get through Fallen Angels. If some of my favorite characters weren't in those two books, I'd probably drop them.

Is this how others are feeling? I'm really upset that Rogue and Gambit are only featured in Excalibur. It's a waste of great potential stories. Mr and Mrs X was so fun, and now they're just wasted in this odd book.

I feel like, love him or hate him, Hickman created this daring, dense new paradigm for the X-Men, and some of the other writers are just like, "EF you Hickman, I'm just going to write the story I want to write" and they're ignoring Hickman's brave new world.

It's like they're not even in the same universe...

I was really hoping for a more coordinated effort from the X-writers and X-Editors.

Well I think that's an unpopular sentiment here. I mean, not that you dislike some books, most have one or two that they don't like and Excalibur/Fallen Angels are the most (un)popular choices, but it's essentially agreed upon that they're more connected than ever and not ignoring Hickman's foundation at all.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by stwaz View Post
    Can we have a thread where we talk about all the new X-books as a whole? Does that exist already? Also, has anyone else ever used this title for a thread?

I'm reading all of them, and am really enjoying X-Men, Marauders & New Mutants, so far. X-Force is also pretty good, but is playing fast and loose with the Kill No Humans rule (did they really expect that to hold?) Excalibur is a slog, imho. And I can barely get through Fallen Angels. If some of my favorite characters weren't in those two books, I'd probably drop them.

Is this how others are feeling? I'm really upset that Rogue and Gambit are only featured in Excalibur. It's a waste of great potential stories. Mr and Mrs X was so fun, and now they're just wasted in this odd book.

I feel like, love him or hate him, Hickman created this daring, dense new paradigm for the X-Men, and some of the other writers are just like, "EF you Hickman, I'm just going to write the story I want to write" and they're ignoring Hickman's brave new world.

It's like they're not even in the same universe...

I was really hoping for a more coordinated effort from the X-writers and X-Editors.
    Who are? This is probably the most interconnective the xbooks have been in a long time and they're constantly referencing each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well I think that's an unpopular sentiment here. I mean, not that you dislike some books, most have one or two that they don't like and Excalibur/Fallen Angels are the most (un)popular choices, but it's essentially agreed upon that they're more connected than ever and not ignoring Hickman's foundation at all.
    I should really go back and read both of those series from the beginning. It's hard when you're reading monthly, to get the flow sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Who are? This is probably the most interconnective the xbooks have been in a long time and they're constantly referencing each other.
    Don't Fallen Angels and Excalibur feel like outliers tho?

I should really go back and read both of those series from the beginning. It's hard when you're reading monthly, to get the flow sometimes.
    Many of the writers on the other books have talked about in interviews how they're in touch with Hickman regularly. They of course have their own ideas but I see the different stories as long strings, going far and wide but still connected to Krakoa.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Is anyone loving Excalibur or Fallen Angels??

I haven't read the latest issues but I like them well enough. They're not my current least-favorite books.

Astonishing Member

Don't Fallen Angels and Excalibur feel like outliers tho?
    Well FA was meant to be a book focusing on those not feeling like that fit in with Krakoa which might explain why it's an outlier while Excalibur's main focus is the emergence of mutant magic thanks to Krakoa. Its execution leaves a lot to be desired

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Well FA was meant to be a book focusing on those not feeling like that fit in with Krakoa which might explain why it's an outlier while Excalibur's main focus is the emergence of mutant magic thanks to Krakoa. Its execution leaves a lot to be desired
    Very true... both of your points.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I haven't read the latest issues but I like them well enough. They're not my current least-favorite books.
    What is your least favorite X-book?

I'm loving Excalibur despite some hiccups here and there. It's my favorite cast, I love the art, and I actually like that a chunk of the story is set outside of Krakoa so we get to see a different side of things. It's a reminder that the mutants are still heroes in the outside world. But I also find it very well connected with such a focus on the Krakoan gates. I'm enjoying it greatly!

I guess I was on a real high after House of X and Powers of X and some of the books are not living up to the promise of those two series. Maybe I'm asking too much. Maybe I should have expected it. I'm just a little bummed.

It looks like Fallen Angels is ending already. Just read that. So, that's good.

I guess I was on a real high after House of X and Powers of X and some of the books are not living up to the promise of those two series. Maybe I'm asking too much. Maybe I should have expected it. I'm just a little bummed.
    Hang in there. Hickman plays the long, long game and I think the revealed covers for upcoming issues of X-Men are beautiful and intriguing. X-Men #5 alone is something I cannot wait for!