Default "National Treasure 3" Gets Greenlit

Variety reports that National Treasure 3 has been greenlit at Disney, with Jerry Bruckheimer attached to produce and Chris Bremner (Bad Boys For Life) set to write the script. The first two films starred Nicholas Cage alongside Justin Bartha, Diane Kruger, Harvey Keitel, and Jon Voight. No word yet on whether or not any of the principles will return, but it seems unlikely they’d continue a franchise that was always a Nic Cage vehicle without Nic Cage.
    https://io9.gizmodo.com/national-tre...cre-1841081376

Incredible Member

I actually want to see a National Treasure 3. The films were surprisingly entertaining. I don't think anyone thought the first film was going to be good when it was first being promoted, I know I didn't.

BANNED

are they gonna steal trump's gold toilet?

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    are they gonna steal trump's gold toilet?
    Or his W-2

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I could honestly see them bringing in new lead characters and just having Cage in a small supporting role. Cage has been become too much of a punch line these days to lead a big blockbuster, but having him return in a supporting role sort of handing off the torch to the new cast could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    I could honestly see them bringing in new lead characters and just having Cage in a small supporting role. Cage has been become too much of a punch line these days to lead a big blockbuster, but having him return in a supporting role sort of handing off the torch to the new cast could work.
    Then what is literally the point of having it be a sequel instead of making it its own heist movie?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Well how long ago was the last movie, as if it were long enough ago they could always have Cage's characters kid or something rather than retread everything from the first two...

Well, the gap between part 2 and 3 (assuming its made within 2 years) will be about the same as the gap between Bad Boys 2 and 3. The gap looks even better when compared to Bill & Ted 2 (Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey) and Bill & Ted 3 (Bill & Ted Face the Music coming out this year).

It doesn't matter if Cage does primarily direct to DVD/blu-ray movies now or is a punchline, if he's back it will make money. It doesn't mean Cage is some box office draw overall, it means he's a draw with this series. Brendan Fraser is for all intents and purposes retired, you think it wouldn't be big deal if he returned for a Mummy 4?

Pleeeease bring back Diane Kruger
    Original join date: sometime in 2002

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Nic Cage or bust, tbh. He's so great.