Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Guardians of the Galaxy Appreciation 2020

New year, new creative team, new appreciation thread!

And here's the preview of the new #1!
    https://www.adventuresinpoortaste.co...galaxy-2020-1/
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Love the Guardians of the Galaxy! Not a fan of Noh-Varr though . Oh well.

Anyway, I thought the people of this forum might enjoy a banner I made for the Golden, Silver, Bronze section of another comics message board around the time of the release of the first movie-

How cool! That's really good.

Astonishing Member Shinglepants's Avatar

That’s a great preview. I’m so ready for this new era of GotG and very excited to see what Ewing has in store for them.

Quote Originally Posted by thjan View Post
    Anyway, I thought the people of this forum might enjoy a banner I made....
    That’s really cool dude! Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    That’s a great preview. I’m so ready for this new era of GotG and very excited to see what Ewing has in store for them.
    Same here. Although I will probably be trade waiting it unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    How cool! That's really good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinglepants View Post
    That’s really cool dude! Nice work.
    Thanks y'all! I'm glad you like it, it was fun to make.

Incredible Member PlatinumThorns's Avatar

Can't believe it took this long for GoTG to get an proper thread lol. I'm INSANELY hyped for this run-- I hope it's the second coming of Ewing's Ultimates.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Can't believe it took this long for GoTG to get an proper thread lol. I'm INSANELY hyped for this run-- I hope it's the second coming of Ewing's Ultimates.
    Agreed. I can't wait till Wednesday to see what insane concept Ewing is going to come up with.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who
    can, so we're the ones who have to.~Captain Marvel

Ok I think it is safe to say I am going to LOVE Ewing's run after reading this first issue.
    The Avengers are Firefighters. We're the ones who fly into the blaze, whatever it is. Because we're the ones who

Astonishing Member

Can't wait to see Rich Rider/Nova's involvement with this version of the GoTG; especially since he won't be a New Warrior, with their upcoming NW Miniseries coming in April......

So cannot wait to get this after work. Guardians of the Galaxy are my favorite, especially Rocket. Hoping this will be a fine run.

Breaker of Worlds Immortal Hulk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Ok I think it is safe to say I am going to LOVE Ewing's run after reading this first issue.
    Already compared this first issue with BMB and Cate's issue, we can see Ewing is on another level.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumThorns View Post
    Can't believe it took this long for GoTG to get an proper thread lol.
    Yeah, same. Shows how little people liked last year's GOTG I guess.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

1. Still a bit meh on the cast. I get that they're popular, largely due to the films, but I'd happily leave behind Star-Lord, Rocket, Drax & Gamora (Groot is permitted to stay) I'd much rather get Darkhawk, Mantis, Nebula, Cosmo, Firelord, Quasar or any of the Inhumans as active members. Really don't like Marvel Boy either.

2. I feel like while it'd be readable without knowing prior events, you'd be hindered by not knowing what's been going on in cosmic marvel.

3. Stoked that Ewing gets to go big and I can't wait to see what he does with the cast, especially Nova, Phylla & Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by King_Thor13 View Post
    1. Still a bit meh on the cast. I get that they're popular, largely due to the films, but I'd happily leave behind Star-Lord, Rocket, Drax & Gamora (Groot is permitted to stay) I'd much rather get Darkhawk, Mantis, Nebula, Cosmo, Firelord, Quasar or any of the Inhumans as active members. Really don't like Marvel Boy either.

2. I feel like while it'd be readable without knowing prior events, you'd be hindered by not knowing what's been going on in cosmic marvel.

3. Stoked that Ewing gets to go big and I can't wait to see what he does with the cast, especially Nova, Phylla & Hercules
    Very interested to see Hercules interact with and hopefully join this team. I'm loving what Ewing is putting down.

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Very interested to see Hercules interact with and hopefully join this team. I'm loving what Ewing is putting down.
    This could surely bring back memories of Bob Layton's Hercules limited series from the 80's: