Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixThanos View Post
    Hercules is in the upcoming Eternals movie and is rumoured to be gay.
    Hercules is not in the upcoming Eternals movie. And in comics he’s bisexual.

They've already announced the cast of the Eternals, and given us character descriptions

Hercules is not in it. Phastos is married to a man though.

Too bad pfft seriously have you even read any titles featuring Marvel Hercules ?, Hercules in the 616 Marvel Universe likes WOMEN, he likes to brawl, he likes to drink excessive amounts of alcohol.
    Hercules has never ever showed an interest in males, Marvel needs to stop turning their characters gay, especially characters with long histories.
    Since Hercules first battled Thor he has NEVER ever showed any gay tendancies and has constantly bedded or suggested to bed many of Marvels female characters.
    So now thats two characters out of the original Champions who are now gay, who is next Ghost Rider ?, Angel ?, absolute rubbish Marvel.
    Bye, bye GOTG.
    Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    It won't ruin the book for me, but I can understand where he's coming from. Classic, fun-loving, brawling, womanizing Hercules was a thing. It's a bit disconcerting to see the character be something else. I guess there was always room for him to have something going in the past -- but for him to suddenly have a boyfriend feels like it's out of left field.
    I agree 100% with you, this is out of character for the Hercules in the MCU imo.
    This was just the icing on the cake for me, who the hell is this Prince of Power guy ?.
    I haven't really enjoyed this current series and the only thing I have liked is the Moon Dragons becoming one.
    Smh at the casuals

Also Prince of Power is obviously a wielder of Power Stone.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Just because I can't stand characters sexuality changed to suit the next upcoming MCU movie doesn't mean I'm homophobic, obviously I've hit a nerve.
    Obviously the book hit a nerve with you if you're too bothered by something that was already a thing in comics for over a decade now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sataniel View Post
    Also Prince of Power is obviously a wielder of Power Stone.
    I had totally forgotten about that, but you're probably right. He was supposed to appear in that Infinite Destinies event that would show the Infinity Stones and their hosts. It's unclear if that is still happening now, so I wonder what Ewing's plans for the character are.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-01-2020 at 03:09 PM.

McKay said last month that it's just delayed - https://twitter.com/jedmackay/status...61651551625217

Rich still refers to himself as the Nova Prime.
    Guess he is the Prime if he's the only one left....

Poor guy, he's really broken

Ultimate Member

never mind.
    Last edited by Username taken; 09-02-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Rich still refers to himself as the Nova Prime.
    Guess he is the Prime if he's the only one left....

Poor guy, he's really broken
    Really good moments in this issue. Definitely an homage to Rich's history (anybody else notice the mullet?) like the Annihilation War or his time in the Cancerverse. What really got me were the scenes with his father. Remember seeing Rich's dad back in his series right after Annihilation and noticed that he could be a hardass. We see the effects of that "do it yourself!" mentality on Rich and what it has cost him. Being unable to ask for help, that's a heavy burden to shoulder. But, we see progress. Incremental, but still there. Hoping the best for Richie!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Jekyll View Post
    I think the only version/run of GOTG I really loved was the DNA run. I've tried older runs, I've tried newer runs since and finally just gave up.
    I agree for the most part. Donny Cates run was great but much too short to be as good as DNA.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Really good moments in this issue. Definitely an homage to Rich's history (anybody else notice the mullet?) like the Annihilation War or his time in the Cancerverse. What really got me were the scenes with his father. Remember seeing Rich's dad back in his series right after Annihilation and noticed that he could be a hardass. We see the effects of that "do it yourself!" mentality on Rich and what it has cost him. Being unable to ask for help, that's a heavy burden to shoulder. But, we see progress. Incremental, but still there. Hoping the best for Richie!
    I'm a little disappointed, honestly. We have the abusive parent trope again, and a disappointing lack of reference to the fact that Annihilation wasn't Rich's first experience with real combat. He was in space for a year before coming back

Incredible Member

I enjoyed this issue as a decompression from the prior events. Richard Rider has had a lot to deal with - his Nova corps has been killed off time and time again. The 'do it yourself' panels were a little too on the nose, but worked to show why he is the way he is. It is in-line with his prior appearances - shouldering the responsibility of being the lone representative of Nova corps, sacrificing himself to save the universe from the Cancerverse (twice over even!). He has always had a huge responsibility, and he seems made for shouldering it. But this issue helps shine a light how he can still be better.

This issue was what I wished Tom King's Sanctuary to be about, where we get some insight into how these traumas shape the heroes, and what drives them. Instead, that became merely window dressing for a murder mystery story.

I liked this week issue and the focus on Richard although I hope we could have seen alittle more of the aftermath regarding Moondragon (like which Heather is in charge?).

I quite liked #6. Positive depictions of mental health therapy do feel pretty rare in superhero comics.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I'm a little disappointed, honestly. We have the abusive parent trope again, and a disappointing lack of reference to the fact that Annihilation wasn't Rich's first experience with real combat. He was in space for a year before coming back
    Not sure if I'd really call Rich's dad "abusive"... not to the degree of most abusive parental figures in comics, anyway. This was just more of him being hard on Rich as he'd always been depicted as.

BANNED

Personally enjoyed the issue,
    I do wonder where Ewing go from here,
    the solicition for the next few isuues seem to be mostly diplomatic and investigation,
    I wonder when are they gonna try and find the new quasar,
    and there should be forces behind all the conflict according to Nova.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I’m really enjoying this run so far. It’s got a lot of legs. I really want Al to get a solo Nova book. I miss Rich/Worldmind adventures