Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It does.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Categ...6)/Appearances

I got it from here, last updated mid-to-late 2019 [https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Otto_...s_(Earth-616)]. So it's not added in Ock's final appearances in Gage's series, nor has it added in Norman's appearances in Absolute Carnage.

If anything Superior probably gave Ock some catch-up. Before he might have been even lower.

A case could be made that Venom was the biggest villain after Norman's death. He was certainly the biggest villain after Steve Ditko left the books.
    Going by the Marvel wiki, the Otto Octavius that's appeared since The Clone Conspiracy is referred to as "Otto Octavius (Duplicate)," since he is technically the product of a digitized copy of Otto's mind being uploaded into a cloned body of himself (and then of himself and Peter Parker mixed together) and thus not necessarily the "original" Otto restored. That's probably why the appearance list for "Otto Octavius (Earth-616)" hasn't been updated with the Clone Conspiracy-onward appearances.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

The 2000s/2010s were a good time for Norman.

Mighty Member

Norman Osborn and Doctor Octopus were the definite big bads of the spiderverse being the main villain in more story arcs than any other villain but Venom was less of a big bad and more of a major villain turned anti-hero. Norman is now apart of an organization called Power Elite. Ock recently reverted back to villain status thanks to Mephisto. Venom is now making more appearances than even Norman Has. I mean the symbiote itself rather than it's current host Eddie Brock. Venom is now more anti-hero these days.

Astonishing Member

Guys, back in "Infinity Warps", Norman Osborn was merged with "The Werewolf", who is like an anti-hero. I didn't like that. Don't you think that, considering what we saw in the comics, it would have been perfect if Norman Osborn and Cletus Cassidy were actually merged as the Red Goblin in the Infinity Warps?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    The 2000s/2010s were a good time for Norman.
    I actually think part of that was due to Willem Dafoe's great performance in Spider-Man 1. Nobody really knew how scary and intimidating Norman and Goblin could be with that Joseph Cotten hairdo and the fright-mask, and then came Dafoe and suddenly everyone was like, "Oh i totally get it now".

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Toxin45 View Post
    Norman Osborn and Doctor Octopus were the definite big bads of the spiderverse being the main villain in more story arcs than any other villain but Venom was less of a big bad and more of a major villain turned anti-hero. Norman is now apart of an organization called Power Elite. Ock recently reverted back to villain status thanks to Mephisto. Venom is now making more appearances than even Norman Has. I mean the symbiote itself rather than it's current host Eddie Brock. Venom is now more anti-hero these days.
    Not sure how he found the time to be part of the Power Elite in Ta-Nehisi Coates's Captain America when last we saw him, his mind was so broken from the strain of the Carnage symbiote dying as it tried to bond with him again he thought he was Cletus Kasady. Then again, since he slipped off to parts unknown in the wake of Absolute Carnage, he could remember again at some point and rejoin them.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I actually think part of that was due to Willem Dafoe's great performance in Spider-Man 1. Nobody really knew how scary and intimidating Norman and Goblin could be with that Joseph Cotten hairdo and the fright-mask, and then came Dafoe and suddenly everyone was like, "Oh i totally get it now".
    I totally disagree.I read earlier that you started reading Spidey around the same time the Raimi film came out, so I understand why you think that way as that was your first impression of the character. Personally speaking, I like Dafoe, but I thought his interpretation was too campy. Not to mention he looked like a goofy Power-Rangers villain. Anyone who read ASM#39-40 when Norman unmasked Peter, ASM#121-122 ('The Night Gwen Stacy Died') or even 'Revelations' when he came back with that huge X scar on his chest and straght up murdered Ben Reilly and kidnapped (killed?) Peter's baby, they knew what a monster he was. So if you're talking from the non-comic reader's perspective, maybe. But for anyone who actually read the Spider-Man books on a regular basis, they had known Norman was the scariest aspect of the mythology going back decades.

Camp is good. Superheroes are inevitably campy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    I totally disagree.I read earlier that you started reading Spidey around the same time the Raimi film came out, so I understand why you think that way as that was your first impression of the character. Personally speaking, I like Dafoe, but I thought his interpretation was too campy. Not to mention he looked like a goofy Power-Rangers villain. Anyone who read ASM#39-40 when Norman unmasked Peter, ASM#121-122 ('The Night Gwen Stacy Died') or even 'Revelations' when he came back with that huge X scar on his chest and straght up murdered Ben Reilly and kidnapped (killed?) Peter's baby, they knew what a monster he was. So if you're talking from the non-comic reader's perspective, maybe. But for anyone who actually read the Spider-Man books on a regular basis, they had known Norman was the scariest aspect of the mythology going back decades.
    Not being exposed to the comics definitely made me appreciate Dafoe's Norman more. Though reading the comics after the movie came out did not diminish my liking for it. The other thing is it also made me a fan of Willem Dafoe as an actor. I actually started looking up and seeing movies he was in leading me to The Last Temptation of Christ, Light Sleeper, and other stuff he did before and since. He's a really great actor. Take The Lighthouse.

I must be in the minority for actually liking the costume of the movie. Mostly because the fight scenes are so bright...Tobey's red and blue versus the emerald green and yellow of the goblin. And Goblin is really terrifying at the right moments like that scene where he attacks Aunt May. That bright yellow of his eyes looks demonic there. I would never say that should be the costume of the comics or anything, but I think it worked in the movie. I certainly think it's a better look than say Ultimate Goblin.

And to me the final fight between Goblin and Spider-Man in that abandoned greenhouse is just aces. It was really shocking to see that much violence at the time. It's still among the best fight scenes in any superhero movie. You know, Dafoe's Norman Osborn kills more people in Spider-Man 1 than any other villain in any Spider-Man movie. More than Molina's Ock, Sandman, Topher-Venom, Lizard, Electro, Dane DeHaan Harry Goblin, Keaton Vulture, Jake Mysterio. He kills some 22 people in that one movie. To me Spider-Man 1 is the best of the movies. And it has the best plot. It's entirely a parallel origin story between Peter and Norman. And it's so much more deftly done. Because even though Peter and Norman know each other and meet one another before, that's not entirely overwriting their story. Dafoe's Norman would be Goblin without Spider-Man, Tobey's Peter would be Spider-Man without Goblin. That was laid out well. And the second half of the movie is basically a series of fight scenes and tense encounters between them, escalating slowly. First you have the Unity parade, then that scene at the Bugle, and then that warehouse fight where Goblin dresses as a woman and it's all flames. Then you have the Thanksgiving scene, and basically every Sony Spider-Man movie is based on redoing that scene. That entire moment where Tom Holland meets Vulture at his home...that's basically inspired by the Thanksgiving scene.

Where is Norman today? We really need him to swoop in and save us from the post-OMD world.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I really hope that in the next spiderman game Norman doesnt get overshadowed by the symbiotes.

Norman deserves to be a plot center as much as Otto and Venom, i would prefer that he takes the spotlight in the next game, we need a epic fight with the Green Goblin.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lapsus View Post
    I really hope that in the next spiderman game Norman doesnt get overshadowed by the symbiotes.

Norman deserves to be a plot center as much as Otto and Venom, i would prefer that he takes the spotlight in the next game, we need a epic fight with the Green Goblin.
    The only time we got that was Spider-Man the Movie, the game. That's the only time you really had several extended boss fights with Green Goblin.

Goblin is the most aerodynamic of Spider-Man's enemies. He keeps the webhead swinging high above and their fights are airborne.

I think you can do the symbiotes and introduce the Red Goblin.

iMan 42s

Norman had appearances and refferences in a couple of videogames.

-Spider-man: The movie, He is naturally the game'a big villain and the goblin is even playable in that (though as Harry which is a trait retained for Spider-man 3).
    -He then went on to appear in Ultimate Spider-man where he is depicted in his Ultimate incarnation though doesn't have much to do.
    -Norman and Harry are both playable in the game Spider-man:Friend or Foe. If memory serves, Green Goblin is an early boss.
    -While Spider-man:Web of Shadows does not depict him, it is worth mentioning that the glider enemies in the game stand in for him in a sense and Spidey even mistakes one for a goblin upon first sighting one.
    -He makes another appearance in his Noir incarnation in Spider-man:Edge of Time.
    -While he isn't the game's final boss, The Amazing Spider-man 2 actually possess plot elements from the film which includes battling Harry's Green Goblin.

So as far as the games go, Norman does make a few (and at least one mistaken for) appearances across the games. While Green Goblin generally isn't the big villain of the respective titles, he is a big deal when he shows up. If the sequel to Spider-man PS4 overlooks him in favor of building up the symbiotes I'm fine with it as he's appeared in a bunch of stuff already.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.