Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by luprki View Post
    I have the same right as you to post in any thread. But I don’t see why anyone cares about a name. Fox don’t own the studio anymore, no reason to keep that word in its name. It’s just going back to it’s original name before Fox merged with 20th Century.
    It gave a few people fuel to hate on Disney some more.

I have the same right as you to post in any thread. But I don’t see why anyone cares about a name. Fox don’t own the studio anymore, no reason to keep that word in its name. It’s just going back to it’s original name before Fox merged with 20th Century.
    No one said you didnt have the right but I have the right to ask why take that time if you dont care. The Who cares post in a thread seems like a waste of your time and trivialization of other peoples interests. I couldnt care less about wrestling or Anime. Never felt the need to post that in threads on either subject.Anyway it's also good news that the Studios arent being absorbed. Mean a wider variety of films for the audience. Deadpool writers already came out and said again that Deadpool will be released under the 20th century banner. We also know from Ryan Reynolds they are working on the movie at Marvel Studios. Which means there is a potential for certain properties to be made by Marvel Studios but released under the 20th century Banner. If they allow those movies to be part of the MCU and crossover in PG13 versions later... well we have to wait and see. But anyway the intrest isnt simply about dropping Fox off the name.

Yea but despite Feige saying he was never told he couldnt make an R rated film we dont know if Disney will allow that or release Deadpool under 21st century instead.m. But the fact they let Free Guy acknowledge fox is a Disney owned company says slot. Deadpool 3 will probaly be full of Disney Jokes.
    Disney has released tons of R rated films. It's no R under the Disney name. Only up to pg-13 under the Disney name. Other studios Disney owns they don't care. Star wars and marvel studios who knows about them. My guess is star wars will never be past a pg-13.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 02-01-2020 at 08:29 AM.

Retired

Who owns BATMAN, the 1966 movie and TV show? Is it Disney now?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    It gave a few people fuel to hate on Disney some more.
    I don’t see how anyone can hate on Disney for this. Fox sold the the studio to Disney. Disney owns the studio, they can name it whatever they want.

I don’t see how anyone can hate on Disney for this. Fox sold the the studio to Disney. Disney owns the studio, they can name it whatever they want.
    I don’t understand a lot of things a lot of people do.

Shame, very old company and name.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Disney has released tons of R rated films. It's no R under the Disney name. Only up to pg-13 under the Disney name. Other studios Disney owns they don't care. Star wars and marvel studios who knows about them. My guess is star wars will never be past a pg-13.
    Marvel probaly not either. But they can release R rated CBMs under fox now. Also they are bringing touchstone back this year I think I read somewhere.

Retired

I always thought it was funny that 20th Century Fox stayed with that name when we entered the 21st century. It makes them sound old fashioned. I thought they'd either become 21st Century Fox or just drop the Century completely and become simply Fox. So it's weird that it's the Fox they're going to drop and now it will be 20th Century. I could see this as a brand for a catalogue of old movies in their vault, but it hardly seems like the best shingle to hang on new movies.

You think there's any logic behind the hate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    I always thought it was funny that 20th Century Fox stayed with that name when we entered the 21st century. It makes them sound old fashioned. I thought they'd either become 21st Century Fox or just drop the Century completely and become simply Fox. So it's weird that it's the Fox they're going to drop and now it will be 20th Century. I could see this as a brand for a catalogue of old movies in their vault, but it hardly seems like the best shingle to hang on new movies.
    They tried making it "21 century"; it didn't stick. Besides, I think the old name has more recognition, which is always a good thing in branding.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    You think there's any logic behind the hate?

They tried making it "21 century"; it didn't stick. Besides, I think the old name has more recognition, which is always a good thing in branding.
    There is no logic for the hate. There are many reasons to hate Disney, but this name change isn’t one of them.

There is no logic for the hate. There are many reasons to hate Disney, but this name change isn’t one of them.
    If you say so.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

They kept the logo looks the same! Many fans were hoping that's what they would do. Other then removing fox it's still looks the same.

[IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    They kept the logo looks the same! Many fans were hoping that's what they would do. Other then removing fox it's still looks the same.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Disney removed Fox name to distance itself away from Fox news.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelgirl View Post
    Disney removed Fox name to distance itself away from Fox news.
    Probably it was just a branding thing (given that Fox does exist outside of the assets they sold Disney), but I would blame anyone for wanting to not be associated with Fox and Friends.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)