Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Are people mad about Children of the Atom just because of Vita? Because she's been awesome on Morbius.
    No, because there are new characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    No, because there are new characters.
    New characters when we have a ton of already existing characters fans want back, repeating a cycle of creating more and more wallpaper while blaming fans whenever things go wrong.

As for Hellions, I can see why some people would be mad that they're using the name of a team people would be looking forward to seeing back only for it to have nothing to do with any version of said team. Like some cheap trick to try and lure in fans of either old team.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    New characters when we have a ton of already existing characters fans want back, repeating a cycle of creating more and more wallpaper while blaming fans whenever things go wrong.

As for Hellions, I can see why some people would be mad that they're using the name of a team people would be looking forward to seeing back only for it to have nothing to do with any version of said team. Like some cheap trick to try and lure in fans of either old team.
    The point with the first is ...

If you want to attract young audiences, you need new characters. Because young characters like Pixie were created before the readers they were looking for were born. The reader who wants to see these types of characters is no longer young. WE are not young. That comic is literally not made for us. That's Hickman's message.

If you want to attract young audiences, you need new characters. Because young characters like Pixie were created before the readers they were looking for were born. The reader who wants to see these types of characters is no longer young. WE are not young. That comic is literally not made for us. That's Hickman's message.
    And as I said earlier, if Hickman wants to also say they're making books for "Every kind of X-fan"...then he really shouldn't be surprised when the X-fans that haven't gotten their book get frustrated. Especially when there's history of those fans not getting their book and getting told instead to read things not for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I sometimes go onto threads just for the debate, even if I know my opinion won't be taken kindly. It's why you sometimes see me on threads telling people that Krakoa is a weird cult.

That being said, I'm still enjoying the ride Hickman is taking us on and I'm having fun with my interpretation of the story.

And then you have the people who are not only not enjoying the story, but who are just incredibly rude. I'm not sure what these people want, really.
    I appreciate you saying this. There's an obvious difference between people genuinely questioning the status quo, and those that just pop into a thread and pee all over the walls.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

My thing has always been let's wait and see. We didn't know Jamie Braddock and Pete Wisdom would be in Excalibur, nor that Brian would play a big role in the first arc. Forge wasn't heavily advertised in X-Force yet he's played a big role in the last 2 issues. Or that Synch, Darwin, and Laura would be showing up in the main title, nevermind Petra and Sway.

Let's see where the river flows before we get mad, no?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    My thing has always been let's wait and see. We didn't know Jamie Braddock and Pete Wisdom would be in Excalibur, nor that Brian would play a big role in the first arc. Forge wasn't heavily advertised in X-Force yet he's played a big role in the last 2 issues. Or that Synch, Darwin, and Laura would be showing up in the main title, nevermind Petra and Sway.

I 100% agree with you. It's a mature thought.
    But some x-fans are immature 40 old guys with obsessions. And you can't make them grow up. They just get old. Like their rants.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Thing is, the wait and see approach requires some good will and for a lot of people the X-office has used that good will up. So being wary of things is to be expected. Especially when they have to deal with other fans attacking them for showing any sign of negativity at all.

I'll give this Children of the Atom book a chance like I did all the others...but I don't have high hopes for it. Seen things play out the same way too many times to not think it'll play out similarly. If it doesn't, pleasant surprise but like I said...so far I'm not predicting good things.

This doesn't make sense, new readers doesn't need new characters

Quote Originally Posted by spirit2011 View Post
    This doesn't make sense, new readers doesn't need new characters
    Definitely have to agree there.
    If new readers needed new characters its time to throw out Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, etc...

Definitely have to agree there.
    If new readers needed new characters its time to throw out Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops, etc...
    Very often new chaarcters have a harder time to stick around.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

And as I said earlier, if Hickman wants to also say they're making books for "Every kind of X-fan"...then he really shouldn't be surprised when the X-fans that haven't gotten their book get frustrated. Especially when there's history of those fans not getting their book and getting told instead to read things not for them.
    That frustration they feel is of their own doing. That's on those X-fans who think and believe that Comic book writers are and should be writing fan-specific/demanded stories catering specifically to their personal wants and desires.

THAT has never...ever...been the case.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I agree: each name is like a brand. A promise to reconnect with some that is already known, that is familiar. And the promise is always a disappointment because it is always different. Different comic artist, different comic author or just someone that comes up with new ideas. After this 'mourning', the thing is to know if that newness can be appreciated. Well, more you age, more you have to do this gymnastics…
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    That frustration they feel is of their own doing. That's on those X-fans who think and believe that Comic book writers are and should be writing fan-specific/demanded stories catering specifically to their personal wants and desires.

THAT has never...ever...been the case.
    You're entirely wrong.
    If you're trying to sell someone something, you'd be an idiot to not pay attention to what they're telling you they want. Not to mention that they're claiming they're making things for every X-fan so its on them when they leave some people out and those people are unhappy about it.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

You're entirely wrong.
    If you're trying to sell someone something, you'd be an idiot to not pay attention to what they're telling you they want. Not to mention that they're claiming they're making things for every X-fan so its on them when they leave some people out and those people are unhappy about it.
    And you keep believing that...and certain fans will continue to be frustrated because their somewhat lofty and entitled expectations will never be met, because...in the entire history of the X-Men and of Comics in general fan-expectations have never been met, 100%.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!