Mighty Member

Default Hot Stuff, The Little Devil

Wasn't there talk of a Hot Stuff movie at one time?

I love the 'lil dude, so I do Hope a movie is made, as long as they keep it as Hot Stuff, The GOOD Little Devil.

Well, the Harvey Comics properties have bounced around from owner to owner over the last couple of decades, so that might have kept derailing things.

I believe the Harvey properties are now owned by NBC Universal because they bought Dreamworks Animation, the previous owner.

I wouldn't mind seeing a CGI-animated Harvey Cinematic Universe: Richie Rich, Casper, Hot Stuff. Stumbo, Wendy, the Harvey Girls, Spooky, etc. etc.

But I don't want any more live action stuff or live+CGI. The 90s OVAs were pretty lackluster.

Get some really creative people behind it and give us a fully-realized animated Enchanted Forest / Richville universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Comic-Reader Lad View Post
    But I don't want any more live action stuff or live+CGI. The 90s OVAs were pretty lackluster.
    The OVA, made for tv, direct to video stuff was crap, but that first Casper live + CGI theatrical movie was good. Like really really good.

I also have a soft spot for that first Richie Rich film.

So it isn't so much that live action is bad for these properties, just that anything less than a theatrical film tends to suck.

They did a live action hot stuff movie. It's called little nicky.

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheday View Post
    Wasn't there talk of a Hot Stuff movie at one time?
    The Casper movie worked wonderfully but, in the current atmosphere of Sabrina and the Archies, I wouldn't hold much hope. Then again, I'd love to see a Casper/ Wendy/ Hotstuff theatrical movie for children.
    Power with Girl is better.

a cartoon show on a streaming network might work. Just make it fun and lighthearted.