Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

I think the only version/run of GOTG I really loved was the DNA run. I've tried older runs, I've tried newer runs since and finally just gave up.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Imo it really isn't GOTG related, Hercules seriously ?, Hercules is Hercules.
    Why must Marvel comics follow nearly everything the MCU does.
    Absolutely ridiculous.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I think the only version/run of GOTG I really loved was the DNA run. I've tried older runs, I've tried newer runs since and finally just gave up.
    The DNA run was my favourite but I’m really enjoying the current run.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Imo it really isn't GOTG related, Hercules seriously ?, Hercules is Hercules.
    Why must Marvel comics follow nearly everything the MCU does.
    Absolutely ridiculous.
    Hercules being queer is not something new, neither in greek mythology, nor even in Marvel mythology. Ewing just confirmed something that was pretty much already known. If something as harmless as this ruins your enjoyment of a book that's been otherwise great.... too bad.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Hercules being queer is not something new, neither in greek mythology, nor even in Marvel mythology. Ewing just confirmed something that was pretty much already known. If something as harmless as this ruins your enjoyment of a book that's been otherwise great.... too bad.
    It won't ruin the book for me, but I can understand where he's coming from. Classic, fun-loving, brawling, womanizing Hercules was a thing. It's a bit disconcerting to see the character be something else. I guess there was always room for him to have something going in the past -- but for him to suddenly have a boyfriend feels like it's out of left field.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

I’m all in on what Ewing is doing here. Just got through with #5 and it was fantastic. Making a story beat from the weird situation with Moonsdragon and Phyla is tidy work.

In regards to #6 preview, those seeds have been planted for a while. I don’t know if he has more pull with editorial or is just a little braver but kudos to him for exploring that.

Too bad pfft seriously have you even read any titles featuring Marvel Hercules ?, Hercules in the 616 Marvel Universe likes WOMEN, he likes to brawl, he likes to drink excessive amounts of alcohol.
    Hercules has never ever showed an interest in males, Marvel needs to stop turning their characters gay, especially characters with long histories.
    Since Hercules first battled Thor he has NEVER ever showed any gay tendancies and has constantly bedded or suggested to bed many of Marvels female characters.
    So now thats two characters out of the original Champions who are now gay, who is next Ghost Rider ?, Angel ?, absolute rubbish Marvel.
    Bye, bye GOTG.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 08-31-2020 at 10:15 PM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.
    Not a fan of any of the new characters.
    (Marvel/DC fan for 44+ years)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    It won't ruin the book for me, but I can understand where he's coming from. Classic, fun-loving, brawling, womanizing Hercules was a thing. It's a bit disconcerting to see the character be something else. I guess there was always room for him to have something going in the past -- but for him to suddenly have a boyfriend feels like it's out of left field.
    Did I miss where all of that was erased in this particular book? If anything, Hercules getting horny during a battle is the most Hercules thing he's done in recent times, considering the most serious approach he had in other books. Also, where exactly was it said that Noh-Varr is his boyfriend? What makes anyone think a random kiss is different from any other fling he's ever had with women in the past? That's a whole lot of assumptions based on a single panel from a book that's not even out yet.

Too bad, Hercules in the 616 Marvel Universe likes women, he likes to brawl, he likes to drink excessive amounts of alcohol.
    Hercules has never ever showed an interest in males, Marvel needs to stop turning their characters gay, especially characters with long histories.
    So now thats two characters out of the original Champions who are now gay, absolute rubbish Marvel.
    Bye, bye GOTG.
    Too bad you don't seem to keep up with comics. Herc's queerness was first hinted years ago when Greg Pak established he had slept with Northstar. He also wrote Hylas, a famous male lover of Hercules from mythology, into his canon. He also wrote a scene in which Amadeus Cho gets mistaken for an eromenos of Hercules, which shows that he IS known for having young male lovers. And his latest solo book also had a joke about his sexuality.

Also, because apparently some people are too dense to understand how sexuality works: having same-sex attractions doesn't mean you can't be something other than gay. Bi and pansexual people exist, and until it is explicitly stated otherwise on-page, that's probably where Herc falls at.

Bye bye, your homophobic ass won't be missed.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-31-2020 at 10:45 PM.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah, it’s a bit of an OTT reaction. Ewing just made a very slight change in that Herc is now a flirt to all, not just women. I don’t see the issue.

I didn’t know about the above scenarios with Herc...but again: it’s perfectly fine and doesn’t even feel out of character to me.

Did I miss where all of that was erased in this particular book? If anything, Hercules getting horny during a battle is the most Hercules thing he's done in recent times, considering the most serious approach he had in other books. Also, where exactly was it said that Noh-Varr is his boyfriend? What makes anyone think a random kiss is different from any other fling he's ever had with women in the past? That's a whole lot of assumptions based on a single panel from a book that's not even out yet.

Too bad you don't seem to keep up with comics. Herc's queerness was first hinted years ago when Greg Pak established he had slept with Northstar. He also wrote Hylas, a famous male lover of Hercules from mythology, into his canon. He also wrote a scene in which Amadeus Cho gets mistaken for an eromenos of Hercules, which shows that he IS known for having young male lovers. And his latest solo book also had a joke about his sexuality.

Also, because apparently some people are too dense to understand how sexuality works: having same-sex attractions doesn't mean you can't be something other than gay. Bi and pansexual people exist, and until it is explicitly stated otherwise on-page, that's probably where Herc falls at.

Bye bye, your homophobic ass won't be missed.
    Just because I can't stand characters sexuality changed to suit the next upcoming MCU movie doesn't mean I'm homophobic, obviously I've hit a nerve.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 09-01-2020 at 12:43 AM.
    I am a Marvel fan preferably cosmic storylines, especially Thanos or Dark Phoenix related, when both the Avengers and the X-Men are involved count me in, loved the original Uncanny Avengers series.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Yeah, it’s a bit of an OTT reaction. Ewing just made a very slight change in that Herc is now a flirt to all, not just women. I don’t see the issue.

I didn’t know about the above scenarios with Herc...but again: it’s perfectly fine and doesn’t even feel out of character to me.
    Exactly, specially cause Hercules in Greek mythology was also despicted as bi-sexual and as Drop of Venus explained, marvel writers threw hints about his bisexuality in the comics too. He is just like his father, in terms of having different lovers, who at least got a male lover (Gamynedes).

Just because I can't stand characters sexuality changed to suit the next upcoming MCU movie doesn't mean I'm homophobic, obviously I've hit a nerve.
    There are no plans so far for Hercules in the MCU.

It's Pak and Van Lente, the ones who made that great Incredible Hercules series, who suggested he was bi. And Pak doubled on it with an AU Hercules in love with James "you're either my Kitty of the month or you're kebab" Howlett.
    And he stopped brawling, drinking and womanizing since Dan Abnett got his hands on him and fixed his "problematicTM" behavior.
    Which turned him into a less entertaining character IMHO. I'm not digging Ewing's space Jesus either.
    I appreciate character development, but there are already many nice, clean characters in super hero comics. There was no need to add one more.
    Bringing back the old, killing the young: that's the Marvel way

Too bad pfft seriously have you even read any titles featuring Marvel Hercules ?, Hercules in the 616 Marvel Universe likes WOMEN, he likes to brawl, he likes to drink excessive amounts of alcohol.
    Since Hercules first battled Thor he has NEVER ever showed any gay tendancies and has constantly bedded or suggested to bed many of Marvels female characters.
    So now thats two characters out of the original Champions who are now gay, who is next Ghost Rider ?, Angel ?, absolute rubbish Marvel.
    Bye, bye GOTG.
    Seems like a petty reason to quit a book but do you. *shrugs* Mind you Hercules is from anything goes greek mythology where they **** anything and everything him liking boys isn't new.

Astonishing Member

The problem being that this is a) not a change and b) nothing to do with the MCU. References and nods to Hercules being bisexual have been showing up in various comments since 2009 (Pak and Van Lente's INCREDIBLE HERCULES series; Dan Abnett's HERCULES series; Jason Aaron's THOR, etc). Hercules is not in the next MCU movie as far as we know, and nothing has been said about him being LGBT in the movies even if he does show up.

Multiple posters have pointed out now that these parts of your complaint are factually inaccurate--and yet you continue to persist in that false claim. If you don't like Hercules being bisexual, fine--that's your right. But when you deliberately lie about the circumstances of it, that's when you're going to get called out for homophobic behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    There are no plans so far for Hercules in the MCU.

It's Pak and Van Lente, the ones who made that great Incredible Hercules series, who suggested he was bi. And Pak doubled on it with an AU Hercules in love with James "you're either my Kitty of the month or you're kebab" Howlett.
    And he stopped brawling, drinking and womanizing since Dan Abnett got his hands on him and fixed his "problematicTM" behavior.
    Which turned him into a less entertaining character IMHO. I'm not digging Ewing's space Jesus either.
    I appreciate character development, but there are already many nice, clean characters in super hero comics. There was no need to add one more.
    Hercules is in the upcoming Eternals movie and is rumoured to be gay.
    I agree 100% with you, this is out of character for the Hercules in the MCU imo.
    This was just the icing on the cake for me, who the hell is this Prince of Power guy ?.
    I haven't really enjoyed this current series and the only thing I have liked is the Moon Dragons becoming one.
    Last edited by PhoenixThanos; 09-01-2020 at 12:11 PM.