Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    Nah, the title itself of Generation Outlaw is an incredibly obvious callback to Lobdell's own Generation X.
    Perrhaps he hasn't read it? Don't have to act like a smartass dude.

The art reminds me a bit of Rocafort's art huh.

So, do you guys think this run will go beyond issue #50 (I'm assuming this will at least hit issue #50) or will they re-number it after that specific number?

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    Perhaps he hasn't read it? Don't have to act like a smartass dude.
    It's fine. I didn't consider Dark's comment smartass.
    But yeah, I have never read an X-Men comic in my whole life - or any other Marvel comic. Nevertheless I'm aware that there are supposed to be similarities between Generation Outlaw and some X-Men comics written by Lobdell. But since I don't know said X-Men comics, I also don't know the similarities. I also don't particularly care about those similarities as long as everything within the RH:O story makes sense and stays consistent - and as long as Jason doesn't end up wheelchair-bound with a bald head. The buzzcut was bad enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Eto View Post
    The art reminds me a bit of Rocafort's art huh.

So, do you guys think this run will go beyond issue #50 (I'm assuming this will at least hit issue #50) or will they re-number it after that specific number?
    I hope that the story continues beyond #50 but I'm not sure if #51 will be a thing.
    There are advantages in re-numbering. I don't know if there are really any big disadvantages (except that I'll probably be annoyed when looking for previews since there are already two runs named "Red Hood and the Outlaws").

Quote Originally Posted by Sergard View Post
    It's fine. I didn't consider Dark's comment smartass.
    But yeah, I have never read an X-Men comic in my whole life - or any other Marvel comic. Nevertheless I'm aware that there are supposed to be similarities between Generation Outlaw and some X-Men comics written by Lobdell. But since I don't know said X-Men comics, I also don't know the similarities. I also don't particularly care about those similarities as long as everything within the RH:O story makes sense and stays consistent - and as long as Jason doesn't end up wheelchair-bound with a bald head. The buzzcut was bad enough.

I hope that the story continues beyond #50 but I'm not sure if #51 will be a thing.
    There are advantages in re-numbering. I don't know if there are really any big disadvantages (except that I'll probably be annoyed when looking for previews since there are already two runs named "Red Hood and the Outlaws").
    Don't worry, Jason will be giving them lessons in classical literature.

Hilarious, for me, that the 90's is a period of the X books that I haven't read. I was a reader in the 80's and the very early 90's, and in the 00's, but not the time Lobdell was writing more there. They weren't selling those near where I lived (no comic shops here) and other stuff happened. So the little I know, I know beacause I read some Internet sources like wikipedia, mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Don't worry, Jason will be giving them lessons in classical literature.
    I'd read that.

Spectacular Member

Ma Gunn's dress looks fancy - and a little bit like it belongs in a medieval fantasy universe, but still very fancy. I like it.
    ...and Jason is a Knight protecting her?

Her dress looks a little bit too fancy for me though... not the medieval style, but the over-decorated jewelry

when Jason was "enrolled" in her school years ago, her hair & dress gave me a 1900-1910 feeling

Good issue. I love the slow pace.
    There are a few artistic details I didn't like but I think I'll reread the issue first before I state a final opinion.

Good issue. I love the slow pace.
    There are a few artistic details I didn't like but I think I'll reread the issue first before I state a final opinion.
    Right?
    I missed slow issues like this one. I hope the next one are like this one and not like the previous 3 or so, with their neck breaking pacing.

Astonishing Member

I laughed pretty hard that Lobdell is Sam & Diane-ing Jason and Artemis.

I didn't necessarily ship them at first but at this point I'm sort of like ... hardcore shipping them ... like where ironically given that DC is always mucking about with long-standing relationship stuff for everybody - Bat/Cat drama, whatever whatever mucking with Clark and Lois, or Arthur and Mera. Or even like, Tim and Steph being a thing but where the hell is Steph? But I feel like Red Hood could be the weird ironic book where you can actually sneak a full relationship-growth storyline in and then actually have it pay off. I also think it's weird and funny that of all the Bats, the only one who's actually gotten anywhere with an Amazon is Jason. I like the fun of that, actually. I mean there's been once-upon-a-time Batman/Wonder Woman tension that went nowhere because he's not Steve and she's not Selina and, types, frankly. Dick and Donna have somehow maintained platonic for 40 years (ignoring that Kory is basically some variation of Space Amazon). Tim and Cassie stuff was all just a dumb New 52 thing. Also they were apparently possessed by Satan? Man I can't remember it was dumb. The gist, they try it, it never works, but it works here, because Red Hood and Artemis are both such "cast off" characters. Dark horse, black sheep, always being spurned or viewed from the pious point-of-view whenever they turn up as supporting roles in their Mother and Father Titles.

Maybe it's just because I just woke up and I'm still a little loopy but I just want them to get married and have vigilante ginger babies and Jason to take her name but with a hyphen and be Todd-Grace and other awkward, hilarious situational comedy but also cool humanity you can get from the interaction.

Also, her relationship with Mistress ... she's sort of low-key the Thor of this universe, yeah?

Zen Bizarro interacting with Doom Kid seemed so obvious an interaction that I was like "oh god yeah, of course they should interact".

Fay is still great. I hope her granddaughter pops back up because Jason has a living cousin ... which means he has an aunt or an uncle somewhere, yeah? Who's the salvation bum? What's the apple metaphor/symbolism/hinting at? Surprisingly mature turn for Jay being as understanding of Wally's situation as he is, but then again ... Lobdell, yeah? Possibility of a Flash Forward/Red Hood mini-crossover?
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

It is pretty interesting that the "blackest of sheep" Jason would probably have the most developed romance with an Amazon of the entire Bat family. Though Dick and Donna are more like siblings then anything (prior to New52 at least).

And Babe in Arms is up to something with Biz.

And isn't Doom not a real villain anyway, just a kid at the wrong place at the wrong time? So him and Biz hitting it off like that is no surprise, and very cathartic.

And here's to hoping the Outlaws find Mistress soon. And to Jason and Artemis admitting what they feel.

I wonder if Cloud 9 is being a shipper about it all. Or is feeling a little put off, perhaps?

Remember that Artemis isn't even the first amazon Jason is interested in. I mean, Donna in Countdown. And then you have Moore writing pre-Crisis Jason looking at Wondie and Batman making a pun.

I mean, I think writers have managed to make him interested in strong women in general, unintentionally or not.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 01-23-2020 at 02:51 PM.

I imagine Bizarro is on to Babe, if he can hear into space I'm sure he can hear a whispering baby villain in the house. that kiss fake-out was funny, he got me, I didn't realize just how invested I was into the Jason/Artemis relationship until it seemed like it wasn't gonna happen.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Incredible Member Gotham citizen's Avatar

Decidedly this isn't the book I would love read in this moment, because I would prefer more realistic stories, but Lobdell is Lobdell and he know how to do his job, so I enjoy the same this book: it is like a breath of fresh air among the various titles I'm following.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaresh View Post
    Remember that Artemis isn't even the first amazon Jason is interested in. I mean, Donna in Countdown. And then you have Moore writing pre-Crisis Jason looking at Wondie and Batman making a pun.

I mean, I think writers have managed to make him interested in strong women in general, unintentionally or not.
    Very true. And Amazons in particular at that. Pre-Crisis, he and Donna were amicable (and while as Robin, I would almost say friends), perhaps developed a slight crush on Diana in "For the Man Who Has Everything", and now Artemis. I think the only main Amazons left are Hippolyta and Cassandra Sandsmark for him to meet. Plus Jason has also teamed up with, if only for a short time, Supergirl as well.

The only non-powered girls I know of are Isabella and maybe Rose? Does Rose have the enhancements? Still though.