I've read a little Guy, but not a lot. What is your favorite era/writer/characterization for him? Location? Supporting cast?

I kind of like the idea of Guy/Tora, so the JLI has some merit but don't care for early post-COIE Guy (at least in JLI - not my type of humor) and didn't think he treated her well, and consequently have read little of him until 1993ish. He gets better later (it's some of the later stuff that makes me like them, even if she was dead for a lot of that). I did read part of his series and his chumminess with General Glory was fun in the one issue I saw. Or maybe hanging out in space training rookies for GL Corps? Going completely solo on earth or in space? Just the idea of the Vuldarian powers is a no-go to me, and I'm something of a fan of the traditional green ring. What'd you think of his space bar? Some fun stuff happened later with Jaime, too, though it was Jaime's comic, so I don't really know what was going on with Guy in is own story at the time.

I'm just curious as to if there is any sort of consensus (especially among Guy-fans) as to where he should live, how he should support himself, who he should hang out with (if anyone), and how he should behave.