Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Default Red Hood: Outlaw #42 Preview / Discussion (Spoilers)

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

I haven't read in a while. Is this the first time she appears with her hair down? Ma Gunn

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    I haven't read in a while. Is this the first time she appears with her hair down? Ma Gunn
    First time in day cloths.
    Ma Gunn returned in RH:O #38. When Bizarro and Artemis found her, she was sleeping and therefore wearing a nightgown and having her hair down.
    During the Generation Outlaw arc there was also never time to change clothes.

So judging by the preview, it seems like Ma Gunn decided to not return to her old hairstyle.
    Maybe it's artistic freedom, maybe it's supposed to symbolize the emotional change Ma Gunn went through.
    Last edited by Sergard; 01-18-2020 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    First time in day cloths.
    Ma Gunn returned in RH:O #38. When Bizarro and Artemis found her, she was sleeping and therefore wearing a nightgown and having her hair down.
    During the Generation Outlaw arc there was also never time to change clothes.

So judging by the preview, it seems like Ma Gunn decided to not return to her old hairstyle.
    Maybe it's artistic freedom, maybe it's supposed to symbolize the emotional change Ma Gunn went through.
    Seems she hasn't told Jason that she's Willis' mother yet though. But, one thing at a time, I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Seems she hasn't told Jason that she's Willis' mother yet though. But, one thing at a time, I suppose.
    You are right. She only mentions the letters.
    Jason probably asked her about them. It's also the same room as in RHatO #23 where Jason read the letters. There's even a fire in the fireplace.
    I wonder if young Faye Gunn will have an appearance soon.

Art has a few inconsistences between panels, and I think I'm not a fan of how he draws hands. But otherwise, it looks nice. Reminds me a lot of Rocafort's, pronably because it's meant to be like his. And colour looks nice .

I feel like this issue is going to be a slow paced one, much like 19, centered around Jason and Artemis.

Pup pup speaks like my little brother xddddd.

Edit; huh, they're in NY now.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-18-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Art has a few inconsistences between panels, and I think I'm not a fan of how he draws hands. But otherwise, it looks nice. Reminds me a lot of Rocafort's, pronably because it's meant to be like his. And colour looks nice .

I feel like this issue is going to be a slow paced one, much like 19, centered around Jason and Artemis.

Pup pup speaks like my little brother xddddd.

Edit; huh, they're in NY now.
    Well, that's confusing.
    Maybe they moved the building out of Gotham?

Well, that's confusing.
    Maybe they moved the building out of Gotham?
    Maybe. Seems like a quiet place.
    Can the building jump places? Perhaps it's just where it "landed" in this universe again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Maybe. Seems like a quiet place.
    Can the building jump places? Perhaps it's just where it "landed" in this universe again.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Shay Veritas has the scientific knowledge to move buildings.
    At the moment it feels a little bit like Howl's moving castle (which is a great Ghibli movie, by the way). Although I don't think that there's a demon in the fireplace.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Or that is just Lobdell being cheeky and pushing the X-Men parallels as much as he can without getting into legal trouble.

Or DC wanted Jason out of Gotham because of 5G.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Or that is just Lobdell being cheeky and pushing the X-Men parallels as much as he can without getting into legal trouble.
    I looked where Xavier academy was often put, and it's not the same county (that's why I thought it wasn't a joke). But I guess it's very likely that.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Or DC wanted Jason out of Gotham because of 5G.
    Nah, the title itself of Generation Outlaw is an incredibly obvious callback to Lobdell's own Generation X.

I'd also like to mention that I think that Babe is incredibly adorable in the preview - a little scary, but also adorable.
    Bizarro meditating at a lake is a nice panel. It reminds me of RHatO #7 (the lake scene with Bizarro and Jason) and RHatO #37 (Bizarro meditating for the first time. "Me am namaste.").
    Ma Gunn's dress looks fancy - and a little bit like it belongs in a medieval fantasy universe, but still very fancy. I like it.