Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    When it’s the same point being brought up multiple times like each thread ain’t saying the same exact thing, then it can be both of what you mentioned. Multiple threads about Krakoa being a cult is annoying, but it’s also wrong. Saying Krakoa is killing Death while just being disingenuous about the book’s actual content is annoying, but also wrong.
    Also, that Jason Aaron thing was so silly. Even ignoring that panel’s content, Death already told Ben Riley that resurrections aren't a problem for her because each time a person revives, their soul weakens, and too many times will break their soul and they can’t be revived again—meaning she’ll get them eventually. She was there to warn Ben about this and even showed him his soul charred and cracked. So, I don’t know why Jason Aaron decided to even bring this stupid thing up.

And I like this version over whatever Aaron has written because it ties in nicely to the rest of the Marvel Universe as well as making a possible fun story with the protocols.

Aaron being Aaron.

EDIT: Sorry, she warned him too many revives would contaminate his soul. I think that’s different.
    Last edited by KangMiRae; 01-18-2020 at 12:32 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Saw it said elsewhere:
    How about also reminding the fanboys that just because someone likes the DoX books, they shouldn't act like everyone else has to or be banished from the fandom?

Seriously, there's a lot of 'all negativity must be purged and everyone complaining is automatically wrong and a terrible person'.

When he's saying things like "The goal of the X-office is to build a line where every kind of X-fan can have a book they like" ...he doesn't get to complain when those left out vent their frustration.
    Huh? That's not what's happening at all. You have a small vocal minority that keeps trying to push the narrative that the X-Men are villians/Nazis since HoX started and the majority of posters have been more than cordial with their rebuttals on that topic but when you have the same old criticisms being recycled every week even when said criticism become more and more unlikely as each issue rolls out it can get tiring.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Also, that Jason Aaron thing was so silly. Even ignoring that panel’s content, Death already told Ben Riley that resurrections aren't a problem for her because each time a person revives, their soul weakens, and too many times will break their soul and they can’t be revived again—meaning she’ll get them eventually. She was there to warn Ben about this and even showed him his soul charred and cracked. So, I don’t know why Jason Aaron decided to even bring this stupid thing up.

And I like this version over whatever Aaron has written because it ties in nicely to the rest of the Marvel Universe as well as making a possible fun story with the protocols.

Aaron being Aaron.
    Now that sounds dope and interesting. Mutants, use your extra lives/1-up's wisely!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I haven't looked too much at the moment but I haven't seen that many threads about the X-men being a cult or fascist. Isn't there only one active and open?
    And the only one about 'killing the entire MU' I saw had to do with the plot of Jane Foster's book.
    Yeah we had all kinds of accusations, some going on at the same time. From cult to fascist nation to fascist cult to universal destroyers

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Now that sounds dope and interesting. Mutants, use your extra lives/1-up's wisely!
    I made a mistake remembering. She said too many revives would contaminate his soul. I think that’s different. Still not a good thing for people, and also emphasizes how important death is in the universe. You need to pass on eventually. It’s a part of nature otherwise your soul is corrupt.

Hickman's very much right to make these comments.

On the other constant note... I think the current X-books contain intentionally questionable activities specifically written to make the readers think about the actions the mutants are taking. The fact that some people on this board accept and revel in these questionable activities without question is giving me great cause for pause. If some people aren't seeing anything wrong and are enjoying the books, OK. If you're seeing things that are problematic/questionable but you're still enjoying the books, OK, too. There's room for dialogue and discourse, not being shut down and canceled because you don't agree that the mutants are wonderful now and doing everything right. Also there's almost certainly no way Hickman is writing this as the be-all and end-all of what the X-Men & mutants in general are and will always be from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I made a mistake remembering. She said too many revives would contaminate his soul. I think that’s different. Still not a good thing for people, and also emphasizes how important death is in the universe. You need to pass on eventually. It’s a part of nature otherwise your soul is corrupt.
    It'd be interesting if this was addressed in X-Factor and it could be one of the many concerns as to why they don't want copies out there. Of course I'm sure we'll end up with a copy or two or ten.

only this board makes me feel like just buying 1 or 2 books you like and reading the other 70 on marvel unlimited later for krakoantinuity is a radical strategy

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Hickman's very much right to make these comments.

On the other constant note... I think the current X-books contain intentionally questionable activities specifically written to make the readers think about the actions the mutants are taking. The fact that some people on this board accept and revel in these questionable activities without question is giving me great cause for pause. If some people aren't seeing anything wrong and are enjoying the books, OK. If you're seeing things that are problematic/questionable but you're still enjoying the books, OK, too. There's room for dialogue and discourse, not being shut down and canceled because you don't agree that the mutants are wonderful now and doing everything right. Also there's almost certainly no way Hickman is writing this as the be-all and end-all of what the X-Men & mutants in general are and will always be from now on.
    I guess I don't quite see this happening but if people feel they are being shut down, that's valid. I think being "shut down" is often equated with not being able to convince someone to agree with your side. I get it, some feel it is a cult but trying to convince everyone else that it is probably won't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Tycon posted this in another thread (and I believe pk commented on it) but I wanted to bring it to the fore because I think it opens up a timely discussion.

I personally agree with him. For me, I'll pick up the books I love and though I would like to follow the adventures of all the mutants, I tend to stick to what I love and get info from all of you great people on the titles I don't follow.

I appreciate the time and effort being put into the X-Line and though the new status quo and individual titles are not for everyone, IMO the line has been revitalized and it shows through all the great discussions. Something for everyone to enjoy, at least that's the stated goal. And it's my great wish that people get to enjoy what they enjoy.

Thoughts? Presents? Donations?
    Hickman saying to read the book people are interested.

but they are all so interconnected and there will be crossovers

so basically a huge *shrug*

Lol, he’s trying to tell X-fans to not be obnoxious. That’s all X-fans know how to do :x

An uphill battle.
    Lmao, right.

I know they getting on his last nerve.

I'd say something about the "every kind of X-fan" part, but to be honest that's a fair qualifier, because Marvel's made sure I'm not an X-fan. At least within the wheelhouse Marvel puts out. So no point looking to see if the X-books have anything you'll like if you're not already an X-fan in the sense they mean.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

His last point is most relevant re: Fallen Angels.

That book is AMAZING yet all I hear is the most ridiculously dismissive negativity. Psh.

Like I don't care for Excalibur, at all, but I don't go around bashing the book or thinking "noone can like it". I recognize the kinds of fans it's meant to appeal to
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

Amazing Member

I would be very content if there was one ongoing X book that I like. So I feel incredibly lucky that there are four X books that I really enjoy!!! Like for real, how cool is that!

And not that valid criticisms aren't valid. But I don't feel the need to make them towards the two books I don't enjoy. I'm too busy enjoying the books I do like, and totally don't want to **** on the books I don't like, because I know others deeply appreciate and enjoy them. I also know, that everything gets reset every couple of years and that if at some point I'm not digging the direction Dawn of X is going, I can just hop off, and try again when a new creative team takes over.

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to have an opinion on everything, and furthermore, I don't need to share my opinion about everything. The world doesn't need to hear me complain every time I don't like something.

It's a real bummer how consistently negative and cynical some people choose to be on these boards. It seems to stem from one of the two things. Either life just beat you down so hard and so often, that it just becomes some sort of defense mechanism, or that people are just so invested in their idea of fictional characters, that it's become their life.

Hobbies should be fun!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mozzle View Post

The older I get, the more I realize I don't need to have an opinion on everything, and furthermore, I don't need to share my opinion about everything. The world doesn't need to hear me complain every time I don't like something.
    Well said, all of it. But the above? Great wisdom here.