Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Default What will happen with Martian Manhunter after Snyder´s Justice League?

Am I the only one worried about the Martian? Because Venditti recently said his story doesn´t need Martian Manhunter, solicits don´t mention him, he doesn´t appear on covers only variant covers, nothing from Hawkgirl too, but the roster is almost the same, only without MMH, Hawkgirl and Cyborg. Venditti´s roster: Trinity + Flash and John Stewart + guests I think as Madame Xanadu.

His maxi series ends this January, so... if Venditti doesn´t want to use him, there will be at least a new Martian Manhunter regular series or someone plans use him in some new group or something?

For me, Justice League without Martian Manhunter isn´t really Justice League, indeed JL series I dislike the most has been the ones without him, as JL New 52! or JL Rebirth 2016 pre Snyder´s JL.

I don't think he's going to fade into the background like he did before, or replaced by Cyborg again.

Heck, he might survive into 5G given J'onn's constitution.

BANNED

I mean if they didn't have plans for him they wouldn't have brought him back to life from Lex's body

BANNED

Personally he’s done nothing for me in the JL book. The whole chairman thing felt forced after No Justice. I also don’t like the idea of Batman constantly nominating people for roles and then just getting it like that. The whole power structure concept I’m not keen on.

I always though J’onn was supposed to be older then everyone? But he’s conveniently Luthor’s age, and can conveniently reproduce even though we’ve see him naked before. No idea how that works

The only time I really enjoyed him Post-Flashpoint was at the start of his own series, and some of the stuff Johns teased at in his JL run

Quote Originally Posted by MadFacedKid View Post
    Personally he’s done nothing for me in the JL book. The whole chairman thing felt forced after No Justice. I also don’t like the idea of Batman constantly nominating people for roles and then just getting it like that. The whole power structure concept I’m not keen on.

I always though J’onn was supposed to be older then everyone? But he’s conveniently Luthor’s age, and can conveniently reproduce even though we’ve see him naked before. No idea how that works

The only time I really enjoyed him Post-Flashpoint was at the start of his own series, and some of the stuff Johns teased at in his JL run
    I like J'onn as Chairman. It feels overdue, at least going by League history and not the New 52.

I don't get the point about him reproducing? Him having kids was part of his origin when his family was killed by the White Martians.

Hopefull we'll be part of the Justice Society

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I like J'onn as Chairman. It feels overdue, at least going by League history and not the New 52.

I don't get the point about him reproducing? Him having kids was part of his origin when his family was killed by the White Martians.
    The kid thing is just a gripe. It’s another thing that puts me off about J’onn. I don’t even like it in fiction to be honest, at all, that aliens just so happen to always be able to reproduce with humans. It just feels “convenient” which is how I’d describe Snyder’s run on the JL book. A lot of the stuff he did to me was more “just convenient” then grabbing an actual reaction. That whole Lex/J’onn thing that was played really heavily in his run being a big example of that. Snyder is a good writer but he tends to have a lot of moments like that in his writing where everything just conveniently gets tied together and connected when it doesn’t have to be. I feel like it just cheapens the story. I didn’t like it when Hitch did it either in his JL runs

I don’t dislike the character but I’m pretty indifferent to him. I don’t think he’s the soul or heart of the league either. I think the League would do fine whether he’s on it or not.
    Last edited by MadFacedKid; 01-18-2020 at 07:20 PM.