Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I definitely want Earth 2 Dick Grayson back with Helena Wayne Huntress. I want the PG/Huntress friendship back and I want to see more of the Earth 2 Roy Harper than we got to see under Roy Thomas.

They should bring back the All Star Squadron as well.

I also want to see the Depression Era Crimson Avenger that debuted 5 issues before Batman.

detective-22.jpg
    Last edited by docmidnite; 01-19-2020 at 03:36 PM.

Fantastic Member wickedmountain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    I really want Helena, Power Girl, Val, Alan scott and Dick Grayson
    Me too Definitely Helena I love the Huntress character and all of the rest above

Fantastic Member wickedmountain's Avatar

Yes I want Infinity INC To ,and hell yes to PG/Huntress friendship World's finest went downhill after dropping PG and Huntress together .

Val Zod with a side of Val Zod
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Incredible Member

More "down to Earth" adventures and crime fighting. Let the Justice League handle to cosmic stuff.

Astonishing Member

The original JSA in the 1940's alongside the All-Star Squadron.

Dick Grayson replacing Bruce (either as Batman or as Nightwing) in the 1960's

Infinity Inc (with Helena, Power Girl and Jesse Chambers) in the 1970's

Jack Knight in the 1990's

Courtney, Cyclone, Tomcat, JJ Thunder, a new Dr Fate, Pietr Cross and others (Kendra? kids of the Infintors?) forming a new team in the late 2010's

Boisterously Confused

I'd love to see Earth 2 as the place where DC experiments with realistic time progression. Now that Astro City is gone, I yearn for a title that can jump around in time, and dare to let individual character stories end (excepting, of course, those characters that can reasonably be written as immortal).

Incredible Member

Dick as Batman
    Stars ‘n Stripes

BANNED

Power Girl and Val Zod again in a relationship

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Power Girl & Huntress not known as the former Supergirl & Robin first thing second, Frankenstein Agent of S.H.A.D.E as part of Earth 2 then this should be a given all the Golden Age characters from the DCU
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Things that don't happen in the main universe and different characters than the main universe
    If Helena Wayne doesn't exist on Earth-0 then she should be the main character on Earth-2
    If JSA is on Earth-0 then they shouldn't have the same people on Earth-2
    Val-Zod
    Dick and Babs' kids

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Dick and Babs' kids
    Babs isn't an E-2 character.

I would like to see a more classic representation of earth 2, more close to the Golden age. But also I would like to see ideas like Val-Zod adapted to that reality.

But I suppose that depends a lot on how the characters of the JSA are represented in earth 0.
    Also, we must accept than the conditions of the original earth 2 have changed. Earth two (the original idea) was a way to keep in action the original characters, like jay Garrick and Alan Scott. But having them in active in the main earth, the purpose of that earth should be different. And that is the challenge. What would be the leit motive of an earth 2 title?: Show a world where the trinity was active in WW2 only? SHow a world where The JSA never retired? A world where time passes like the real world? Show a world where the JSA is active in the 40s?

In any waym an earth 2 title must show the characters different and familiar enogh from the characters appearing in the main earth.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Yes, she is. She died though.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Depends if we're talking Silver Age Earth Two which contained the Golden Age characters (JSA, All-Star Squadron) or the nu52 Earth 2 which contained modern versions of the original characters. Personally, I'd be against most Earth 2 characters that are versions of those who appeared on Earth 1 first like Barbara Gordon. Exceptions are characters like Stargirl, Cyclone, and legacies of JSA related folks.

Earth 2's main reason for being has always been the home of the Alan GL and Jay Flash. That, except for the nu52 has included a longer history of superheroes and multiple generations. Nu52 Earth 2 didn't reflect this, instead using basically an alternate Justice League. If Earth 2 is ever used again, I'd rather it be based on the Silver Age Earth Two world. Paul Levitz and Gerry Conway restarted the All-Star run and Roy Thomas took it from there. If it were my call, I'd change the world to better reflect decades of superheroics and their effects on culture, science, and governments. Power Girl and Helena Wayne are musts. The eighties legacies and Val Zod are also welcome.

The beauty of an Earth 2 that isn't locked into our Earth or whatever DC's calling their main Earth this week is that dates no longer matter. If super heroes have changed history enough, especially culturally, it can be 1985, 2005, or 2025 and no one needs worry about fashion. Just pick a year where the generations work out (like with Infinity, Inc.) and go from there.

But I'd stick with the original Earth Two with Val Zod thrown in.