Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kalai View Post
    Personally enjoyed the issue,
    I do wonder where Ewing go from here,
    the solicition for the next few isuues seem to be mostly diplomatic and investigation,
    I wonder when are they gonna try and find the new quasar,
    and there should be forces behind all the conflict according to Nova.
    Hope they don't find her....I like the Wendell

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I’m really enjoying this run so far. It’s got a lot of legs. I really want Al to get a solo Nova book. I miss Rich/Worldmind adventures
    I'd LOVE for worldmind to come back.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Hope they don't find her....I like the Wendell
    I think Ewing's good enough to bring her back and not replace Wendell.

He's smart enough to realize that there are more ways to add gender balance and representation to the cosmic scene than replacing Wendell with a lesbian

Yeah, maybe when Avril is back she'll have internalised her powers, thus no longer needing the Quantum Bands. That would allow both her and Wendell to be Quasar.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think Ewing's good enough to bring her back and not replace Wendell.

He's smart enough to realize that there are more ways to add gender balance and representation to the cosmic scene than replacing Wendell with a lesbian
    Bringing back Mantis was a good first step. I hope she continues playing a big role in space

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Bringing back Mantis was a good first step. I hope she continues playing a big role in space
    Isn’t her son the current big bad of Empyre?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Isn’t her son the current big bad of Empyre?
    spoilers:
    He's been defeated and taken prisoner.

But Mantis had a fairly big role in the event helping the Avengers and FF defeat his plan.

This could lead to her rejoining the Guardians or trying to redeem Quoi by taking his place on the cosmic stage.
    Whatever the case it's nice to see her again
    end of spoilers

Eventually I'd love to see a Nova (Rich) and Quasar (Wendell) team book. These two guys are always knocked down and creators always try to replace them, but they both resonate enough with us to always find their way back.

Butch and Sundance in space!

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, maybe when Avril is back she'll have internalised her powers, thus no longer needing the Quantum Bands. That would allow both her and Wendell to be Quasar.
    Arvil coming back as Quasar, I'm okay with, JUst as long as Wendell comes back. Now it'd be cool if he had the Quantum Bands again, but if not, I'm okay with him being just some Quantum energy figure who flies around and shoots stuff.

Eventually I'd love to see a Nova (Rich) and Quasar (Wendell) team book. These two guys are always knocked down and creators always try to replace them, but they both resonate enough with us to always find their way back.

Butch and Sundance in space!
    Yeah bro, it would be cool to see Wendell and Richie team up. They had a cool bond during Annihilation and Thanos Imperative. It was akin to Rich's and Quill's.
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Arvil coming back as Quasar, I'm okay with, JUst as long as Wendell comes back. Now it'd be cool if he had the Quantum Bands again, but if not, I'm okay with him being just some Quantum energy figure who flies around and shoots stuff.
    Wendell has already come back and is the current Quasar with the quantum bands (although it has yet to be explained how he got them back and became Quasar again--he just turned up, back in costume, at the start of Donny Cates short-lived GOTG run). Wendell had a vision in last year's Annual that Avril was still alive, somewhere. Its not clear if she somehow has another set of quantum bands, or what. But yes, hopefully whenever they do finally resolve her dangling plot thread they find a way for both her and Wendell to both be active.

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    I’m really enjoying this run so far. It’s got a lot of legs. I really want Al to get a solo Nova book. I miss Rich/Worldmind adventures
    I also miss Rich Rider's cosmic adventures, and I would LOVE it if Richie could get another shot at an ongoing...

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    I'd LOVE for worldmind to come back.
    And Queen Adora, as well...

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-05-2020 at 02:04 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Harpoon View Post
    Not sure if I'd really call Rich's dad "abusive"... not to the degree of most abusive parental figures in comics, anyway. This was just more of him being hard on Rich as he'd always been depicted as.
    I really don't recall him being that bad in the Warriors era, to be honest.

And frankly, there's enough basic material to justify Nova's 'Do it yourself' attitude. He lived when Xandar died the first time, along with all his New Champion teammates. When he left the Warriors, almost the entire team died. When the Annihilation Wave swept through the Nova Corp, again, sole survivor. And all the Novas from his previous series are gone, leaving only him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I really don't recall him being that bad in the Warriors era, to be honest.

And frankly, there's enough basic material to justify Nova's 'Do it yourself' attitude. He lived when Xandar died the first time, along with all his New Champion teammates. When he left the Warriors, almost the entire team died. When the Annihilation Wave swept through the Nova Corp, again, sole survivor. And all the Novas from his previous series are gone, leaving only him.
    I agree, he had survived a lot of tragedies. It could be said that Rich could have some survivor's guilt.

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #9
    AL EWING (W) • JUAN CABAL (A) • Cover by RAFAEL ALBUQUERQUE
    KNULLIFIED VARIANT COVER BY Ryan Brown
    • Everyone thought he was dead. They were wrong. Now Peter Quill journeys through a mythic world on the other side of our reality.
    • But is he still Peter Quill...or is he the legendary Star-Lord?
    • Get ready for a GUARDIANS tale unlike any you’ve ever seen before - as the clock starts ticking for the last stand.
    32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

I think Ewing could do wonders re-contexualizing all of Peter's history and various character takes into one cohesive whole. If that's what he's going for, I'm down .