Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman April 2020 solicitations

ACTION COMICS #1022
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by JOHN ROMITA JR. and KLAUS JANSON
    variant cover by LUCIO PARRILLO
    First, Metropolis was hit with the biggest ground battle in the history of the city and barely survived. On top of that, Leviathan threw down his gauntlet for the entire world to see, and Superman revealed the truth of his identity as Clark Kent. Now the city is in a state of shock—and Clark and Conner Kent need to figure out what’s next for them and the city they protect! Guest-starring Wonder Comics’ Young Justice in a unique crossover!
    ON SALE 04.22.20

BATMAN/SUPERMAN #9
    written by JOSHUA WILLIAMSON
    art and cover by CLAYTON HENRY
    variant cover by MIKE MAYHEW
    “Atomic” part one! The Atomic Skull is dead. When Batman and Superman arrive on the scene of his explosive demise, they discover that this villain-turned-would-be hero was one of many people to be the subject of grisly—and sometimes fatal—experiments. But who is pulling the strings of these bizarre and unnecessary surgeries? Whom will they experiment on next? And what does one of Superman’s oldest foes, the Ultra-Humanite, have to do with this deadly mystery?
    ON SALE 04.22.20

JUSTICE LEAGUE #44
    written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    art by XERMANICO
    cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    variant cover by TBD
    Cold war kickoff! After receiving a distress signal from Aquaman, the Justice League travels to Antarctica, where they discover an ancient prison at the bottom of the legendary pit of Tartarus. But who picked the locks within? Freed from their shackles, creatures of myth and horror emerge to battle the team, while the League must confront their own personal demons. What exactly lies at the base of this well, and what will be left of the Justice League when they discover its secret?
    ON SALE 04.01.20
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #45
    written by ROBERT VENDITTI
    art by EDDY BARROWS
    cover by FRANCIS MANAPUL
    variant cover by DAN MORA
    The Spirit of Vengeance goes global! After spending untold time in isolation, the Spectre is back, and his thirst for retribution will ripple across the Earth! As old wounds are reopened under the Spectre’s unstoppable influence, it’s up to the Justice League to stop the conflict. But how can they act on a global stage when they must first contend with their own resentments?
    ON SALE 04.15.20

EVENT LEVIATHAN: CHECKMATE #1
    art and cover by ALEX MALEEV
    variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
    From the award-winning creative team behind last year’s Event Leviathan comes the next surprising chapter in DC Comics’ deadliest saga.
    Leviathan has agents and acolytes all over the world—but what is the secret behind its power? The planet’s last, best hope to infiltrate Leviathan may be this motley collection of spymasters, now teamed up to try to take back the world that was stolen from under us all! Green Arrow, the Question, Talia al Ghul and other unlikely allies converge to tackle Leviathan as members of the new Checkmate—but who is the surprise hero behind this team? Big clues to the future of the DC Universe start here!
    ON SALE 04.22.20

LEGION OF SUPERHEROES #6
    art and cover by RYAN SOOK
    card stock variant cover by ALEX GARNER
    Meet the latest crop of Legionnaires: Gold Lantern! Monster Boy! Doctor Fate! Each a new face in the DC Universe, each with dark secrets, and each with a reason to be part of the Legion’s goal to bring the values of the Age of Heroes to the 31st century. And one of them has a surprising connection to Jon Kent, a.k.a. Superboy. All of this and the tensions between the United Planets and the Legion of Super-Heroes have gone public! The future of the DC Universe continues to unfold!
    ON SALE 04.01.20
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

LOIS LANE #10
    written by GREG RUCKA
    art and cover by MIKE PERKINS
    variant cover by TULA LOTAY
    Armed with new information about the assassin stalking her, Lois goes on the offensive, while Renee struggles with wielding what may be the most powerful weapon of them all: the truth.
    ON SALE 04.01.20

SUPERGIRL #41
    written by JODY HOUSER
    art by RACHAEL STOTT
    cover by CARMINE DI GIANDOMENICO
    card stock variant cover by DERRICK CHEW
    Free of the infection and reeling after the events of Year of the Villain: Hell Arisen, Supergirl crash-lands in an area being devastated by a catastrophic storm. Suffering from a series of hallucinations and memories of her past, Kara struggles to keep her mind clear enough to save the people she swore to her cousin she’d protect. She’s got a lot to prove after endangering Smallville and all its inhabitants. Will she be able to save everyone including herself? Or is this the end for our hero?
    ON SALE 04.22.20

SUPERMAN #22
    art and cover by IVAN REIS and JOE PRADO
    variant cover by BRYAN HITCH
    The battle for the United Planets hits a fever pitch as the galactic conqueror Mongul beats some of the rulers of the galaxy to death and then heads for Earth! The only thing standing in his way? Superman! Meanwhile, back on Earth, the truth that Clark Kent is Superman continues to spiral out all over the world, and now the Daily Planet’s competition is gunning for his wife, Lois Lane!
    ON SALE 04.08.20

SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN #10
    written by MATT FRACTION
    art and cover by STEVE LIEBER
    variant cover by BEN OLIVER
    Jimmy continues his world tour, risking his life for more of your sweet retweets, likes, and faves! Plus, the mastermind behind Jimmy’s assassination is revealed… and the insidious secret he’s willing to kill for will upend everything everywhere forever, assuming by “everything” you mean “everything in the pages of just this comic.” Also...you’ve heard of Arm-Fall-Off-Boy? Get ready to meet the entire Fall-Off-Family. What connection do they have to all this nonsense? Probably not much, but hey, you never know.
    ON SALE 04.15.20

YOUNG JUSTICE #15
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS and DAVID F. WALKER
    art and cover by JOHN TIMMS
    variant cover by BEN CALDWELL
    Young Justice versus S.T.A.R. Labs! What happens when a universe reboots right under you? Conner is about to find out! The entire Young Justice team confronts the evil genius behind S.T.A.R. Labs and the truth about Conner Kent. This will bring Conner to the doorstep of his namesake, Clark Kent, to find out more about himself and the DC Universe. Guest-starring Superman in a unique crossover with Action Comics.
    ON SALE 04.01.20

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I want that Lois cover! That's beautiful!
    Assassinate Putin!

Sounds like the awaited reconnecting of Superman and Superboy will include pieces of the new timeline being explained. If WW #750 is going to start the process this seems like a likely place to continue the trend considering the plot.

I wonder what chance there might be of the "evil genius" at S.T.A.R. Labs ending up being Paul Westfield? With the timeline having changed maybe they re-institute Conner's original origin?
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-17-2020 at 02:30 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Sounds like the awaited reconnecting of Superman and Superboy will include pieces of the new timeline being explained.
    I'm very interested in how that will play out and what the story will be. I admit I'm fond of the earlier Superboy who was less connected
    (genetically and emotionally) to Clark and to the Kents and whom Superman showed up occasionally to to give pep talks but didn't really have an ongoing relationship with. But either way, I'm interested in the story. Haven't been reading because I don't care for Bendis' Superman (or editorial's grown-up Jon decision), so I don't even know what's what anymore and now they are back alive again, so what's Kon's deal with them, you know?

I wonder what chance there might be of the "evil genius" at S.T.A.R. Labs ending up being Paul Westfield?
    That could be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    With the timeline having changed maybe they re-institute Conner's original origin?
    I remember Conner confirming that he's half Superman and half Lex Luthor when introducing himself to Kingdom Come Superman in Young Justice.

Ahh, well I'd say that puts the chances down a tad, but then again, I'd question the reliability of even recently referenced memories at this stage. We know these timeline changes are going to be pretty big and in many cases be drastically altering canon and the past in a way many characters aren't even recalling at the moment. Its not entirely off the table that Conner's remembering something that's no longer "real", and also a potential side effect of him being elsewhere when the timeline changes occurred. Likewise its possible they keep the genetic donors the same but still alter the ultimate origin in other ways. I'm curious as to what things will end up like regardless.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-17-2020 at 02:43 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    I remember Conner confirming that he's half Superman and half Lex Luthor when introducing himself to Kingdom Come Superman in Young Justice.
    Sad for me, since I like original origin. I think the Kryptonian-Luthor setup will stick because it's popular, even though I don't like it. But the hopeful part of me says DC cares so little consistency, it could still happen. But not really, since he's just being handled by the one writer, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    But not really, since he's just being handled by the one writer, right?
    Yeah, it's only Bendis (and now co writer David Walker) writing Conner so far.

But, there's a possible chance that Conner'll a mini like Jinny Hex is. Early on, Bendis said that he's hoping to roll out some minis for the individual members, and that other creators would be working on them. Then about a year ago he went on to twitter to personally thanked Magdalene Visaggio for giving him some really great notes on Conner Kent. And she's said more than once that Conner is one of her favorite characters. She's also already done work at DC like the Eternity Girl back ups in the Young Animal books, the proper Eternity Girl book, a Superman story in the 2018 Halloween special, and a Wonder Woman story in the 2018 New Talent Showcase.

If anyone's getting a Conner Kent spin off mini or something, it's likely Visaggio.

Then about a year ago he went on to twitter to personally thanked Magdalene Visaggio for giving him some really great notes on Conner Kent. And she's said more than once that Conner is one of her favorite characters
    Ah, but did she like him before or after? I didn't read, so don't know, but a lot of people only like one version or the other, not both. Like, for me, he's Kon, not Conner. I like a particular version/era. Very common way for me to feel about comic characters, as at times it seems like they become almost wholly different characters depending on who is writing them. Even more so for Superboy, who didn't just get a change in attitude or looks, but in backstory, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzigone View Post
    Ah, but did she like him before or after?
    I mean, I can't possible know that, but if it's any indication of anything, when she was listing the books that she'd kill to write she listed him as "Superboy (Conner Kent)" rather than Kon-El or anything like that. That said, she also tweeted out a cover from his original book. Maybe she started as a fan of the original book and still remained into the character with the Johns retcon? Maybe she discovered him with the Johns retcon and fell in love with the original stuff? Can't say.

But I figure since she's a writer who's passionate enough about the character, and her interpretation of the character seems to come with a level of insight that's impressed and influenced Bendis' view on him, she'd likely try an make any version of the character work.

Well, I'm still down for all the books I've been reading. Super line just keeps on keeping on, and I gotta say that doesn't bother me.

That Legion cover! I gotta say, when I saw it I had a horrible high school "You get you some bro!" moment.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Astonishing Member

I hope nothing comes off that Legion cover. It may not, judging by its playfulness but regardless, it's still too soon for Jon to be romantically linked to anyone. I want to get to know this new Jon first, LONG before shipping him with anyone seriously.