Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

Immortal Hulk Writer Al Ewing | The Comics Pals Interviews

Yo guys, check this out. Al Ewing is also talking about Guardian of the Galaxy runs which start at 1:33:06 minutes.
    The more and more I read and hear from Ewing, the more I like him.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not really sure how to feel about the Peter/Gamora relationship. It seems like the writers want us to believe in it but it didn't feel like they really built up to it much before (boom) they're in love and making out. Duggan just had them kiss in Infinity War before Gamora betrayed them and then they're stumbling all over each other in Cates' run. And it really only seems to be a thing because it's the big romance in the movies.

But I guess it's like writers making Rich and Gamora into more than it actually was.
    Gamora has been in a weird place for several years now, starting with Bendis' run. He turned her character into "Drax with boobs", having her suddenly obsessed with killing Thanos, to the point where she'd go into a berserker rage and start attacking her friends and teammates if they got in her way. Drax is the one who is supposed to be single-mindedly focused on killing Thanos; Gamora's attitudes towards him were much more complex under previous writers. Then Duggan had her turn traitor and become a villain and essentially follow in Thanos' footsteps. Then Coates' run starts with essentially the entire cosmic community wanting to hunt her down and kill her.

I'm glad that Ewing has so far kept Gamora off the team full time, because I think in-story Gamora needs a bit of a break to get her head together and in general I think the character needs a break where she is out of the spotlight a bit and get a bit of distance from the usual directions she's gone lately. She's still made some appearances and I know she's about to turn up again--but at least she hasn't been front and center for a little while.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Gamora has been in a weird place for several years now, starting with Bendis' run. He turned her character into "Drax with boobs", having her suddenly obsessed with killing Thanos, to the point where she'd go into a berserker rage and start attacking her friends and teammates if they got in her way. Drax is the one who is supposed to be single-mindedly focused on killing Thanos; Gamora's attitudes towards him were much more complex under previous writers. Then Duggan had her turn traitor and become a villain and essentially follow in Thanos' footsteps. Then Coates' run starts with essentially the entire cosmic community wanting to hunt her down and kill her.

I'm glad that Ewing has so far kept Gamora off the team full time, because I think in-story Gamora needs a bit of a break to get her head together and in general I think the character needs a break where she is out of the spotlight a bit and get a bit of distance from the usual directions she's gone lately. She's still made some appearances and I know she's about to turn up again--but at least she hasn't been front and center for a little while.

Yeah, comic writers kept trying to incorporate movie synergy even though they make no sense in comics.
    In Starlin's comics, Thanos essentially saved Gamora, and that was suppose to be her origin.
    So Bendis' run makes no sense, Duggan and Cates trying to make Quill/Gamora a thing is kind of weird,
    but Ewing is making more sense out of it, even though I still don't like it.
    Really curious where Ewing is taking the team.