Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Very interested to see Hercules interact with and hopefully join this team. I'm loving what Ewing is putting down.
    It's looking like he isn't aligned with the rest of his pantheon, so there's certainly a possibility that he'll join the GotG. He's one of those characters that always has fun interactions with residents of the wider MU. I loved his solo series, followed by his stint as a member of the ANAD Avengers and then as one of the heroes who answered the call in No Road Home, so I'm eager to see where Ewing takes Herc next

So that's where that logo used when he introduced himself came from.

The team were no longer the ANAD Avengers by the time Herc joined. The ANAD team ceased to exist when the Champions broke away.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

Just got through #1 and I was really impressed. Great character stuff that took me right back to the DnA era. I really enjoyed the scene between Rocket and Peter on the ship.

Never read a book with Marvel Boy but I’m looking forward to more of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, same. Shows how little people liked last year's GOTG I guess.
    I really enjoyed Cates run, it was too short in my eyes. I think the rehabilitation of the Guardians started under him after being almost unrecognisable under the pen of Bendis and Duggan.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I think Cates just struggles slightly because he goes at his stories very big from the get go. Aside from what he did with Rocket, we didn’t get much time for characterisation from anyone. They were a team, sure, but we had no idea how they clicked. After the first ark we could’ve done with a slower quieter few moments before the next big one.
    It wasn’t bad, but won’t really be remembered imo.

Ewing is off to a good start. Hopefully he can keep it up. Would love to see him on a solo Nova title, bringing back the same vibe DnA gave him #bringbackworldmind

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I think Cates just struggles slightly because he goes at his stories very big from the get go. Aside from what he did with Rocket, we didn’t get much time for characterisation from anyone. They were a team, sure, but we had no idea how they clicked. After the first ark we could’ve done with a slower quieter few moments before the next big one.
    It wasn’t bad, but won’t really be remembered imo.

Ewing is off to a good start. Hopefully he can keep it up. Would love to see him on a solo Nova title, bringing back the same vibe DnA gave him #bringbackworldmind
    Agreed, Ewing is off to a great start and I LOVE his Nova. As soon as Rich responded to Zeus with his rank and number all I could do was stand up an clap because that let me know that Ewing understands the character.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    "It is critical that you pay attention at this time"
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It feels so damn good to have Ewing on a team book again, writing characters that I enjoy a lot. Also hoping that Herc joins the team.
    Last edited by Harpoon; 01-27-2020 at 05:18 PM.

"It is critical that you pay attention at this time"
    Best duo in comics

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Who is the woman with the silver hair & sword on the team now? I don't recognize her.

Love that Moondragon is on the team

Phyla-Vell, an alternate universe Captain Marvel. Her 616 version was Quasar and Martyr and died some years ago, and this one arrived in 616 along with Moondragon during Infinity Wars. 616 Moondragon was never killed off, and will be showing up soon.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Phyla-Vell, an alternate universe Captain Marvel. Her 616 version was Quasar and Martyr and died some years ago, and this one arrived in 616 along with Moondragon during Infinity Wars. 616 Moondragon was never killed off, and will be showing up soon.
    Awesome thank you.- I really like this Moondragon's outfit

who is the exact current team? what is their mission statement?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    who is the exact current team? what is their mission statement?
    Read it and find out

This first issue was incredible. It's like the last #1 of GotG released in January on steroids and cocaine. What an absolute win. The jokes, the art, the continuity, the emotional family bonds, the new pimp gods and prick Zeus, I love it. Stupendous. Transcendent. Kino. And that was what I thought BEFORE papa Herc appeared on the last page. I actually felt like the group was in horrible danger. I suspected this would become one of my favorite books and we're already there. That Cabal infiltration double-page spread is just perfection. I could praise this book all day.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate