Default What Is Marvels Conclusion to Empyre?

In Ewing and Larraz’s EMPYRE #0: AVENGERS, old allies have returned and the Avengers are called to the new Green Area of the Moon to help face a terrible enemy. And in Slott and Silva’s EMPYRE #0: FANTASTIC FOUR, the Fantastic Four will witness the final conflict of the Kree/Skrull War and meet a long hidden Elder of the Universe… the mysterious Profiteer! Both one-shots will lay the cosmic groundwork for Marvel’s next incredible saga and feature first appearances of major new players in the Marvel Universe!

Empyre promises a lot. New characters, a long-held grudge to be resolved, the first time the FF and Avengers take part in an event after Secret Wars, the settling between the Skrulls and Kree about who owns Teddy.

But what is going to be the end result of all this? The Cotati getting a seat at the table? Teddy has to marry a Skrull and Kree Queen? A new Star Council? I’ve yet to see Teddy and Carol Danvers interact, and that’s something to look forward to. Is this big enough for Galactus to get involved with? And Profiteer? What kind of Elder would call himself Profiteer? How does he profit from this conflict, and what effect does it have on Earth?

The end of Civil War was Iron Man
    The end of Secret Invasion was Norman Osborn
    The end of Secret Wars was a snap
    The end of Empyre will be....

What is that next incredible saga?

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m guessing either Captain Marvel, or the FF.

BANNED

the wedding of Teddy and Billy in the last issue and them being supporting cast in the Guardians of the Galaxy book ? I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    After really getting into the Billy/Teddy relationship, I'm looking forward to Empyre. Should be an interesting outcome I hope. Shuffle things up a bit, which could be nice. Really hoping for some more out of Hulkling and Wiccan after the event ends tho

Maybe the Endgame Of Empyre is the ascension of the Young Avengers? There has to be a time when these 6 people become the primary force in the Universe, if Allan Heinburg was supposed to invent this group to be the next Avengers generation. I always wondered why the YA were left to languish in obscurity for so long since 2005, and no progress be made towards their eventual assumption to the high elite. To be an alternative to the old guard. Maybe Marvel will finally dispose of the old guard in this Event? It won’t take much if you have an Infinity gem.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    I'm trying to think of the endgame in all of this. Either Earth is going to be part of the Kree-Skrull empire or it's not. I'm more than a little weary of this plotline. I'd be curious if they actually let them take over for at least a year then do another storyline with the eventual rebellion.
    (I apologise for relocating a couple of posts here. I just wanted some ideas about this outcome).

That has some real potential

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Maybe all of these events have vastly accelerated the prophecy of the Badoon taking over the Earth? Maybe that's what comes next?

The Shi'ar start a galactic war with Hulklings Kree/Skrull army.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I'm not sure what will happen, but what I HOPE for is that the Kree/Skrull union will become the new status quo and editorial won't just revert them to their warring ways after the event is over. I think there is potential in keeping them as a strong, unified empire going forward. It could lead to some good cosmic repercussions... And I definitely hope this events takes Hulkling to the next level as a character and gives Marvel a reason to keep him in the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Teddy has to marry a Skrull and Kree Queen?
    Why would that even be necessary? He's already a living symbol of the union between Kree and Skrulls. That's the whole reason why they're rallying behind him in the first place. If he had to have some kind of arranged marriage for diplomatic reasons, it would probably have to be with whoever is the enemy of the Kree/Skrull empire, so probably someone from the Cotati. Not that I think an arranged marriage is even gonna happen anyway. If it was with another character, perhaps, but I don't think Marvel is gonna throw Teddy and Billy's relationship away, specially with Ewing writing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not sure what will happen, but what I HOPE for is that the Kree/Skrull union will become the new status quo and editorial won't just revert them to their warring ways after the event is over. I think there is potential in keeping them as a strong, unified empire going forward. It could lead to some good cosmic repercussions... And I definitely hope this events takes Hulkling to the next level as a character and gives Marvel a reason to keep him in the spotlight.

Why would that even be necessary? He's already a living symbol of the union between Kree and Skrulls. That's the whole reason why they're rallying behind him in the first place. If he had to have some kind of arranged marriage for diplomatic reasons, it would probably have to be with whoever is the enemy of the Kree/Skrull empire, so probably someone from the Cotati. Not that I think an arranged marriage is even gonna happen anyway. If it was with another character, perhaps, but I don't think Marvel is gonna throw Teddy and Billy's relationship away, specially with Ewing writing it.
    I was remembering that Black Bolt had to have 5 wives to make the alliance with all the tribes of the Kree, I think. Not that I want Teddy to jeopardise his relationship with Billy.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    I was remembering that Black Bolt had to have 5 wives to make the alliance with all the tribes of the Kree, I think. Not that I want Teddy to jeopardise his relationship with Billy.
    The thing with Black Bolt was a part of Inhuman Royal culture; Teddy doesn't have to follow that for a new empire that he essentially created. As the maximum authority there, I'm assuming he can create his own rules, so I find it hard to believe he would be forced to marry anyone he doesn't want to.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    The Shi'ar start a galactic war with Hulklings Kree/Skrull army.
    So AvX II? I wouldn’t be surprised if that happened if Shi’ar fight the new Empire as a new AvX event with Sunspot, Vulcan, Deathbird, Gladiator & Xandra against Teddy, Billy and whoever else in the Empire, with the ending being a new bigger Empire of Shi’ar, Kree & Skrull with a council of: Sunspot, Deathbird, Vulcan, Xandra, Gladiator, Teddy, Billy and others.

But I think the conclusion will be wedding of Teddy & Billy with all the former Young Avengers present with an alliance of the new Empire with Avengers/FF. Maybe a new Avengers title co-written by Ewing & Slott with Teddy, Billy, the Empire, other former YA members among some other young heroes. Maybe have Noh-Varr join the new Empire and add lone standing groups of Skrulls & Kree across the universe.
    Last edited by HipHopAvenger; 02-11-2020 at 09:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The thing with Black Bolt was a part of Inhuman Royal culture; Teddy doesn't have to follow that for a new empire that he essentially created. As the maximum authority there, I'm assuming he can create his own rules, so I find it hard to believe he would be forced to marry anyone he doesn't want to.
    Okay. That sounds reasonable. I just see on the horizon the Skrull and the Kree making these obnoxious marriage stipulations. But you’re right. That should have been brought up long ago before now, and also, maybe Teddy has also told both Skulls and Kree he already has a beau. And like you say, Teddy is the Emperor. He can change the rules. Let’s hope so.