Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

They should have really named it this since they own the cable networks now ...

"20th Century F/X"

Put a little slash there to keep the traditional name in a way but people can still pronounce it 20th Century Fox .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Well all the people who were upset About losing searchlight can be happy
    Not going anywhere and hopefuly Disney stays hands off.

The trailer for the fox movie Free Guy also makes me think Disney isnt as uptight as people make then out to be. They let Free Guy open with From the studio that brought you... and then names all the Live action Disney remakes. Curious to see how far they let Deadpool 3 go. And since it's being made at Marvel Studios if they will brand it a such or because its R make it a "Associated with Marvel" and put it under Foxs brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post

The trailer for the fox movie Free Guy also makes me think Disney isnt as uptight as people make then out to be. They let Free Guy open with From the studio that brought you... and then names all the Live action Disney remakes. Curious to see how far they let Deadpool 3 go. And since it's being made at Marvel Studios if they will brand it a such or because its R make it a "Associated with Marvel" and put it under Foxs brand.
    Disney released H20, Hellraiser films, and Final Destinion films under Dimension when they owned it. It really is a myth this fear they "Disneyfy" everything they own.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Disney released H20, Hellraiser films, and Final Destinion films under Dimension when they owned it. It really is a myth this fear they "Disneyfy" everything they own.
    Yea but despite Feige saying he was never told he couldnt make an R rated film we dont know if Disney will allow that or release Deadpool under 21st century instead.m. But the fact they let Free Guy acknowledge fox is a Disney owned company says slot. Deadpool 3 will probaly be full of Disney Jokes.

Yeah, loved that joke. Looks like the movie might be a bit edgier then the usual Disney fare, without the Mouse scaling that back before release. While the fact that they're associating their name with it leads me to believe that it won't be worse then a PG-13 movie, we do see that the violence includes characters with laser gun holes in their bodies and that "glock in your pocket" joke is def. something not very family friendly. On the other hand, Pirates of the Caribbean has already shown that Disney can do non-family stuff under their own name.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, loved that joke. Looks like the movie might be a bit edgier then the usual Disney fare, without the Mouse scaling that back before release. While the fact that they're associating their name with it leads me to believe that it won't be worse then a PG-13 movie, we do see that the violence includes characters with laser gun holes in their bodies and that "glock in your pocket" joke is def. something not very family friendly. On the other hand, Pirates of the Caribbean has already shown that Disney can do non-family stuff under their own name.
    Free Guy is rated R. And it's a 21st century studio film. But the opening credits acknowledge that they are owned by Disney. But yea it's a "Fox" movie

Free Guy is rated R. And it's a 21st century studio film. But the opening credits acknowledge that they are owned by Disney. But yea it's a "Fox" movie
    Has that been verified? (Can't seem to find much of anything on my search engine, except an interview suggesting that the director was shooting for PG-13). If it is R, really weird that Disney would be okay with tying their family-friendly brand to the project.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Has that been verified? (Can't seem to find much of anything on my search engine, except an interview suggesting that the director was shooting for PG-13). If it is R, really weird that Disney would be okay with tying their family-friendly brand to the project.
    Nope your right its not rated yet. If you google Frer Guy rating it says R and then right below saw it's not rated but could receive an R rating weird.

Also saw articles saying Disney may be using this movie to test if a Pg 13 deadpool could work. Which is weird since the writers have swore up and down that it will rated R.

Nope your right its not rated yet. If you google Frer Guy rating it says R and then right below saw it's not rated but could receive an R rating weird.
    Don't blame you. After posting, I tried again on another search engine and the first thing that came up was a message with a "R" by the title. Sure looked like that was what it was, but since there's nothing else to confirm that and we have the interviews saying the filmmakers wanted PG-13 (although it sounded like they wanted to push the envelope, so maybe they will go into R that way?), so I wonder if that find was a mistake or something.

Also saw articles saying Disney may be using this movie to test if a Pg 13 deadpool could work. Which is weird since the writers have swore up and down that it will rated R.
    Remember the same speculation about the PG-13 cut of Deadpool 2. A few guesses; either they want to keep their options open (PG-13 tends to be a safer option then R) or while they want R-rated Deadpool for solo stuff, they want to be able to convert him to PG-13 for crossover stuff without compromising the character, or they changed their minds since the original interviews.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by jetengine View Post
    Yeah following a basic branding idea is so pathetic
    Personally, I don't care about branding. Most people don't know the difference between Marvel Studios and when people see "In Association with Marvel". Most people don't know the difference between DC and Marvel. Most people I talk to don't know the difference between studios like Warner Brothers, Universal, Paramount or Disney.

Unless there were potential lawsuits if Disney proceeds with the 20th Century Fox name, I see the move as very shortsighted. I recently watched a SJU video on YouTube where Dan Murrell covers the reason why it was called 20th Century Fox and it is sad what little integrity Disney has left.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    As others have said, they virtually had to rename the studio as News Corp still owns Fox-branded entities. Just be happy Disney didn't completely internalize the organization and discontinue it altogether.

Probably too much to hope they'll return the 20th Century fanfare to the Star Wars films. I remember how jarring I found the opening score of The Force Awakens; the studio fanfare had always seemed like an overture to Star Wars films and the Williams score bursting out of a dead silence actually startled me.
    Remember when Disney used to make original movies? Can you remember when movies like The Sixth Sense or Face/Off was movies produced by Disney owned Buenas Vista? I have absolutely no stakes in how they make movies, but I can see a studio that is all about chasing dollars and the days of them producing movies that weren't Star Wars, "live action" remakes or MCU stuff are long gone.
    Find me on Instagram and Twitter - @arfguy
    https://whoaskd.com/

Ceiling Belkar stabs you GozertheGozarian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    Personally, I don't care about branding. Most people don't know the difference between Marvel Studios and when people see "In Association with Marvel". Most people don't know the difference between DC and Marvel. Most people I talk to don't know the difference between studios like Warner Brothers, Universal, Paramount or Disney.

Unless there were potential lawsuits if Disney proceeds with the 20th Century Fox name, I see the move as very shortsighted. I recently watched a SJU video on YouTube where Dan Murrell covers the reason why it was called 20th Century Fox and it is sad what little integrity Disney has left.

Remember when Disney used to make original movies? Can you remember when movies like The Sixth Sense or Face/Off was movies produced by Disney owned Buenas Vista? I have absolutely no stakes in how they make movies, but I can see a studio that is all about chasing dollars and the days of them producing movies that weren't Star Wars, "live action" remakes or MCU stuff are long gone.
    Since Fox still exists, yes this would be a legal issue.
    "I rhyme with tyre - And cause pollution - I think you'll find - It's the best solution: What Am I?"

"And that's the essential problem with 'Planetary' right there. When Elijah Snow says, 'The world is a strange place'... he gets Dracula, Doc Savage and Godzilla... When we say it, we get The Captain Fire-Cock Rock 'n' Roll Spectacular."
    ~ Pól Rua

BANNED

So, why does anyone care?

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    So, why does anyone care?
    Because the studio is a part of American History. Also people are glad Disneys keeping 21st and Searchlight open. Just changing the name instead of obsorbing them outright. Means more variety in the movies we will get. To state the obvious, if you dont care. Then why take the time to read the thread and post that?

BANNED

Because the studio is a part of American History. Also people are glad Disneys keeping 21st and Searchlight open. Just changing the name instead of obsorbing them outright. Means more variety in the movies we will get. To state the obvious, if you dont care. Then why take the time to read the thread and post that?
    I have the same right as you to post in any thread. But I don’t see why anyone cares about a name. Fox don’t own the studio anymore, no reason to keep that word in its name. It’s just going back to it’s original name before Fox merged with 20th Century.
    Last edited by luprki; 01-31-2020 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I have the same right as you to post in any thread. But I don’t see why anyone cares about a name. Fox don’t own the studio anymore, no reason to keep that word in its name. It’s just going back to it’s original name before Fox merged with 20th Century.
    Nostalgia.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)