Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Fantastic Member wickedmountain's Avatar

Default Earth 2 it comes back as a ongoing comic , what would you like to see ?

For me all the major earth 2 characters , not sure who else .

Helena Wayne reuniting with Damian in a crossover. I really liked the thing they had going, brief though it was.

ok now this is gonna sound weird given the fact that DC is doing a 5G storyline where characters are older, but given that when earth 2 initially returned in all star comics they did a time jump I don’t see why we can’t do another. I’m not saying a significant one like it’s now 2020 from when they appeared in 80’s before Crisis on Infinite Earth but maybe a decade or so has passed by so we are beginning to see the retirement of classic characters, infinity inc becoming the JSA/maybe still infinity inc but a little older, and maybe even the start of a new generation inspired by the heroes of earth 2.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    ok now this is gonna sound weird given the fact that DC is doing a 5G storyline where characters are older, but given that when earth 2 initially returned in all star comics they did a time jump I don’t see why we can’t do another. I’m not saying a significant one like it’s now 2020 from when they appeared in 80’s before Crisis on Infinite Earth but maybe a decade or so has passed by so we are beginning to see the retirement of classic characters, infinity inc becoming the JSA/maybe still infinity inc but a little older, and maybe even the start of a new generation inspired by the heroes of earth 2.
    Is Helena on the JSA? I'm sure I saw her pal Power Girl. Saw your post about Damian benefiting from the guidance of older team[JSA] DDC did say something about damian needing help from his long lost sister. If Helena is on the JSA then your idea fits. He needs a lot of guidance and a stronger hand that Bruce.

I really want Helena, Power Girl, Val, Alan scott and Dick Grayson

Quote Originally Posted by Fergus View Post
    Is Helena on the JSA? I'm sure I saw her pal Power Girl. Saw your post about Damian benefiting from the guidance of older team[JSA] DDC did say something about damian needing help from his long lost sister. If Helena is on the JSA then your idea fits. He needs a lot of guidance and a stronger hand that Bruce.
    Yeah classic earth 2 JSA had Helena Wayne, she joined Infinity Inc for a short amount of time but then went back to the JSA.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Like Roy Thomas’ 2 Earth but with time progression. So basically the E-2 from the first annual of Johns’ second JSoA run which had a lot of the Infinitors and Helena Wayne in the JSoA.

Quote Originally Posted by docmidnite View Post
    Like Roy Thomas’ 2 Earth but with time progression. So basically the E-2 from the first annual of Johns’ second JSoA run which had a lot of the Infinitors and Helena Wayne in the JSoA.
    Yeah I guess that is what I was asking for huh...well hopefully this time without them acting a little out of character and basically torturing Powergirl.
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member

Yeah I guess that is what I was asking for huh...well hopefully this time without them acting a little out of character and basically torturing Powergirl.
    I'm going to just go ahead and pretend that bit never happened...

1. Continue with the Roy Thomas' Earth-2 as if Crisis didn't happen, but keeping all the post-Crisis Infinity, Inc. stories that could still happen on Earth-2.

2. Introduce the later Infinitors that came during/after Crisis (Wildcat, Hourman and Dr. Midnight).

3. Add the members that joined during Geoff Johns' JSA, reconciling their post-Crisis backstory to fit on Earth-2. Black Canary could go to Earth-2 after a falling out with Ollie. Then return to Earth-2 to join Birds of Prey when done. Everyone else has ties to Earth-2 characters, so they could just be assumed to already be there.

4. Align everything from the first three points above so that the Justice Society Infinity team becomes the end result of all of this.

Then move forward from there.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I would like to see another time jump. Not long after COIE, both the JSA and Infinity Inc. get sucked into a portal and disappear for 35 years. Both re-emerge in the 21st century and have to acclimate to the new reality. The world has gotten along fine without super-heroes. And a special task force has been established to deal with super-threats. The president won by running on an anti-super powers platform. Super heroes are not welcomed back with open arms and history has been re-written to portray superheroes as causing the villains they fought. Sort of like The Nail.
    Assassinate Putin!

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Basically a world where superheroes have been a thing since the GOLDEN AGE.

So your modern book JUSTICE SOCIETY is about Jade, Huntress, Cyclone, Stargirl, Liberty Belle, Hourman, and other new heroes- under the guidance of Wonder Woman and a Jay Garrick who is part of the Speed Force. I'd keep the descendants to a minimum, have newer characters and characters inspired by older legends.

UNTOLD TALES OF THE JUSTICE SOCIETY OF AMERICA would be prestige format adventures from previous eras, and the OG heroes who have died off. Maybe if both are successful, you can launch a book about Hawkman in WW2 or something.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 01-18-2020 at 05:13 PM.

Extraordinary Member

I'd say that DC has to decide who belongs where. Stargirl is JSA...but not Earth 2. Ditto Cyclone. Though I don't see why you couldn't retcon them to be...but then you'd have to stay with that, meaning no more JLA for Stargirl.

Everyone else though is what I'd like to see. JSA, Infinity Inc. Sundry unaffiliated heroes. Older and/or retired heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I'd say that DC has to decide who belongs where. Stargirl is JSA...but not Earth 2. Ditto Cyclone. Though I don't see why you couldn't retcon them to be...but then you'd have to stay with that, meaning no more JLA for Stargirl.

Everyone else though is what I'd like to see. JSA, Infinity Inc. Sundry unaffiliated heroes. Older and/or retired heroes.
    Well on earth 2 instead of Stargirl there is Skyman/Sylvester Pemberton, so they’re are equivalents. None come to mind for Cyclone at the moment though.
    Words to live by.

Well on earth 2 instead of Stargirl there is Skyman/Sylvester Pemberton, so they’re are equivalents. None come to mind for Cyclone at the moment though.
    IIRC, she was the step-daughter of Pat Dugan (Stripesy, sidekick of Star-Spangled Kid and member of the All-Star Squadron) and received the staff from Jack Knight (son of Ted Knight, the original Starman and member of the JSA), so if the Crisis hadn't happened, Courtney could've easily been Stargirl on Earth-2.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.