Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Message from Hickman regarding the X-Books

Tycon posted this in another thread (and I believe pk commented on it) but I wanted to bring it to the fore because I think it opens up a timely discussion.

I personally agree with him. For me, I'll pick up the books I love and though I would like to follow the adventures of all the mutants, I tend to stick to what I love and get info from all of you great people on the titles I don't follow.

I appreciate the time and effort being put into the X-Line and though the new status quo and individual titles are not for everyone, IMO the line has been revitalized and it shows through all the great discussions. Something for everyone to enjoy, at least that's the stated goal. And it's my great wish that people get to enjoy what they enjoy.

Thoughts? Presents? Donations?
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Lol, he’s trying to tell X-fans to not be obnoxious. That’s all X-fans know how to do :x

An uphill battle.

BANNED

What else can be said, except that he's right
    If the X-Books were dedicated to building up to Hickman's plots, people would complain anyway. It's good that there's in an attempt to actually turn the line into something big enough that they can put books on the market for more than one kind of person.
    "But what about MY sense of how an organized and cohesive line of books should be?" Well, you can shove it, for starters. The idea is simply that you don't have to read every book, only the ones that resonate with you. What Hickman says he planned for isn't just about telling a specific story with an endgame in mind (which he has, due to the fact that he has contingencies in case things don't go his way), it's about changing what an X-Men book means going forward, so the franchise can keep being relevant. Therefore, the books are published in a way that even the entitled crowd, and their sense of what cohesion and good art are, shouldn't be disturbed.

Quote Originally Posted by PrezValentine View Post
    What else can be said, except that he's right
    If the X-Books were dedicated to building up to Hickman's plots, people would complain anyway. It's good that there's in an attempt to actually turn the line into something big enough that they can put books on the market for more than one kind of person.
    "But what about MY sense of how an organized and cohesive line of books should be?" Well, you can shove it, for starters. The idea is simply that you don't have to read every book, only the ones that resonate with you. What Hickman says he planned for isn't just about telling a specific story with an endgame in mind (which he has, due to the fact that he has contingencies in case things don't go his way), it's about changing what an X-Men book means going forward, so the franchise can keep being relevant. Therefore, the books are published in a way that even the entitled crowd, and their sense of what cohesion and good art are, shouldn't be disturbed.
    100% agreed, especially the bold. I'm grateful that the characters most of us grew up with are in the spotlight again in a big way. I'm enjoying the ride immensely.

Dawn of X is not having the kind of reception he was expecting.
    And he can't blame anyone besides himself. Because fans gave a chance to all the titles, but some of them haven't show quality consistency.
    So it's natural people not recommend them to other readers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    And he can't blame anyone besides himself. Because fans gave a chance to all the titles, but some of them haven't show quality consistency.
    Aren't sales good? I think that people who do not like DoX complain a lot louder than people who do, that's why it doesn't look like it's getting the best reception, at least on the boards.

That's not at all what he was saying. He was literally agreeing with you and saying not all comics are for everyone so if you don't like a certain X-Book (or the amount being published) don't buy 'em all.

I'm not sure you know what he's talking about. This is about people complaining about there being too many books(and the implication being that they're upset about that because they're assuming they have to buy them all), or that the new book is useless and shouldn't exist because it doesn't add to the bigger narrative or sumn.

What message to the x-books?

Saw it said elsewhere:
    How about also reminding the fanboys that just because someone likes the DoX books, they shouldn't act like everyone else has to or be banished from the fandom?

Seriously, there's a lot of 'all negativity must be purged and everyone complaining is automatically wrong and a terrible person'.

When he's saying things like "The goal of the X-office is to build a line where every kind of X-fan can have a book they like" ...he doesn't get to complain when those left out vent their frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Saw it said elsewhere:
    How about also reminding the fanboys that just because someone likes the DoX books, they shouldn't act like everyone else has to or be banished from the fandom?

Seriously, there's a lot of 'all negativity must be purged and everyone complaining is automatically wrong and a terrible person'.

When he's saying things like "The goal of the X-office is to build a line where every kind of X-fan can have a book they like" ...he doesn't get to complain when those left out vent their frustration.
    Initiate Fragile X-Ego Defense Task Force!

Any and all dissenting views will be purged!

Saw it said elsewhere:

Here's the thing. We've seen from the polls on this board that the majority on here are enjoying the books, or at least aren't viewing the mutants as supremacists.
    And yet, we had thread after thread asking if the mutants are evil, a cult, or if DOX just sucks all around.

BANNED

Saw it said elsewhere:

The fact that you're trying to deflect from the main topic is justification enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Here's the thing. We've seen from the polls on this board that the majority on here are enjoying the books, or at least aren't viewing the mutants as supremacists.
    And yet, we had thread after thread asking if the mutants are evil, a cult, or if DOX just sucks all around.
    So what? Lol. Let people discuss it if they want. It’s an open forum.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Posters: make thread after thread about how Hickman's writing is turning the X-Men into Nazis
    Also posters: Hickman has to step up for us

Amazing.