Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

They should make a Morlock title. Not necesarilly about the old Morlocks, they could make it about the people who do not feel at home on Krakoa or the eventual "minorities" that might form inside the Krakoan society.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    They should make a Morlock title. Not necesarilly about the old Morlocks, they could make it about the people who do not feel at home on Krakoa or the eventual "minorities" that might form inside the Krakoan society.
    I think that'd be interesting. Perhaps a movement demanding that someone that looks like an animal (Shark-Girl, Mammomax, etc) be on the Quiet Council to represent those mutants that are mistaken for livestock.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    With all these new books coming out and a much larger number of characters now being featured and written well, where are the Morlocks?

You'd think they'd be perfect for this era of the "minority" finally wining. A lot of people say that they don't like how there don't seem to be mutants against Krakoa, but I think Morlocks would be perfect.

For example, look at gay rights, it's been great for wealthy and pretty people but lots of the smaller groups got screwed, and are still not part of this "new and fair" world. I'd think the Morlocks would be great for that. The ones enjoying Krakoan freedoms seem to be the popular pretty ones. They could have the Morlocks stay back on earth after they feel they still get shunned in Krakoa for being "uncool" and "unattractive", and that a lot of this new mutant pride is bs if not everyone is welcomed. All I know is that I haven't seen any Morlocks in any of these damn orgies the mutants keep having!

I think the lack of Morlocks has been a HUGE mister from Hickman, and I bring it up now cause there are so many new books and yet no mention of them?

It seems Callisto is in an upcoming issue of MARAUDERS but is that confirmed? She's also wearing white, which might indicate to her being aligned with Emma? I love Emma, but Callisto should at least be secretly plotting against her if they're involved and I think Duggan may write her badly if she's here.

Any other Morlocks that have been spotted in other books?
    The whole point of the Morlocks is rendered moot by Krakoa. There's nothing suggesting your claim that Krakoa is still that "stratified" in terms of "Lookism" etc. Maybe it is but... I don't think we have confirmation that it is at least not now. Mondo seems to be treated pretty well, there is a body horror version of Domino running around right now. Plus Quire. Ok that was a joke. But yeah, Eyeboy, Glob etc are all in good standing idk what to say

Maybe that will get explored when Callisto enters Marauders.
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

BANNED

I think the position of the Morlocks in the new status quo is certainly an interesting one. Among mutants of all shapes, sizes and colors, the Morlocks need no longer be the minority. But are they comfortable? Are they civilized/socialized enough to be among the Krakoan populace? Would they rather live below ground, akin to their home in the sewers of NYC? And for those that are returned via the resurrection protocols, are they able to forgive and forget the transgressions of the OG Marauders and their subsequent slaughter on the orders of Mister Sinister?

I know Callisto is set to appear in Marauders, garbed in white. My first assumption was that she was aligned with Emma Frost, but upon reconsideration I believe its possible that she is Sebastian Shaw's candidate for the position of White Queen. Either way, I hope Callisto gathers a crew of Morlocks, particularly Marrow, Litterbug, Bliss, Beautiful Dreamer & Fever Pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    I'm hoping they'll show up prominently on X-Factor. A lot of them are dead, so it would be interesting to know which ones would rather come back looking better or would accept themselves for what they are. Or how the living Morlocks would react to that. Would make for an interesting discussion. Would the Morlocks be wrong for wanting to be born looking prettier? What's the implications of letting someone reincarnate as their ideal self or should they, and those around them, be taught to accept them as they are? And what right does anyone around them have to judge them for whatever they do? I'd love to see that on page.
    X-Factor is certainly a book that has room for the Morlocks (and a great many other characters). As for coming back looking different, I'm not sure its needed within the new society established on Krakoa. And I'm not sure the reincarnation goes that far in altering the appearance of mutants (my reading was that they came back at their prime). That's not to say that Masque & Jumbo Carnation can't just give them a good old fashioned makeover once they're back though.

BANNED

they chllling an vibing, period.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Cal is in next week's Marauders...it's a start.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I wanna see where Madin is.

This thread has me thinking who has been in the Morlocks over the years anyone i am missing?

Morlocks: New York community
    Alex
    Annalee
    Annalee's four children (unidenified)
    Ape
    Ash
    Beautiful Dreamer
    Berzerker (Ray Carter)
    Bliss
    Blow-Hard
    Bouncer
    Brain Cell