Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome men don't lose fights View Post
    Complaining about complaint threads is stupid. In order to read them, you have to manually click on them. Voluntary participation, 100%. "'Drat! A fellow frequenter of this board has opined in a manner I find disagreeable! As such, I shall harangue his beliefs and call into question his character and intellect! Have no fear that my spiticeous lack of decorum will in any way contribute to the unhappy and quarrelsome state of this board, for I am in the right! Now harden your resolve and sally forth, lads! Victory awaits those who extoll their manly exhuberance! Doubt not the cause, less ye be thought a girl!*"

*Sorry. It's not authentic sounding Victorian without any pointless sexism!
    It’s strange to me that some posters don’t understand this concept. You know who the anti-DOX posters are and 9 times out of 10 you can tell by the thread title you’re not gonna like the opinion presented so its weird that people still click and willingly engage in the same debates they claim to be sick of having.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    I prefer to think they are stuck in their personal social media heavy Groundhogs Day
    Ahhh! This seems to be the most plausible reason... given the medium. Yes. Let's go with that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ninpuu - Shinobi Change! Striderblack01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Tycon posted this in another thread (and I believe pk commented on it) but I wanted to bring it to the fore because I think it opens up a timely discussion.

I personally agree with him. For me, I'll pick up the books I love and though I would like to follow the adventures of all the mutants, I tend to stick to what I love and get info from all of you great people on the titles I don't follow.

I appreciate the time and effort being put into the X-Line and though the new status quo and individual titles are not for everyone, IMO the line has been revitalized and it shows through all the great discussions. Something for everyone to enjoy, at least that's the stated goal. And it's my great wish that people get to enjoy what they enjoy.

Thoughts? Presents? Donations?

This. Man. Gets it!

Don't like it, don't buy it.
    Criticism is fine, but a sea of incessant close-minded whining hijacking every thread is not.

It's not hard, guys.
    The Milkshake Boom
    Quite possibly the greatest movie podcast ever made!
    (But probably not)

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post

This. Man. Gets it!

Criticism is fine, but a sea of incessant close-minded whining hijacking every thread is not.

It's not hard, guys.
    Honestly this is a good break down of what Hickman tweeted...
    Buuuuuut the fact that he felt the need to tweet, and people are echoing his sentiment of something SOOOOOOOO fvckin obvious Those people who need to hear it are shoving pearls in their ears
    GrindrStone(D)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    It’s strange to me that some posters don’t understand this concept. You know who the anti-DOX posters are and 9 times out of 10 you can tell by the thread title you’re not gonna like the opinion presented so its weird that people still click and willingly engage in the same debates they claim to be sick of having.
    Check the title thread again. Also, I know “silent majority” arguments are tired. But some of us check these threads to talk about characters or treat as a news source, and even better if we can talk About the books. I like to do that, but a lot of times the toxic fandom thing is way, way out of line or lacking anything close to perspective.

I don't post often and I’d love to be all “moral high ground” and say I post to provide perspective. Sometimes that’s true. A lot of times it just feels like the few times I do post I’m just parenting and don’t want TF crap in my space. while some want to hold the books to a higher standard (fair or not) I want us a to higher standard. And god forbid we have fun with this now marvel’s giving xbooks a second thought and actual effort (I’ll give it up Maddy Pryor any day).

Let’s be better than Star Wars fans, at the very least?

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Honestly this is a good break down of what Hickman tweeted...
    Buuuuuut the fact that he felt the need to tweet, and people are echoing his sentiment of something SOOOOOOOO fvckin obvious Those people who need to hear it are shoving pearls in their ears
    He made the comics, of course he anticipated the reactions they will generate… He is not so naive. I think the worst for an author is for his works to be received with indifference.
    If his work were unambiguous, he couldn't have anything to add…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Striderblack01 View Post

This. Man. Gets it!

It's not hard, guys.
    I’m very appreciative of the different threads where before there was a lot of hijacking and it seemed to go through every thread. So the designated places are nice.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Zelena View Post
    He made the comics, of course he anticipated the reactions they will generate… He is not so naive. I think the worst for an author is for his works to be received with indifference.
    If his work were unambiguous, he couldn't have anything to add…
    He’s not speaking of just his work though, he’s speaking of the whole line. And these tweets were released after a week of new announcements, specifically right after Vita’s announcement, so I felt he was actually defending the other creators.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

I don't know why people are skewing what Hickman is saying to act like he's speaking on his work. The last line of the Tweet is a pretty clear indicator that he is referring to people's reaction to some of the titles. Hellions and Children of the Atom both have had a "why is this being made" kind of response, and if they aren't for you, then you don't have to get them. No need to be rude to the creators behind it, just because it doesn't interest you.

I liked Hickman's tweet. I usually don't like it when creators sound off on fans or lecture fans (even when at times they may be right because it just comes off as elitist - plus I think they dislike us anyway especially those of us who post on the boards because we are critical and spirited and often don't do the "bro" speak - meaning we tend to communicate differently than they do).

I generally feel that Hickman's tweets are good natured and usually trolls not in a mean spirited way. I didn't see much negativity so maybe he was just trying to preemptively stomp it.

The line is big but not too big. It allows each of us to enjoy the books and characters that we want and provide a little bit of something for everyone. That should be a good thing.

I enjoy all the books but only purchase X-men and X-force. I read the others in the store (forget pirate sites, if you are able go to the store and read them there like we did in the olden days). I've never felt like I had to spend a lot of money on comic books. Even though I am capable, I never liked to spend more than 15 dollars a month on comics (though I am sure there are times I have but not too much more than that).

I agree with Hickman. And the constant negativity from some fans is not about sharing a point of view. In my eyes, it's borderline trolling.
    Anyway, my life got better when a moderator told me there was an "ignore list option" on this very forum.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    I sometimes go onto threads just for the debate, even if I know my opinion won't be taken kindly. It's why you sometimes see me on threads telling people that Krakoa is a weird cult.

That being said, I'm still enjoying the ride Hickman is taking us on and I'm having fun with my interpretation of the story.

And then you have the people who are not only not enjoying the story, but who are just incredibly rude. I'm not sure what these people want, really.

After the toxic and virulent reactions that were on Twitter for Children of the Atom, I understand Hickman's message.

I understand that this comic is made to attract new young readers and most of those who are here are not not its target audience. Am I interested in Children of the Atom? Not much, but I'm not going to ask for its cancellation because that's stupid an mean sprited.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    I don't know why people are skewing what Hickman is saying to act like he's speaking on his work. The last line of the Tweet is a pretty clear indicator that he is referring to people's reaction to some of the titles. Hellions and Children of the Atom both have had a "why is this being made" kind of response, and if they aren't for you, then you don't have to get them. No need to be rude to the creators behind it, just because it doesn't interest you.
    That this even Needs to be said and isn't obvious….

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    After the toxic and virulent reactions that were on Twitter for Children of the Atom, I understand Hickman's message.

I understand that this comic is made to attract new young readers and most of those who are here are not not its target audience. Am I interested in Children of the Atom? Not much, but I'm not going to ask for its cancellation because that's stupid an mean sprited.
    Are people mad about Children of the Atom just because of Vita? Because she's been awesome on Morbius.